OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
You're forgetting the man-to-man defenders. Admittedly they're not as relevant anymore because there's only 5 or so post-oriented centers still in the NBA, but it is a category.

Deandre Jordan is not a good man-to-man defender. He gets killed by Cousins.

I think it's a relatively unimportant skill for a 5 in today's game. Teams aren't going to beat you very often with their big going 1-on-1 in the post.

DJ is regular season guy but when playoffs comes around Z BO feeds on him like anything

He can dominate the midget center of GSW when bogut was not playing last yr but thats about it
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:14 am    Post subject:

Karl Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor. I'm more Towns than Okafor though. I really, really hope the Lakers get to choose between the two.

Incidentally, if they get 4th or 5th.. would you trade the 4th/5th pick + Houston's pick and possibly second round pick if you could nab the 2nd pick from whoever gets it?

Seeing Towns beast in the post made me smile. The fact that he's a solid shot blocker is icing on the cake. Having a player that you can dump the ball into and have him go get buckets would help the offense so much imo.

DeAndre Jordan is a defensive beast, sure. But, I just don't think he'll be as great as people think he is without a Chris Paul or Blake Griffin alongside him. I just don't see Jordan leaving his current situation for the Lakers.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
My prediction:

Lakers

@ Brooklyn - L
@ Philly - L
vs. New Orleans - L
vs. Portland - L
vs. Clippers - L
@ Clippers - L
@ Denver - L
vs. Minnesota - W
vs. Dallas - L
@ Sacramento - L
vs. Sacramento - W

Finish: 21-61

Philly

@ Cleveland - L
vs. Lakers - W
@ Washington - L
@ Charlotte - L
@ New York - W
vs. Washington - L
@ Chicago - L
vs. Milwaukee - L
vs. Miami - L

Finish: 21-61

Orlando

vs. San Antonio - L
@ Minnesota - L
@ Milwaukee - L
vs. Chicago - L
vs. Toronto - L
vs. New York - W
@ Miami - L
@ Brooklyn- L

Finish: 23-59

That last game against Sac...

U made up the entire scenario and then got sad about it?

Philly is playing really good, they will win couple e.g: hornets, bucks & 1 of wizs

I'm sad because we have a chance for top 3 and then go and screw it winning our last game. That's just how I see things playing out. Hopefully I'm wrong, though ending up tied for 3rd is better than being alone at 4th.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

My Top 20 as of today. Winslow's made the biggest move over the last month.

1) D'Angelo Russell
2) Karl Towns
3) Jahlil Okafor
4) Justise Winslow
5) Willie Cauley-Stein
6) Mario Hezonja
7) Kristaps Porzingis
8) Emmanuel Mudiay
9) Frank Kaminsky
10) Stanley Johnson
11) Myles Turner
12) Kelly Oubre
13) RJ Hunter
14) Jerian Grant
15) Caris Levert
16) Jakob Poeltl
17) Kris Dunn
18) Tyus Jones
19) Montrezl Harrell
20) Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

If only the Lakers could have acquired a couple of 1st rounders..... would have been a lot easier to move up get the player the Lakers might want.... another example of a team lacking trade assets when they need it.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
You're forgetting the man-to-man defenders. Admittedly they're not as relevant anymore because there's only 5 or so post-oriented centers still in the NBA, but it is a category.

Deandre Jordan is not a good man-to-man defender. He gets killed by Cousins.

I think it's a relatively unimportant skill for a 5 in today's game. Teams aren't going to beat you very often with their big going 1-on-1 in the post.

DJ is regular season guy but when playoffs comes around Z BO feeds on him like anything

He can dominate the midget center of GSW when bogut was not playing last yr but thats about it

Centers rarely even go up against each other in any practical way the way that modern basketball is played. On both ends of the court their functionality generally comes to play when the defense is compromised.

Two months ago Jordan was supposedly a product of CP3 and Griffin. Then Griffin went down and DJ continued to dominate and the Clippers continued to win. Now he's just a product of the regular season and not the playoffs, as long as you take out that time last year where he dominated in the playoffs.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
Karl Anthony Towns or Jahlil Okafor. I'm more Towns than Okafor though. I really, really hope the Lakers get to choose between the two.

Incidentally, if they get 4th or 5th.. would you trade the 4th/5th pick + Houston's pick and possibly second round pick if you could nab the 2nd pick from whoever gets it?

Seeing Towns beast in the post made me smile. The fact that he's a solid shot blocker is icing on the cake. Having a player that you can dump the ball into and have him go get buckets would help the offense so much imo.

DeAndre Jordan is a defensive beast, sure. But, I just don't think he'll be as great as people think he is without a Chris Paul or Blake Griffin alongside him. I just don't see Jordan leaving his current situation for the Lakers.

Jordan dominated when Griffin was out for a 14 game stretch.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

He still had Chris Paul though. Does he do as well with a Jordan Clarkson or Jeremy Lin?

It's probably my bias though. I love centers that you can throw the ball into the post and tell him to go to work. So, for that reason, I'll probably never like DeAndre Jordan.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

1) D'Angelo Russell
2) Karl Towns
3) Jahlil Okafor
4) Justise Winslow
5) Willie Cauley-Stein
6) Mario Hezonja
7) Kristaps Porzingis
8) Emmanuel Mudiay
9) Frank Kaminsky
10) Stanley Johnson
11) Myles Turner
12) Kelly Oubre
13) RJ Hunter
14) Jerian Grant
15) Caris Levert
16) Jakob Poeltl
17) Kris Dunn
18) Tyus Jones
19) Montrezl Harrell

Good list, I agree with you on Winslow, the more I see him play, the more I like his game.

My top five would be:

1. Okafor
2. Towns
3. Winslow
4. Russell
5. WCS

I really like Dekker also as a late first round prospect, I think he will be effective in the NBA.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

With the Wizards season headed south..... I would diff trade the Top-3 pick for John Wall.... that team is a big mess..
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Best Single-Season Rebounding % since 1970-71

1) Dennis Rodman, 1994-95........29.7%
2) Reggie Evans, 2013-14...........26.7%
3) Dennis Rodman, 1995-96........26.6%
4) Dennis Rodman, 1991-92........26.2%
5) Dennis Rodman, 1992-93........26.0%
6) Dennis Rodman, 1993-94........25.7%
7) Dennis Rodman, 1996-97........25.6%
8) DeAndre Jordan, 2014-15....24.4%
9) Dennis Rodman, 1997-98.........24.1%
10) Marcus Camby, 2010-11.........24.1%

Jordan is the only player on this list to score in double figures as well (11.3ppg) and he also ranks 3rd in the NBA in True Shooting %, which does factor in free throws. (64.0%) He's having a historic season, but people are having a hard time letting go of their pre-conceived notions of him.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:54 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

He still had Chris Paul though. Does he do as well with a Jordan Clarkson or Jeremy Lin?

It's probably my bias though. I love centers that you can throw the ball into the post and tell him to go to work. So, for that reason, I'll probably never like DeAndre Jordan.

Probably not as well, no. But he'd still be tremendously effective without him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

Vottomatic wrote:
Just say no to WCS lol he'll be lucky to be what Nerlens Noel is now

He is already a better defender than Noel.
Math
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject:

Lin out today with upper respiratory infection. Boom!
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

1) D'Angelo Russell
2) Karl Towns
3) Jahlil Okafor
4) Justise Winslow
5) Willie Cauley-Stein
6) Mario Hezonja
7) Kristaps Porzingis
8) Emmanuel Mudiay
9) Frank Kaminsky
10) Stanley Johnson
11) Myles Turner
12) Kelly Oubre
13) RJ Hunter
14) Jerian Grant
15) Caris Levert
16) Jakob Poeltl
17) Kris Dunn
18) Tyus Jones
19) Montrezl Harrell

Good list, the only thing I'd change is Russell and Towns position, and WCS and Winslow

Last edited by Rivershow on Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:00 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
If only the Lakers could have acquired a couple of 1st rounders..... would have been a lot easier to move up get the player the Lakers might want.... another example of a team lacking trade assets when they need it.

We will have TWO 1st round picks (if we continue at our present pace) & potentially TWO second round picks (depending on where Clips finish).
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

^That's the only point i'm trying to make. He's great, sure. Replace Chris Paul with Jordan Clarkson or Jeremy Lin? I'm not positive people love him as much. He'll still have the highlight blocks people here crave so much. But that oh-so-deadly pick-and-roll between him and CP3 won't be the same.

You can throw out all the stats in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that there's almost zero chance of him leaving the Clippers. That's the whole reason why I don't even entertain the thought of him.

He's BEST FRIENDS (i think people look over that fact) with Blake Griffin. He has a top 5 point guard in Chris Paul. The Clippers owner is not going to be shy throwing around money to keep him if thats what Doc and Blake want.

Why would he leave the Clippers to join the Lakers who have not a single player at any position in the top 10. It doesn't make sense to me.

At least if you talk about the draft picks theres a possibility. With DeAndre I see NO possible way he leaves the Clippers.. much less for the Lakers lol.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Probably not as well, no. But he'd still be tremendously effective without him.

That might be a wrong assumption, look what Davis has been doing with average PG's through out the season... and it's not like there regularly throwing lobs at him like the Clippers do with Jordan..... I think the blue-print is that the Lakers need to give extra effort in convincing Jordan and his agent to come to the other side of the Staples hall...... also what might force Jordan to leave is that that team has no history of turning anything around... so he might want to waste his years on a better situation with better track-record.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan · 1m ago

Jordan Hill will return to the Lakers' lineup today vs. Brooklyn according to Scott.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject:

Jordan is happy with the Clippers and won't leave just yet.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

He actually stepped his game up when Griffin went out. As a 2-3 option here he would be solid.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:08 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:
^That's the only point i'm trying to make. He's great, sure. Replace Chris Paul with Jordan Clarkson or Jeremy Lin? I'm not positive people love him as much. He'll still have the highlight blocks people here crave so much. But that oh-so-deadly pick-and-roll between him and CP3 won't be the same.

You can throw out all the stats in the world but it still doesn't change the fact that there's almost zero chance of him leaving the Clippers. That's the whole reason why I don't even entertain the thought of him.

He's BEST FRIENDS (i think people look over that fact) with Blake Griffin. He has a top 5 point guard in Chris Paul. The Clippers owner is not going to be shy throwing around money to keep him if thats what Doc and Blake want.

Why would he leave the Clippers to join the Lakers who have not a single player at any position in the top 10. It doesn't make sense to me.

At least if you talk about the draft picks theres a possibility. With DeAndre I see NO possible way he leaves the Clippers.. much less for the Lakers lol.

I also think that him leaving is unlikely. There are rumors that he'd like a bigger role elsewhere, which we could provide, but it's still a longshot. That said, he should still be the first call that we make.

He's having one of the greatest rebounding seasons in the history of the NBA. He's been dominant in a multitude of categories, including the ones that normalize for the quality of teammates. He sets crushing screens, which has allowed Redick to have his best season. When you replace DeAndre Jordan with Spencer Hawes, a supposedly more talented offensive player, and keep every other starter the same, the Clippers offense drops by 10 points per 100 possessions, which is enormous. He's 2nd in the NBA with a 125.8 Offensive Rating, and 10th in offensive Win Shares. (which normalizes for the quality of your teammates)
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Quote:
@Mike_Bresnahan · 1m ago

Jordan Hill will return to the Lakers' lineup today vs. Brooklyn according to Scott.

...for Ed Davis.

...right?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Jeremy Lin out with a cold. Mitch and jim watched KAT and said damn. Time for Ed davis to have a long "upper respiratory infection" too.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:11 am    Post subject:

ch3cky0selff00 wrote:

Sometimes guys want to be a chief and not just an indian.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 769, 770, 771 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 770 of 893
Jump to: