Clarkson/Randle Duo will attract Free Agents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:22 pm    Post subject: Clarkson/Randle Duo will attract Free Agents

OK so we gonna give our pick to Philly...No biggie...Philly is the new-old clippers. ..Losing will be contagious there for the next decade and they will only destroy players development ....Clarkson and Randle will thrive next season as a young duo! We'll win 38 games...small steps and those two young fellas will be the pitch that brings in Max free agents!

Last edited by LakeShowSince84 on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:23 pm    Post subject:

We're not giving our pick to philly
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Not according to management. ...Right now winning meaningless games in early spring is more important than drafting a franchise changer
kobe209
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Not according to management. ...Right now winning meaningless games in early spring is more important than drafting a franchise changer

Lakers can win the rest of their games. They still have great odds to keep the pick

IG: wywsabaywb
Iandrewd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject:

Lakers also need to keep Ed Davis. The guy has been flat out terrific for the Lakers. I'm having nightmares that the Lakers let Davis go and sign Greg Monroe. Nothing wrong with Monroe, just that Davis is slightly better and Monroe will cost 8x as much.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:15 am    Post subject:

Not sure two guys who are basically rookies will be a recruiting chip. Maybe in a few years, but one can argue that if these guys are the main recruiting chip that veterans may actually look elsewhere. I agree they are nice building blocks but it requires time.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:23 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Lakers can win the rest of their games. They still have great odds to keep the pick

Who knows if the Lakers keep the pick. Last Cleveland was in the 9th spot and the lottery gods blessed them with the 1st pick. Wins and losses at this point just changes the percentages but does not set the pick.

The games are not meaningless to the players. I will give them credit for playing hard and winning. Did you watch the game last night? For the first time I saw Kelly show some fight when he outplayed Norlens. I saw Wes actually block a shot when a PF posted him up at a critical moment. I saw Clarkson fight down the stretch and find a way to get open to win the game.

I refuse to criticize players for playing hard and winning.

Clarkson has impressed this season. I am actually excited about seeing him develop. Same with Randle. He showed some nice playmaking skills last Summer League. Can he improve? Can he be as dynamic as I think he can? Only time will tell.

Together they create a nice foundation for the Lakers. As long as the front office and more importantly the fans will be patient enough to let them grow. Next year is about rebuilding. Hopefully with a top 5 pick, but if not the plan changes and the Lakers will adapt. But they still have two promising young players to build around.
Purp 32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:53 am    Post subject:

Worst case scenario we lose the pick, but go into next season with two very promising young players in Clarkson and Randle. You can have all the first round picks you want, but to actually get it right and select legit talent isn't easy. Mitch lucked out by getting Randle, a top 3 talent in last year's draft, then following that up by getting maybe the best all around guard in the draft. Not to mention snagging Black from Houston who has Faried 2.0 potential. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a top 5 pick this year too, but we'll be alright if we lose it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

Oh
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

Lets give them their due. Philly has played the system to perfection and you have to give them props. They have some good young talent, a boatload of $ and a boatload of picks.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:35 am    Post subject:

kobe209 wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

And what would those odds be in that scenario?
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Lets give them their due. Philly has played the system to perfection and you have to give them props. They have some good young talent, a boatload of $ and a boatload of picks.

Hard to say they played the system to perfection when they have yet to do anything with it.

So far, they have seemingly have a lot of trade chips and that's about all you can say about them. Whether their team develops into anything is not guaranteed.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:

Yep, Philly is playing their 2032 contention plan to perfection. At the rate their going, they might pull it off a few years early, like by 2027 or so...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Not sure two guys who are basically rookies will be a recruiting chip. Maybe in a few years, but one can argue that if these guys are the main recruiting chip that veterans may actually look elsewhere. I agree they are nice building blocks but it requires time.

They might be recruiting by 2018.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject:

Purp 32 wrote:
Worst case scenario we lose the pick, but go into next season with two very promising young players in Clarkson and Randle. You can have all the first round picks you want, but to actually get it right and select legit talent isn't easy. Mitch lucked out by getting Randle, a top 3 talent in last year's draft, then following that up by getting maybe the best all around guard in the draft. Not to mention snagging Black from Houston who has Faried 2.0 potential. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a top 5 pick this year too, but we'll be alright if we lose it.

Even if we don't get the lottery pick we still have Houston's.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Let's just hope Randle can stay healthy. Sure it's his fibula but 2 broken bones (counting the foot too) isn't the most promising start to his NBA career.
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject:

They will attract free agents............ When one or both becomes an all-star. That's how the free agency game goes. Stars attract stars not banners and history. Don't get it confused.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Clarkson/Randle Duo will attract Free Agents

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
OK so we gonna give our pick to Philly...No biggie...

No biggie? Really? A pick that without it, could set this team back for possibly a decade?

No biggie. No big deal. Right.

The only way those two would attract free agents is if Clarkson becomes a star, and just not an all star. Same with Randle.

While I hope they do and still optimistic about them, keeping this pick is essential, and would put MUCH LESS pressure on those two being good soon.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Well if you look at Miami, they really only needed one star. Then they attracted two (Lebron/Bosh).

Clarkson/Russell/Randle even better, I would bet one of these guys can become a star?
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:28 pm    Post subject:

The team is not trying to win games, they are evaluating the younger talent now. They cannot come out and say they are tanking.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

No were not.

And no they wont.

Just my guess but,
Randle hasn't done anything yet. And Clarkson is putting up stats on a bottom feeding team. Not the same as putting up those stats on a team fighting for the playoffs. However I think they'll see him as an up and coming player but it won't be a big factor.

FA's will come here for the money, LA and the Lakers mystique, and the Top 5 pick will help too.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Clarkson/Randle Duo will attract Free Agents

Megaton wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:
OK so we gonna give our pick to Philly...No biggie...

No biggie? Really? A pick that without it, could set this team back for possibly a decade?

No biggie. No big deal. Right.

The only way those two would attract free agents is if Clarkson becomes a star, and just not an all star. Same with Randle.

While I hope they do and still optimistic about them, keeping this pick is essential, and would put MUCH LESS pressure on those two being good soon.

C'mon now....You didn't detect my blatant sarcasm lol.... I sould've have elaborated ..... No biggie as in according to front office and Byron Scott
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject:

They will. People just have no patience.

Whoever we get top 5 this year will also help.

Our team has an opportunity to be built up like GSW. They started with Steph, Klay, and Barnes as young guys. They developed them and added solid role players like Lee, Bogut, AI along the way to help.

That's the route I hope we take
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
They will. People just have no patience.

Whoever we get top 5 this year will also help.

Our team has an opportunity to be built up like GSW. They started with Steph, Klay, and Barnes as young guys. They developed them and added solid role players like Lee, Bogut, AI along the way to help.

That's the route I hope we take

Yup, that top 5 pick is really pivotal setting up the foundation to build the right way.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

I'd prefer to actually watch Julius Randle play at least 20-30 games before I even think he will be a core player.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: