Sacramento Kings sign David Stockton, son of John, to multi-year contract

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Sacramento Kings sign David Stockton, son of John, to multi-year contract

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/12/kings-sign-david-stockton-son-of-john-to-multi-year-contract/

Quote:
Kings sign David Stockton, son of John, to multi-year contract

The Kings have signed David Stockton, son of Hall of Fame point guard and all-time NBA assists and steals leader John Stockton, to a contract through next season, the team announced in a press release:

The Sacramento Kings announced today that the team has signed David Stockton through the 2015-16 season. The Kings had previously signed Stockton to a 10-day contract on February 20.

A day later, Stockton made his NBA debut at the STAPLES Center against the Los Angeles Clippers. He recorded one point (0-2 FG, 1-1 FT), two rebounds and one assist in seven minutes off the bench in his lone appearance with the Kings.

Stockton, a 5-11, 165-pound guard, averaged 20.1 points (.461 FG%, .398 3pt%, .824 FT%), 4.2 rebounds, 9.4 assists, 2.5 steals and 30.5 minutes per game in 43 contests of which he started 38 for the Sacramento Kings NBA D-League affiliate Reno Bighorns in 2014-15. Stockton recorded two triple-doubles, a 36-point, 10-rebound, 14-assist performance against Idaho on March 22 and a 26-point, 10-rebound, 15-assist effort vs. Bakersfield on March 31. Eight times he scored 30 or more points, including a career-high 44 points on March 4 vs. Rio Grande. He had 21 point-assist double-doubles, including a 37-point, 22-assist game against Texas on March 6. Among D-League leaders, he ranked 11th in scoring, third in assists and second in steals per game. Undrafted, Stockton was selected by the Maine Red Claws in the third round of the 2014 NBA Development League Draft on November 1, 2014. He was later traded to the Reno Bighorns on draft night.

Like his father, Hall of Fame guard John Stockton, he played collegiately at Gonzaga (2010-11 – 2013-14).

Stockton will probably get plenty of opportunity to play in the Kings’ final three games of the year, and he’ll have a chance to earn a spot in the rotation next year after Summer League and training camp
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

15,805 more to go.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:20 am    Post subject:

There are no Malones in the league currently, but they should nab the first one they come across. Just so their announcer can say, "Stockton to Malone!"
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't exactly say multi year.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:56 pm    Post subject:

One of BSPN's channels recently had some HS tournament games with some of the top boys and girls teams in the US. I saw a girl named Stockton at the FT line and thought she had to be his daughter and then they immediately pan to Johnny sitting in the stands. I don't know how many kids he has, but they must be like the Waltons. It's a mandate that every one of them play the game.
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:59 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
There are no Malones in the league currently, but they should nab the first one they come across. Just so their announcer can say, "Stockton to Malone!"

This forum needs a rep button, asap!

Maybe they could get their ex coach in four a game or two?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
One of BSPN's channels recently had some HS tournament games with some of the top boys and girls teams in the US. I saw a girl named Stockton at the FT line and thought she had to be his daughter and then they immediately pan to Johnny sitting in the stands. I don't know how many kids he has, but they must be like the Waltons. It's a mandate that every one of them play the game.

John has 6 kids
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

John has 6 kids

So, 6 assists, huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: