Police, Officials Resign After Small Missouri Town Elects First Black Female Mayor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Police, Officials Resign After Small Missouri Town Elects First Black Female Mayor

LINK

I hope the positions are quickly filled. Those who resigned may be bent on causing trouble. How many policeman are needed to patrol a city that's only 0.69 square miles in area?

What surprised me was the cities racial makeup
Quote:
The racial makeup of the city was 67.46% White, 29.45% Black or African American, 0.14% Native American, 0.56% Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.26% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 2.81% of the population.
LINK

Good luck Mayor Tyrus Byrd.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject:

I found the ex-cops thread!!!!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

I know nothing about the new mayor's track record (as a clerk). But I think it's shameful they resigned without giving her s chance.
Wouldn't be surprised if race was a factor.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

^^^^^ I think that's rather obvious.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject:

As I said in the other thread, I'm guessing this has as much to do with corruption between the Mayor (who has been around for 37 years) and that small P.D. as it does race. If there was corruption, I can see why they would all quit, having lost that political backing and hoping to avoid it coming to light.
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
As I said in the other thread, I'm guessing this has as much to do with corruption between the Mayor (who has been around for 37 years) and that small P.D. as it does race. If there was corruption, I can see why they would all quit, having lost that political backing and hoping to avoid it coming to light.

Whichever is the actual motivation, anyone who WOULD resign over this is someone you wouldn't want to be in that job.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Whichever is the actual motivation, anyone who WOULD resign over this is someone you wouldn't want to be in that job.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Agree completely.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Especially given the racial composition of the town. Looks like folks were just tired of something.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

Good riddance
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Missouri town elects first black mayor; 80% of the police, city attorney, water supervisor resign

LINK

Quote:
Born and raised in tiny Parma, Missouri, Tyrus Byrd, a Christian missionary and the city clerk of Parma, decided she wanted to give running for mayor a shot. She beat the incumbent mayor, a white man, by 37 votes. Before she could take office, police officers and city employees scrambled like roaches with the light flipped on:

Corruption seems very likely.

tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

Is it true that the hard drives were all wiped before she became mayor?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

Yes, LINK

Parma residents react to loss of police officers

Quote:
Mayor Tyrus Byrd began her first day in office with a clean slate. Literally.

Mayor Byrd said the resignation letters cannot be found and that the computers were cleared

Gives rise to suspicion of corruption. Like it said in one article, they scrambled like roaches when the light flipped on.

I know it's a reach but I hope some entity will investigate and invest in a computer forensics expert to find what they're trying to hide.

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject:

So they just advertised to the world that they have almost no Police presence? Haven't we been taught that means the criminals will flock there in droves to exploit the situation? Crime in Parma should explode by a few hundred percent if we are to believe that people are not capable of behaving well on their own. The caravans of criminals are likely inbound from Kansas City as we speak. </sarcasm off>
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:05 am    Post subject:

Parma is a beotch.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: