OFFICIAL 2015 Team Tank thread!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 891, 892, 893  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
Given the state of the franchise, What are the chances the Lakers actually value the ability to sign two Max free agents this year over having one and a top 5 pick?

They seem eerily indifferent about that very scenario. Wonder if they see it as a win win with Randle essentially redshirting year one and Clarkson showing first round value.

Theoretically, once again THEORETICALLY is A Gasol + Love combo (Yeah I Know) better than Tobias Harris, Resigning Ed Davis and Top 5 pick?

Or they don't resign Ed Davis, sign either Tobais Harris and keep the top 5 pick hopefully, while signing young guys to small contracts and give them a real tryout for the team long term.

That's the way we should go this off season. Love is not the answer at his age, or with his skill set. His talents don't help the team short term and having him here will only hurt the growth of our promising young studs.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

venturalakersfan wrote:
Sting wrote:
It will be devastating to lose that top 5 pick. 4th pick is so risky, it's 50/50 chance we keep that pick. Recent two separate draft classes have had two teams jump to top 5. Lakers needed to secure a top 3 slot to be able to sleep good at night. With the lakers luck they will end up with nothing. From Karl Towns to nothing.... Clarkson can play in the league, he has shown that. There is no point in getting these cheap old wins just ruining a potential 3 man foundation of Towns Randle and Clarkson..

No it is a 84%/16% chance.
teams being kicked out of the 4th spot from 5 have happened 3 out of 5 years
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

Sting wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sting wrote:
It will be devastating to lose that top 5 pick. 4th pick is so risky, it's 50/50 chance we keep that pick. Recent two separate draft classes have had two teams jump to top 5. Lakers needed to secure a top 3 slot to be able to sleep good at night. With the lakers luck they will end up with nothing. From Karl Towns to nothing.... Clarkson can play in the league, he has shown that. There is no point in getting these cheap old wins just ruining a potential 3 man foundation of Towns Randle and Clarkson..

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

Sting wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sting wrote:

That has no bearing on this years draft odds ...unless you think the league is tampering with the lottery.
The facts are, the fourth worst record this year has an 83% chance of getting a top 5 pick (based on # of lotto balls)
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

I never understood the Love "love" unless they look at him as a box office draw - but... he's not a box office draw so... I dunno...

I'm not clear on what position Julius Randle will play, a lot of people say he can play SF. If so, that could radically change the type of players we go after - do you want a stretch 4 or a banger 4? And the Center slot, do you want a stand around the perimeter guy like Jordan Hill or do you go after DeAndre Jordan?

or... by some miracle, we draft one of the premier college Centers so we go after Dragic? There's just too many variables until the draft to even guess right now.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
I like Clarkson, but we have to think about our future.

He is a big piece of our future!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Sting wrote:

I think he means benching him for the rest of these 9 games.

Which is not really an option. I'm fine with him playing still. It's Scott that really needs to control the game the tanking way.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Why don't we collectively start cheering for these guys to win? Maybe the pressure will be too much and they'll crumble...lol

But seriously, I'm gonna try to be more optimistic. being pessimistic helps no one. Maybe if we all have good vibes, good things will happen?
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 3:52 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Sting wrote:

I think he means benching him for the rest of these 9 games.

Which is not really an option. I'm fine with him playing still. It's Scott that really needs to control the game the tanking way.

They need to start limiting guys minutes. Nobody on the team should play nearly 40 minutes in a game. I'd rather see them all subbed in and out randomly, to never give any lineup time to become cohesive.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:30 am    Post subject:

If we can just finish 4th...I'm ok with that and ok with the chips falling as they may...I never believed we would be bottom 3 even if we tried our best... New York and, Philadelphia are just cringing awful...They were aggressive in their tank efforts and had no shame...Minnesota was always a wildcard as being in the bottom 3....Even with our scrubs, ...Each scrub we have play their a55es off...Can't say that about the bottom 3 teams
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.

And jim buss will try to screw that up by signing another round of 1yr rentals who gice sh** about that pick

If u have sucked for 60 games and can keep the pick and rebuild 1yr early why not do that?

If we dont get the pick next yr will be same as this
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 7:52 am    Post subject:

Think Orlando wins. Thats all you have to think now. Forget the rest. If Orlando wins 2-3 games, we have 4th. Take our chances in the lotto with that and call it a year.
Afrosho
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject:

Isn't Robert Upshaw a total head-case ?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:
Watch Orlando knock LA back to the #5 slot and the Lakers then win the top selection. All this stress over a "tank" debate is too much. I never want a season like this again and Okafor would be a building block.

No kidding.

If the Lakers can get this pick, let alone win a lottery, I don't want this kind of season to happen again for a LONG time.

It's not like we would have a choice either if we manage to keep the pick this year. Next season is top 3 protected.

The only good news from losing the pick would be that next year's pick would become guaranteed.

And jim buss will try to screw that up by signing another round of 1yr rentals who gice sh** about that pick

If u have sucked for 60 games and can keep the pick and rebuild 1yr early why not do that?

Doubtful we see one year rentals. We will more than likely sign FAs for a longer term. And if they play well, we might win 35+ games, giving us a 15-18 pick. Good scenario.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:44 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

kikanga wrote:
Sting wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sting wrote:

That has no bearing on this years draft odds ...unless you think the league is tampering with the lottery.
The facts are, the fourth worst record this year has an 83% chance of getting a top 5 pick (based on # of lotto balls)

True, it has no bearing at all. Last year the 4th team drafted 5th. I can live with that.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Bench Clarkson?

venturalakersfan wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Sting wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Sting wrote:

True, it has no bearing at all. Last year the 4th team drafted 5th. I can live with that.

offcourse u will live with it. but if the FO was smart they would not play boozer, lin, ed davis entire 4th qtr and win 3 in a row.

that would have gotten you #2 or #3 with a chance to pick #3 or #4

most of the scrubs wont be back anyways. these are meeks/clark's of this summer
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
24 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
fansincemagic wrote:

No kidding.

Doubtful we see one year rentals. We will more than likely sign FAs for a longer term. And if they play well, we might win 35+ games, giving us a 15-18 pick. Good scenario.

lakers will swing for home run and if they come up empty(which they will) they will punt and have 80mil in cap space then spending money on R Lopez or green or Carroll
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject:

I doubt the team is punting. This summer of a summers is not the time to do so.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:27 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:

lakers will swing for home run and if they come up empty(which they will) they will punt and have 80mil in cap space then spending money on R Lopez or green or Carroll

Disagree, they are set on working toward the playoffs next season, so they will use their cap space on vets who can help move in that direction. Luca has told us that many times.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

Disagree, they are set on working toward the playoffs next season, so they will use their cap space on vets who can help move in that direction. Luca has told us that many times.

while i respect Luca I want Jim/Mitch or even Ramona to come out and say it. For now they havent said anything even regarding this yr and how pathetic it has been, let alone next yr
mrrnr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Hey guys,Some clarity here.

Lets say we locked in at 4th pick after season is over.

Come May for the lottery pick and we get 6th lottery.

Do we loose that lottery pick to Philly or do we keep it.

Thx for the clarification..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

while i respect Luca I want Jim/Mitch or even Ramona to come out and say it. For now they havent said anything even regarding this yr and how pathetic it has been, let alone next yr

They have no reason to come out and say anything. If you can't judge by their actions, then that is on you.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject:

mrrnr wrote:

We lose it. Just as if we were to finish 6th but get top 5 after the lottery we would keep the pick.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 9:56 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

They have no reason to come out and say anything. If you can't judge by their actions, then that is on you.

exactly by their actions. they havent done anything yet. so we will know by July 8th what their plan is
mrrnr
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:10 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
mrrnr wrote:

We lose it. Just as if we were to finish 6th but get top 5 after the lottery we would keep the pick.

Thx Man,So its base on the Lottery,Thx for the clarity...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 836, 837, 838 ... 891, 892, 893  Next
Page 837 of 893
Jump to: