Official Jordan Clarkson Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 683, 684, 685  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Clarkson has that rare combination of no fear and high bball IQ.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:31 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:
Clarkson is legit. He'll be a very good core player for this organization and we lucked into him with a thrown dart type draft choice.

Ironically, if Mitch and Co. hit the nail with a 46th pick, imagine giving him a top 3 pick, a 26th pick, and a 34th pick this year.

yup that's why I'm so excited for this draft. Mitch will find at least one more still with our two picks from 25-35. After this draft I'm hoping for 4 LEGIT ballers on our squad, 2 from last year 2 from this year
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

I beg to differ. No fear? Yes. High IQ? Maybe.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dood23 wrote:
Do you guys think Clarkson being a superstar makes up for losing the draft pick?

Not in a mocking way, I just think it's an impressive re-frame of the circumstances. Him being so good makes me want to keep the pick even MORE, especially considering my opinion of Randle. Do you know what a great position we'll be in with Clarkson, Randle, & a Top 5 pick for a COMBINED $10M????

Well said, GT.

It could be the case next year that KB would be making 3 times what our probable 3 best players would be making, combined.

No way they are even close to the player Kobe will be next season. Kobe will be far and away the best player on the team and it wont even be close (unless we pull a huge name in trade or free agency)

Remains to be seen what Kobe's minutes will be like...I'm not counting on him having a healthy season.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject:

orwell wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Clarkson may not have the high IQ of a guy like CP3 but I think it's above average. To improve so quickly, there is certainly some IQ/fast learning going on.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

lakers4life78 wrote:
Clarkson is legit. He'll be a very good core player for this organization and we lucked into him with a thrown dart type draft choice.

His pick was no way "a thrown dart type draft choice"!!

West and Buss scouted him and were very high on him. They submitted a glowing report on him so strong the front office aggressively went after him!! They approached every team asking to buy their pick and were turned down by each team until #46!! They threw out a crazy 1.8M price tag to sell us their #46 pick (3X the normal price of $500,000 to $600,000) and I'm sure they were shocked when we agreed!! I can imagine how stressed Mitch & Jim were when every team was refusing to sell us a pick....and expecting him to be taken before we found a seller (he went way past his projected range). We wanted him badly....it wasn't by chance at all!!
LakerEric
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:00 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dood23 wrote:
Do you guys think Clarkson being a superstar makes up for losing the draft pick?

Not in a mocking way, I just think it's an impressive re-frame of the circumstances. Him being so good makes me want to keep the pick even MORE, especially considering my opinion of Randle. Do you know what a great position we'll be in with Clarkson, Randle, & a Top 5 pick for a COMBINED $10M????
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakers4life78 wrote:

Ironically, if Mitch and Co. hit the nail with a 46th pick, imagine giving him a top 3 pick, a 26th pick, and a 34th pick this year.

Yup. Though I don't agree with the OP saying we lucked in to him. We specifically targeted him. Clarkson was actual an acquisition via trade, not a draft pick per se.

To me the difference is that when you have a draft pick, you get the best player you want that is still available. In this case, we specifically sought out Clarkson and paid more than he is making for him too.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:29 am    Post subject:

imagine if atlanta would have drafted him....

him and schroder coming off the bench on rookie contracts
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
orwell wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

Clarkson may not have the high IQ of a guy like CP3 but I think it's above average. To improve so quickly, there is certainly some IQ/fast learning going on.

Agreed. He's been soaking up knowledge and it's showing on the floor. He was definitely erratic and more of a gunner and missed a ton of those floaties early on. I think the game has slowed down a lot for him already.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject:

Clarkson now fifth on NBA.com rookie ladder (link)
alexamerling43
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

We have ourselves a gem with this kid. Reminds me a lot of Monta Ellis
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

I'm tired of hearing that we can't get too high on clarkson or that we still need to find a starting point guard next year. This guy is playing out of his mind for a rookie. Everyone who disagrees think about this: Would your opinion of him as our future be different if he was drafted 7th? Let's just say he was our number one draft pick last year at 7. Everyone has Randle starting next year and he hasn't even played a full game.

If clarkson was drafted top 10 last year we would all have him as the starter next year and beyond.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
I'm tired of hearing that we can't get too high on clarkson or that we still need to find a starting point guard next year. This guy is playing out of his mind for a rookie. Everyone who disagrees think about this: Would your opinion of him as our future be different if he was drafted 7th? Let's just say he was our number one draft pick last year at 7. Everyone has Randle starting next year and he hasn't even played a full game.

If clarkson was drafted top 10 last year we would all have him as the starter next year and beyond.

I agree. I think Clarkson being a second round pick, has some people underrating what he's doing or underselling his potential.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

44TheLogo wrote:
kobe209 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Well said, GT.

It could be the case next year that KB would be making 3 times what our probable 3 best players would be making, combined.

No way they are even close to the player Kobe will be next season. Kobe will be far and away the best player on the team and it wont even be close (unless we pull a huge name in trade or free agency)

Remains to be seen what Kobe's minutes will be like...I'm not counting on him having a healthy season.

Kobe was barely an above average NBA player this year when he was healthy.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

Kobe injured his shoulder in the preseason and was playing through it for 35 games. He was never healthy.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

Making it all the more impressive what he did
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Kobe injured his shoulder in the preseason and was playing through it for 35 games. He was never healthy.

There's a difference between being injured and being hurt. Kobe will almost certainly hurt something next preseason too, has played almost every season in the last 10 with something hurt, and he's not alone in that respect. It's splitting hairs. He just wasn't very good.
bws94
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat, do you think Kobe was better as a facilitator vs. scorer? He wasn't efficient as a scorer and his D was pretty bad.

Kobe with Clarkson, who knows? Kobe is a creature of I have to do it when the guy I chooses falters and can't live up to my expectations. Will Clarkson live up to his expectations?

Might be moot, Kobe may not have many games left in him.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:31 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

There's a difference between being injured and being hurt. Kobe will almost certainly hurt something next preseason too, has played almost every season in the last 10 with something hurt, and he's not alone in that respect. It's splitting hairs. He just wasn't very good.

In the beginning of the season before his shoulder got worse...Kobe was the #1 highest scorer in the NBA. Not very good?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:36 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

In the beginning of the season before his shoulder got worse...Kobe was the #1 highest scorer in the NBA. Not very good?

I'm not going to bother with the extremely obvious counter-argument to this.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject:

Why are you guys arguing about the Mamba, when this thread is clearly about Clutchson?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
kobe209 wrote:
44TheLogo wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dood23 wrote:

Well said, GT.

Kobe was barely an above average NBA player this year when he was healthy.

He wasn't healthy all season.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:09 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He wasn't healthy. I'm not sure what you mean to say with your analysis of injured and hurt. You mean hurt is still healthy? Until it gets to injury level?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:17 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

He wasn't healthy. I'm not sure what you mean to say with your analysis of injured and hurt. You mean hurt is still healthy? Until it gets to injury level?

In professional sports? Absolutely.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 86, 87, 88 ... 683, 684, 685  Next
Page 87 of 685
Jump to: