Should Clarkson play tomorrow night? (Update: Clarkson will NOT play)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Clarkson play tomorrow?
Yes
41%
 41%  [ 17 ]
No
58%
 58%  [ 24 ]
Total Votes : 41

Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

I wanted to see him play but I understand the concern, Now there's no reason to watch this game.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
I wanted to see him play but I understand the concern, Now there's no reason to watch this game.

Apparently the rest of LG feels the same. No one has even bothered to make a game thread yet
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:33 pm    Post subject:

That's curtains on a fantastic year.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

JC and Johnson are now added to the Laker list of walking wounded.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Gary Vitti sucking it up again.

Ah well, great season kid! Have a great summer and keep getting better!

What did Vitto do wrong? Twist your ankle twice in a game and limp around like he did at the end, and you're lucky if it's not a 2weeker. Maybe more

It's not what he did wrong exactly, it's what he can't do that bothers me.

I feel like we have one of the worst medical doctors, yet also have one of the best trainers. We can make a player grow and get better here yet when it comes to keeping them healthy, some fall apart. Case and point, Nash without the Suns, Howard with his back never getting back to normal, Kobe's constant injuries (not talking about the Achilles, the ones before like his fingers years back, and now his shoulder), Pau's injuries last year and the year before, the list goes on.

Not a fan of old Gary at all as of late. No I don't except miracles but when I see Pheonix, out of all the freaking teams in the NBA, a small market team mind you, that can keep players, even ones out of their prime to great shape, while watching Kobe breaking down one by one, it bothers me...a lot. Makes me very envious.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Megaton wrote:

What did Vitto do wrong? Twist your ankle twice in a game and limp around like he did at the end, and you're lucky if it's not a 2weeker. Maybe more

I feel like we have one of the worst medical doctors, yet also have one of the best trainers. We can make a player grow and get better here yet when it comes to keeping them healthy, some fall apart. Case and point, Nash without the Suns, Howard with his back never getting back to normal, Kobe's constant injuries (not talking about the Achilles, the ones before like his fingers years back, and now his shoulder), Pau's injuries last year and the year before, the list goes on.

Not a fan of old Gary at all as of late. No I don't except miracles but when I see Pheonix, out of all the freaking teams in the NBA, a small market team mind you, that can keep players, even ones out of their prime to great shape, while watching Kobe breaking down one by one, it bothers me...a lot. Makes me very envious.

Yea, I Get this stance. I personally can't chalk it up to anything more than luck. Maybe it is more than luck, could be, but I'm not sure so I just can't throw Vitti under the buss. Through the years he's always been known as a good trainer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe he's not with the times tho. I can't call it..
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:39 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Megaton wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Yea, I Get this stance. I personally can't chalk it up to anything more than luck. Maybe it is more than luck, could be, but I'm not sure so I just can't throw Vitti under the buss. Through the years he's always been known as a good trainer if I'm not mistaken. Maybe he's not with the times tho. I can't call it..

Vitti isn't awful either. It's just that he had this reputation for a LONG time as one of THE BEST medical trainers in the NBA. Yet for the past decade or so, I keep hearing constant news of when players are supposed to be back and recover from their injures, but than those dates get delayed and delayed and delayed. And all the responses we would get from the staff is "there has been some set backs...not ready yet, etc".

I mean, this is the Lakers for christ sake. One of the biggest and richest market teams in Sports let alone the NBA. How are the doctors or medical trainers here not up to par with Pheonix at least?

How is it that Pheonix can make an old, out of prime, injury prone, broken player like Grant Hill, and turn him into one of the best role players in the league, getting Steve Nash healthy every year even when playing starting minutes, or Amare after suffering a huge injury himself, still comes back and performs like one of the best bigman in the league.

AND THEN after those players leave, they break down and never recover. Hill could hardly survive a season with the Clippers, Amare eventually breaks down after the first half year with the Knicks and never becomes the same player again, and Nash, literally coming to this team after being an all star the season before despite his old age, breaks his leg, keeps getting injured, and eventually retires...

I know it sounds like I'm just making comparisons to Pheonix but I'm jealous and bitter as (bleep) when it comes to that. What the hell does Pheonix have over there that the biggest market team in the NBA can't have? It pisses me off and makes me sad when now I see Kobe breaking down.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: