It's Spending Time (Updated w/new Cap Projections)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:02 pm    Post subject:

AirShooter wrote:
But you're right about the Bird Rights. The Clippers can pay him more than the Lakers can. We just don't know if they want to.

If the Clippers need to value DJ right now, then the series against the Spurs is a good start... if he doesn't come through in the 4th with a good chance Pop pulls the hack-a-Jordan and that costs them the series then they are probably gonna let him walk or use him as a S&T to get a better SF.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

We may have this money but we better make smart decisions in its signings.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:
People have been putting down my Danny Green type 4years/48million dollar and Tyson Chandler 3years/36million contract proposals. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Honestly I was thinking Green at 4 yrs 36 million, but you could very well be right?

You want him at 9mil? 12 mil becomes comparable to 9mil after the cap raises
He would bring MUCH needed shooting, and they say he's a good defender. Great pick up

He's a fine player, but I can't see this management (cough cough Jeannie) team being content with just adding a "fine player". They want names, they want flash.

They went from 1990-1996 with no big names or flash. What they did was add talent and assets during that time. Don't think for once that Mitch isn't looking at that rebuild and planning how he can do something similar.

Magic was a big name, and he was pretty much in perpetual limbo that entire time. I believe their goal, at least for the beginning of that period, was to keep the engine warm until he returned.

Also, I think they tried to get some big names and just failed.

Magic didn't play due to HIV.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
scoobs wrote:
People have been putting down my Danny Green type 4years/48million dollar and Tyson Chandler 3years/36million contract proposals. You all should be ashamed of yourselves.

Honestly I was thinking Green at 4 yrs 36 million, but you could very well be right?

You want him at 9mil? 12 mil becomes comparable to 9mil after the cap raises
He would bring MUCH needed shooting, and they say he's a good defender. Great pick up

He's a fine player, but I can't see this management (cough cough Jeannie) team being content with just adding a "fine player". They want names, they want flash.

They went from 1990-1996 with no big names or flash. What they did was add talent and assets during that time. Don't think for once that Mitch isn't looking at that rebuild and planning how he can do something similar.

Magic was a big name, and he was pretty much in perpetual limbo that entire time. I believe their goal, at least for the beginning of that period, was to keep the engine warm until he returned.

Also, I think they tried to get some big names and just failed.

Magic didn't play due to HIV.

He tried to, or threatened to rather, did in the allstar game and olympics, and then officially did. He even said during his jersey retirement ceremony that they may have to take it down so he could play again. I give West credit for not entirely tearing his hair out during that time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: