Lakers current roster position and potential off-season moves
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jello's Jigglin'
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 pm    Post subject:

If we keep the pick, I am completely on board drafting Winslow worst case. Add the FA signings of 3 or 4 solid additions instead of one max (Koufos, Davis, D. Green and Lin would be great).

PG Clarkson/Lin
SG Kobe/Young
SF *Winslow/D. Green/*J. Anderson
PF Randle/Black/Kelly
C Koufos/Davis/*Upshaw

*Rookies

A team like this is deep, can run, is better at defending, and has many interchangeable components and lineups.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

Would anyone trade the Hou pick for Wilson Chandler, George Hill, or Courtney Lee?

They are all unrestricted FA's in 2016 and their current teams may be looking to get something for them?

I am open to taking back a player and a pick (J. Linn deal), for the right guy.

GS cap situation is going to be real interesting this summer, they maybe looking to part with someone?
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
I think that Love and Randle can work well on offense, not so sure about defense though.

Drafting WCS goes a long way in solving that problem.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject:

If Davis was to resign with the team, I would put him as C/Backup C and Black should be third string PF. I would like to see R Kelly get the majority of the backup PF minutes.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject:

Jello's Jigglin' wrote:
If we keep the pick, I am completely on board drafting Winslow worst case. Add the FA signings of 3 or 4 solid additions instead of one max (Koufos, Davis, D. Green and Lin would be great).

PG Clarkson/Lin
SG Kobe/Young
PF Randle/Black/Kelly
C Koufos/Davis/*Upshaw

*Rookies

A team like this is deep, can run, is better at defending, and has many interchangeable components and lineups.

Black is a little bigger than Davis and normally plays C while Davis normally plays PF. I'm doubtful that a big will be drafted, particularly if Davis is re-signed as the Lakers are 3 deep at both PF and C. Otherwise, I like.

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Would anyone trade the Hou pick for Wilson Chandler, George Hill, or Courtney Lee?

They are all unrestricted FA's in 2016 and their current teams may be looking to get something for them?

Why would their teams trade away a starter for a very late first round pick?
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject:

somehow land karl towns... sign middlton sf for around 10m as the big pick up. I double Bucks match as a small market for their 3rd best wing. promote franklin and vander invite them to camp and summer league. keep the two best out of blue, franklin, and brown. need two backups in case Kobe gets hurt again(it has happened two years in a row). bring price back for the min unless we get someone better for the min

c: Towns, black, sacre
pf Randle, kelly
sf: Middleton, swaggy p
sg: Kobe, brown, frankln/vander blue
pg: Clarkson, 2th pick(gary payton jr), price
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject:

Jello's Jigglin' wrote:

PG Clarkson/Lin
SG Kobe/Young
PF Randle/Black/Kelly
C Koufos/Davis/*Upshaw

*Rookies

This is a realistic and much upgraded roster. Along the same line of reasoning I would like to see the Lakers take.

I am hopeful the Lakers are able to pick a Center with the top 5 pick but Winslow is growing on me. Center and SF are the critical upgrades this off-season.

We chose slightly different routes but ended up at the same place. A much better roster. I have been leaning towards drafting bigs and a SF in free agency. But the Koufos addition is one I like. Not flashy but a nice solid legitimate center at a good price.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

Am I missing something, I thought Jordan Hill has another year on his contract? The base lineup should be:

PG - Clarkson (32) / ??? (16)
SG - Bryant (26) / ??? (22) (I think Lin could fill most of the extra PG/SG minutes at $6-7m)
SF - ??? (30) / Young (18) (We need to minimize Nick's minutes/influence as much as possible
PF - Randle (24)/ Hill (24) / Kelly (0) (Randle and Hill should split 24/24 minutes at the PF spot, and Kelly shouldn't even be playing)
C - ??? (28) / Black (20) / Sacre (0) (We really need a true center, and Sacre shouldn't be playing)
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
Am I missing something, I thought Jordan Hill has another year on his contract?

Team option for $9M, which I expect the Lakers to decline (link).
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Got it, thanks!
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:35 am    Post subject:

Jello's Jigglin' wrote:

PG Clarkson/Lin
SG Kobe/Young
PF Randle/Black/Kelly
C Koufos/Davis/*Upshaw

*Rookies

Put an asterisk next to Randle; he's a rookie next year too.
Anthony Peeler
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

Man, there's an ESPN article on Towns today that makes me like him even more. The article tries to paint NY as the likeliest destination given that Towns is from NJ.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

I like the above idea of trading the Houston pick for a wing. Isn't GSW going to be a major tax payer if they re-sign Dray Green?? Trade it to them for H Barnes. He's 22 still and has upside, 43%from 3. Then if you like him you have his Bird rights.
I've already resigned myself to the fact we probably will lose the pick or pick 5th. I love WCS and hope he's around at 5. What an athlete, he's the perfect modern C. I would love to get Joseph as a backup to Clarkson as a FA signing. Have no idea if there would be any money left but then bring back Davis and Jabari and deal Swag for a 2nd rounder

Pg/ Clarkson/Joseph
SG/ Bryant / Jabari /2nd rounder
SF/ H Barnes / wes
PF/ Randle/ Ed Davis
C/ WCS / Sacre/ 2nd rounder

Hey not great but RANDLE/WCS/Harrison/ClArkson/Joseph/as a core going forward not too shabby
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
I like the above idea of trading the Houston pick for a wing. Isn't GSW going to be a major tax payer if they re-sign Dray Green?? Trade it to them for H Barnes. He's 22 still and has upside, 43%from 3. Then if you like him you have his Bird rights.

Barnes is a modestly paid starter (he only makes $3.8 million next year). Don't see the Warriors letting him go for a low draft pick. If they are looking to lower their payrole, Barnes isn't the guy they'd want to move -- just the opposite.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:47 am    Post subject:

The Warriors are a top contender as is, they would not be hurt by going into luxury tax territory. It isn't like they have to make some moves to improve like the Clippers, who will be hurt if they go into luxury tax territory. As we saw with the Lakers it isn't the money that is an issue, it is the way the CBA neuters your ability to improve your team.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:50 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

Barnes is a modestly paid starter (he only makes $3.8 million next year). Don't see the Warriors letting him go for a low draft pick. If they are looking to lower their payrole, Barnes isn't the guy they'd want to move -- just the opposite.

I would gladly trade the Houston pick for either D.Green or Barnes. Doubt GS would do it.

If the Lakers are lucky enough to draft a Center top 5, I would want a SF with that pick anyways. Best case Hollis-Jefferson is still on the board. If not, then Justin Anderson would be a great addition.

Same concept of a young core to rebuild around.
Dennis_D
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject:

Anthony Peeler wrote:
Man, there's an ESPN article on Towns today that makes me like him even more. The article tries to paint NY as the likeliest destination given that Towns is from NJ.

He's not a free agent and will go where he is drafted. I think it is foolish to say who the Lakers should draft at this point as no one knows where they will draft. Wait until the lottery is done.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

First, it comes down to if we have a top 5 pick. That pick will change a lot not only for the future but for a possible FA signing as we save about 4m.

I'm not draft a guard with the pick because of Clarkson. He's stablished his postion as the future guard. We can use another guard of course but we have bigger issues at SF and C. Being realistic my mock for a 3-5 pick is:

1. Justice Winslow
2. Willie Cauley - Stein
3. D'Angelo Russell

Assuming Towns and Okafor are gone.

As for FA I'm not re-signing anyone until we know how the big names go. My most realistic options go:

1. DeAndre Jordan
2. Roy Hibbert
3. Greg Monroe

I think Jordan is a real real possibility and should be the #1 priority aside Gasol, Love, and Aldridge but let's be real.

The players before draft and FA is a total of 33m in salary. The cap max is 63m. We will have a total after the draft of about 24m.

Draft:
3-5 pick : Justice Winslow SF
26-28 pick: Dakari Johnson C
34: Norman Powell SG
LAC pick if we get it: Ryan Boatwright PG

Free Agency:
DeAndre Jordan C 4yr 68m
Cory Joesph PG 3yr 15m (player option)
Jared Dudley 3yr 9m

I think getting Jordan is a starting point for our future. He silightifies our defense and brings in star power. I love Joesph as a PG going forward, him and Clarkson would work well with each other. I've always liked Dudleys game, he's an underrated 3-D guy.

Cut Robert Sacre
Re-sign Carlos Boozer 1yr 3m

Jordan Clarkson / Cory Joesph
Kobe Bryant / Nick Young / Jabari Brown / Norman Powell
Jared Dudley / Justice Winslow
Carlos Boozer / Julius Randle / Ryan Kelly
DeAndre Jordan / Tarik Black / Dakari Johnson

Good young team moving forward with a few solid vets to compete ne t season. Next season we will have about 28m in cap to spend if I'm right ? A guy like Kevin Durant will be available !!!!!

2016 season I'd hope for

Clarkson / Joesph
Winslow / Young / Powell
Durant / Dudley
Randle / Black
Jordan / Johnson

But if there's anyway we can move Young can we please !!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
SGVL1 wrote:

Exactly. He's very important to their positional versatility. Can guard 1-4.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
First, it comes down to if we have a top 5 pick. That pick will change a lot not only for the future but for a possible FA signing as we save about 4m.

I'm not draft a guard with the pick because of Clarkson. He's stablished his postion as the future guard. We can use another guard of course but we have bigger issues at SF and C. Being realistic my mock for a 3-5 pick is:

1. Justice Winslow
2. Willie Cauley - Stein
3. D'Angelo Russell

As for FA I'm not re-signing anyone until we know how the big names go. My most realistic options go:

1. DeAndre Jordan
2. Roy Hibbert
3. Greg Monroe

I think Jordan is a real real possibility and should be the #1 priority aside Gasol, Love, and Aldridge but let's be real.

The players before draft and FA is a total of 33m in salary. The cap max is 63m. We will have a total after the draft of about 24m.

Draft:

Free Agency:
DeAndre Jordan C 4yr 68m
Jared Dudley 3yr 9m

I think getting Jordan is a starting point for our future. He silightifies our defense and brings in star power. I love Joesph as a PG going forward, him and Clarkson would work well with each other. I've always liked Dudleys game, he's an underrated 3-D guy.

Cut Robert Sacre

Good young team moving forward with a few solid vets to compete ne t season. Next season we will have about 28m in cap to spend if I'm right ? A guy like Kevin Durant will be available !!!!!

2016 season I'd hope for

Clarkson / Joesph
Winslow / Young / Powell
Durant / Dudley
Randle / Black
Jordan / Johnson

You said there would be 24m in cap space with the Winslow pick, but you also state:
Quote:

Free Agency:
DeAndre Jordan C 4yr 68m
Jared Dudley 3yr 9m

That's 25m, but DJ is getting a max which over 18m. But I like your suggestion. That would be a nice offseason.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

This offseason I'd like to see us get a good perimeter defender, a C that can protect the rim and block shots, and a veteran PG to backup Clarkson.

I'd draft Justise Winslow, sign Deandre Jordan to the max, re-sign Davis with the 5-6M remaining in cap space, and sign Mo Williams with the room exception.

Clarkson/Williams
Kobe/Brown
Winslow/Young
Randle/Kelly/Black
Jordan/Davis/Sacre

I believe that team could definitely be in the playoffs(assuming there are no major injuries) and help attract future free agents in 2016 and 2017.
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
This offseason I'd like to see us get a good perimeter defender, a C that can protect the rim and block shots, and a veteran PG to backup Clarkson.

I'd draft Justise Winslow, sign Deandre Jordan to the max, re-sign Davis with the 5-6M remaining in cap space, and sign Mo Williams with the room exception.

Clarkson/Williams
Kobe/Brown
Winslow/Young
Randle/Kelly/Black
Jordan/Davis/Sacre

I believe that team could definitely be in the playoffs(assuming there are no major injuries) and help attract future free agents in 2016 and 2017.

I don't care much for Mo. I'd rather spend money on a younger PG like Joesph or Larkin than give almost the same money to Mo. Mo is up in age and really is just a scoring guard off the bench. We have Nick Young for that. I like to bring in potential. But if Mo wants to come in on the minimum I'm down. Or guys like Andre Miller and Aaron Brooks who are good mentors to Clarkson.

Also if we get DJ I don't see a point in spending 6-8m on Ed Davis who is a poor mans DJ. Let's spend that money elsewhere
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
a2j1m wrote:

1. Justice Winslow
2. Willie Cauley - Stein
3. D'Angelo Russell

1. DeAndre Jordan
2. Roy Hibbert
3. Greg Monroe

Draft:

Free Agency:
DeAndre Jordan C 4yr 68m
Jared Dudley 3yr 9m

Cut Robert Sacre

2016 season I'd hope for

Clarkson / Joesph
Winslow / Young / Powell
Durant / Dudley
Randle / Black
Jordan / Johnson

You said there would be 24m in cap space with the Winslow pick, but you also state:
Quote:

Free Agency:
DeAndre Jordan C 4yr 68m
Jared Dudley 3yr 9m

That's 25m, but DJ is getting a max which over 18m. But I like your suggestion. That would be a nice offseason.

Oh I thought the max started at 16... Well hmmm, but yeah if we can work to get DJ and Cory Joesph with the draftingg of Winslow and Johnson I'll be happy this offseason.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Celtics current roster position and potential off-season moves

Dennis_D wrote:

PG - Clarkson / ???
SG - Bryant / ???
SF - ??? / Young
PF - Randle / Kelly
C - ??? / Black / Sacre

I'd think Young would fill the ??? at backup SG. However I'd add an additional ??? at backup PF/C. I don't trust Black or Kelly yet as dependable backups and the fact is that Randle has still yet to play an entire NBA game. We need another vet big man.

So that's 4 ???s. Hopefully 3 are addressed with:

1. Top 5 pick
2. MAX slot ($15 - 19 million)
3. remainder of cap space ($5 - 9 million)

So we need to score with at least one of:

1. room MLE
2. Houston pick
3. our 2nd round pick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

If things went my way we'd draft Towns #2 overall. Then get Sam Dekker with the Houston pick. We'd trade our 2nd and Ryan Kelly for Terrance Ross. We'd keep the LAC 2nd and draft a stash Euro big with defensive potential. The we'd offer $15m to Middleton and the Bucks wouldn't match. Re-sign Ed Davis for 4 yrs/$20m and Jermey Lin and Wayne Ellington both for $3m deals (one with the room)
Once the rooks get acclimated this would be the rotation by the end of the season

Clarkson/Lin
Kobe/Young/Brown
Middleton/Ross/Dekker
Randle/Black
Towns/Davis/Sacre
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: