The JULIUS RANDLE Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject:

I think Randle has already shown he has the ability to play either the 3 or 4 spot on offense. However, his ability to be slotted at the 3 either permanently or on a consistent basis is not his ability to play that position on offense, but his ability to play that position on defense.

Is Randle laterally quick enough to guard Lebron James? Kevin Durant? Carmelo Anthony? Kawhi Leonard? Jimmy Butler? Gordon Hayward? Trevor Ariza? Chandler Parsons? That's a tougher call.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

anpherknee wrote:

https://instagram.com/p/1Ml8YAwoD5/

Randle's jump shot is looking significantly better since Nash's work with him on it. Not just the shot itself but the form.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:34 am    Post subject:

Has anyone else mentioned Randle has lost 18 lbs since before breaking his leg? Those that called him "chubby" can't say that any more!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:25 am    Post subject:

Yes Randle has lost 18 pounds. Which means he'll be in the 230s
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 3:49 am    Post subject:

Remember before the draft, Julius' mom said he lost 20 pounds
Toward that end, Randle is working out near his Dallas area home three times a day, his mother, Carolyn Kyles, said.

"He's dropped about 20 pounds," she said. "He's eating right. He's eating healthy."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/06/07/3280430/uk-notebook-ex-cats-in-nba-embrace.html#storylink=cpy

This isn't some new SF version of Jules. I posted a Twitter link to a picture after training camp of Jules where he looks super slim...

So he's done this 3 times now in the past year. and no that doesn't mean he has a weight problem. He just got back to doing cardio you should expect him to lose weight. Idk man I just don't like the SF talk
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:06 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
22 wrote:
I still want randle as a 4. I see no benefit to him at the 3.

Agreed.

Exactly. Randle is a pf. Nothing about him says sf. Maybe he's not as tall as they'd like for pf, or maybe he has nice handles for a pf, but neither of those things make him a sf. Worse thing they could do is try developing him at the wrong position. It will definitely stunt his growth. I don't know if that means they are locked in to the idea of getting a certain pf in free agency no matter what, but there is no reason to put Randle at sf. He is a pure pf.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

Concur with all those wanting him exclusively as a PF

It was the same thing with LO too.

At SF he will be pulled farther from the basket which will stop him from getting rebounds and he's have to guard quicker guys on the perimeter.

At PF he either has a strength or quickness advantage every night
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Toward that end, Randle is working out near his Dallas area home three times a day, his mother, Carolyn Kyles, said.

"He's dropped about 20 pounds," she said. "He's eating right. He's eating healthy."

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2014/06/07/3280430/uk-notebook-ex-cats-in-nba-embrace.html#storylink=cpy

This isn't some new SF version of Jules. I posted a Twitter link to a picture after training camp of Jules where he looks super slim...

So he's done this 3 times now in the past year. and no that doesn't mean he has a weight problem. He just got back to doing cardio you should expect him to lose weight. Idk man I just don't like the SF talk

Embiid gains a ton of weight; Randle with a snapped leg loses more weight. Love this kid.
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed.

Exactly. Randle is a pf. Nothing about him says sf. Maybe he's not as tall as they'd like for pf, or maybe he has nice handles for a pf, but neither of those things make him a sf. Worse thing they could do is try developing him at the wrong position. It will definitely stunt his growth. I don't know if that means they are locked in to the idea of getting a certain pf in free agency no matter what, but there is no reason to put Randle at sf. He is a pure pf.

Nothing? He is a perimter oriented player, you know. He's more of a PF than an SF, but saying that there's nothing about him that resembles the SF position is blatantly wrong.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:

At SF he will be pulled farther from the basket which will stop him from getting rebounds and he's have to guard quicker guys on the perimeter.

man clarkson looks 40 years old in your avi
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Embiid gains a ton of weight; Randle with a snapped leg loses more weight. Love this kid.

And yet what a front court that could be......

IF Embiid checked out health wise, which is probably stretch for the next year or so, I'd love to move our pick (if it's not 1-3) for him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:

it's the Nash effect
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:39 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed.

Nothing? He is a perimter oriented player, you know. He's more of a PF than an SF, but saying that there's nothing about him that resembles the SF position is blatantly wrong.

Randle is a power slasher. If you slot him in at SF, the refs will foul him out. He needs the PF rules to be effective unless he can get the untouchable status of the 1% club.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:

it's the Nash effect

I see it now (link)
TheElectronica
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Randle can play spot minutes at small forward if we want to go big.

I don't think it is wise to try to convert him full time. Jumpshot is not there, and it takes away from what makes him unique offensively. He is a guy who can score in the post consistently, but also has a face up game and quickness to do damage. There are few bigs that could consistently do that. Odom comes to mind. As does Webber. Same with Griffin.
mbright
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:43 am    Post subject:

Heck, If Nash could improve both our two rookies dramatically to all-star level, I would take back all the bad words I said toward him, including th e joke on his hair...
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:46 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
22 wrote:

it's the Nash effect

I see it now (link)

I've been trying to find a good pic of Julius and Clutchson together for an avi and that's the best I could find lol
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed.

People get so hung up on titles like SF and PF. That is so 1990's.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
oldschool32 wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
22 wrote:

Agreed.

People get so hung up on titles like SF and PF. That is so 1990's.

SFs are big SGs in today's game, they're quick, can shoot, and rarely post. PFs are more perimeter oriented than ever but are still much bigger and slower than SFs

I think calling a SF a forward is very 1990s, they're more of big guards today
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

Julius played 1,3,4 and 5 in high school depending on what his team needed.

Anyway he'll still likely play 4 but the Lakers seem intent on getting him as confident im his jumper as he was back in high school when he'd be getting step backs, fade away and threes all day. That's what made him such a nightmare, he could stretch the floor, he had a mid range game, and he was too powerful when he took it to the hoop.

That and Nash has been working on him with his jumper, you can tell the difference
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:57 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Randle's jump shot is looking significantly better since Nash's work with him on it. Not just the shot itself but the form.

I see a lot of Kobe and Nash's influence on those shots. Both guys were amazing at getting to their spots and the way Julius gets there and has that little fadeaway is very Nash-esque.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

I see a lot of Kobe and Nash's influence on those shots. Both guys were amazing at getting to their spots and the way Julius gets there and has that little fadeaway is very Nash-esque.

When people say "Kobe/Nash influenced him," what does that mean? Is Kobe/nash in the gym with Randle? Any word on that?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

When people say "Kobe/Nash influenced him," what does that mean? Is Kobe/nash in the gym with Randle? Any word on that?

Idk if it's on those shots in particular, but yes, there's a ton of word on it. I put up an article in that thread you started a few weeks back. Nobody responded after
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Kobe invited Randle to work out with him before training camp and he will do it again this summer. I have read that Randle has been getting tips from Nash.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
anpherknee wrote:

Idk if it's on those shots in particular, but yes, there's a ton of word on it. I put up an article in that thread you started a few weeks back. Nobody responded after

I'm glad Kobe is inviting him and Clarkson. But I do think people also overstate how much Kobe works with players. IF he chooses to work with you, i.e. Ariza and most recently Wes Johnson, it's one thing. But Kobe is pretty circumspect about who he chooses to devote his time to. I'm sure our boy Randle has been in the gym alone, a LOT when the team has been gone, etc. It's a lonely recovery but glad to see he's coming back strong.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 1534, 1535, 1536  Next
Page 208 of 1536
Jump to: