Clippers owner Steve Ballmer turns Laker locker room into private lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kermitwashington
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

I don't understand this...are there three locker rooms? Laker, clippers and visitors?
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

kermitwashington wrote:
I don't understand this...are there three locker rooms? Laker, clippers and visitors?

Staples has 12 locker rooms. The Lakers, Clippers, and Kings each have a dedicated locker room that no one but them uses. There is a separate locker room for visiting NBA teams.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:09 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
kermitwashington wrote:

Staples has 12 locker rooms. The Lakers, Clippers, and Kings each have a dedicated locker room that no one but them uses. There is a separate locker room for visiting NBA teams.

Until now.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:09 am    Post subject:

I just sorted out my own feelings on this. True Both are tenants paying for space in staples, what puzzles me is the public reaction of the Laker Front Office to all these Clipper infringements on my rights, that I paid for. Publicly the Laker Front office has given No reaction a all. The spot used to display our Championship banners... paid for. The Clippers had no right to cover them up, what wrong the Laker Front Office and Staples management to allow this to happen? Now Ballmer uses the Laker locker room as his personal, private Lounge? Talk about Bad neighbors being rewarded for bad behavior... this is it. This is watching your neighbor walk his dog over to your lawn... to do his business in you grass and you say nothing??? Just wave and smile. Jim, Jennie, Mitch you're not being punked any more, you're being made Steve B**ch.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

mde24 wrote:
I just sorted out my own feelings on this. True Both are tenants paying for space in staples, what puzzles me is the public reaction of the Laker Front Office to all these Clipper infringements on my rights, that I paid for. Publicly the Laker Front office has given No reaction a all. The spot used to display our Championship banners... paid for. The Clippers had no right to cover them up, what wrong the Laker Front Office and Staples management to allow this to happen? Now Ballmer uses the Laker locker room as his personal, private Lounge? Talk about Bad neighbors being rewarded for bad behavior... this is it. This is watching your neighbor walk his dog over to your lawn... to do his business in you grass and you say nothing??? Just wave and smile. Jim, Jennie, Mitch you're not being punked any more, you're being made Steve B**ch.

You're wrong about the banners: During the Clipper games, the Center belongs to them and they are not required to display the banners. And this doesn't bother me: I'm surprised the Clippers didn't do this years and years ago. Aside from Sterling being too cheap to cover them up, I can't imagine why a team would want another team's banners on display at their games.

I don't know what the deal is with the locker room legally, but Ballmer is obviously tweaking the Lakers nose.

Assuming the Clippers' lease agreement gives them the right to use the locker room (as it gives them the right to cover up the banner), I really don't know what kind of statement the Lakers could make that wouldn't make them look stupid.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
activeverb wrote:
kermitwashington wrote:

Until now.

I guess the Spurs are using the Kings locker room for their owner's lounge.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
mde24 wrote:

You're wrong about the banners: During the Clipper games, the Center belongs to them and they are not required to display the banners. And this doesn't bother me: I'm surprised the Clippers didn't do this years and years ago. Aside from Sterling being too cheap to cover them up, I can't imagine why a team would want another team's banners on display at their games.

I don't know what the deal is with the locker room legally, but Ballmer is obviously tweaking the Lakers nose.

Assuming the Clippers' lease agreement gives them the right to use the locker room (as it gives them the right to cover up the banner), I really don't know what kind of statement the Lakers could make that wouldn't make them look stupid.

It might be that Ballmer asked the lakers for use of the facility.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

When I read this thread, my first thought was that this was quite likely.
Ballmer is a business person and this is how business people act.

When Sterling was ousted, I lost all hatred for the Clippers. Now they don't particularly matter to me. Not a fan, but that's about as far as it goes.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:

Could be. Or Staples may simply clear the use of all the locker rooms during the playoffs as a matter of course.

Either way, I think it's a nothing event.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:33 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
24 wrote:

When I read this thread, my first thought was that this was quite likely.
Ballmer is a business person and this is how business people act.

When Sterling was ousted, I lost all hatred for the Clippers. Now they don't particularly matter to me. Not a fan, but that's about as far as it goes.

Yeah. Since Sterling left I don't hate the Clippers.

I think of them like any other NBA team.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Not clear in the article but i am assuming the Lakers gave the Billionaire idiot permission to do so. Why I have no clue.

Clippers are a classless organization having their moment in the sun. Going to be interesting to see how things turn out when the Clips lose some players, lose some sparkle and Ballmer gets bored with his new toy.

Funny how bush league they still are. From Griffins antics to Pauls flops and Barnes acting like a tough guy. It cracjked me up that Rivers had his starters in last night with a minute to go and a 16pt lead. Even though the Spurs had pulled their starters a couple minutes before.

Reminded me of how they did the same thing up by 30 against the Lakers. Starters still in and launching 3's for effect. Guess it is tough to overcome four decades of being the court jester of the league.

They did.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:10 pm    Post subject:

Lakers95 wrote:
Whatever. (bleep) him and his waste of 2 billion dollars. He's got roughly 3 games left in there anyway.

No
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject:

Since neither the Lakers or Clippers own the arena, they are basically at the mercy of AEG who actually own the facility. The Lakers paid more rent for better dates, while the Clippers got the leftover dates for cheaper rent. BTW, most NBA teams don't own their arenas, they prefer the city or some private arena operator deal with the hassle. I think only James Dolan owns his own arena, but then again, he has a cable empire in addition to a bunch of other properties.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Since neither the Lakers or Clippers own the arena, they are basically at the mercy of AEG who actually own the facility. The Lakers paid more rent for better dates, while the Clippers got the leftover dates for cheaper rent. BTW, most NBA teams don't own their arenas, they prefer the city or some private arena operator deal with the hassle. I think only James Dolan owns his own arena, but then again, he has a cable empire in addition to a bunch of other properties.

Lakers get a variety of perks seeing as how AEG owns about a third of the Lakers.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Clippers owner Steve Ballmer turns Laker locker room into private lounge

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
He just purchased the Clippers and I'm already tired of this clown! I am tired of the Clippers whole act from the covering of the banners to now this. If you don't like living in the Lakers shadow, get the hell out of Staples Center or better yet... GET THE HELL OUTTA LOS ANGELES!!!!

http://www.lakersnation.com/clippers-owner-steve-ballmer-turns-lakers-locker-room-into-private-lounge/2015/04/20/

LA is more than big enough to have 2 teams. There is no reason to feel threatened because little brother is trying to compete.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: