Pelicans/ Davis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:38 am    Post subject:

I see where KIROE is coming from. Davis "lets the game come to him".

He doesn't try to create his own shot unless the shot clock is clicking down...and even then he still may kick it out to a teammate.

He dropped 30+ today on pick and pops, pick and rolls, offensive rebounds, and running the fastbreak. I don't remember many (if any) isolations with him.
He's only aggressive when his teammates set him up with a step or half step advantage on his man.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I see where KIROE is coming from. Davis "lets the game come to him".

He doesn't try to create his own shot unless the shot clock is clicking down...and even then he still may kick it out to a teammate.

He dropped 30+ today on pick and pops, pick and rolls, offensive rebounds, and running the fastbreak. I don't remember many (if any) isolations with him.
He's only aggressive when his teammates set him up with a step or half step advantage on his man.

Ya he gets the majority of his buckets set up for him , but that's due to his length and athleticism. But he's solid 1v1, with flashes of more moves. Right now mostly in 1v1 hes just a jab step jumper or simple triple threat drive. Those things are not THAT hard to gaurd, and I think that's a reason why he struggled in the first half today vs. GSW.. He couldnt get anything going 1v1 vs Draymond. Didn't give him any moves, just jab stepped/tried to pull up - Draymond played him tight. AD couldnt bring anything else out of the repertoire..
He's shown flashes of having more moves, a fadeaway or an off the dribble jumper. He'll get that fadeaway down, improve his dribble moves and be unstoppable in two years. For now he'll just put up 30 on accident some nights, and average 24 in the regular season. Tight playoff D is a different game tho
Frank The Tank
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
New Orleans is a great town for tourists, but otherwise it is a dump. The French Quarter is a lot of fun, but the rest of the town is sort of like a southern version of Detroit. The gap between rich and poor is about as great as you would find anywhere in the US. It's actually better after Katrina, because a lot of the riff raff left for other places, and a lot of the bad areas are getting redeveloped. Still, Baton Rouge has been exploding as a lot of people and businesses get out of New Orleans.

I don't know how NBA players perceive it, but the only NBA cities that would rank lower on my personal list are Detroit, Milwaukee, and maybe Salt Lake City.

Its ridiculous that the NBA didn't lift a finger to keep the Sonics in Seattle, but tried so hard to keep the Pelicans in New Orleans. It would have made so much more sense to have given Oklahoma the New Orleans basketball team instead of the Sonics.

With its population and economic base, NO is only large enough to support one or two sports- the Saints and LSU football. New Orleans is simply not a basketball town; they've had four or five professional basketball franchises there that folded or had to move.

The only reason the NBA tried so hard to keep basketball alive in New Orleans was cause of the collective white guilt for Katrina.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: