Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject:

My guess it will be a flop.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I was a little too old to care about this show when it was on. That whole friday night lineup was so cheeseball. I hated it all.

My 7 y/o daughter has started watching it on Nick at Nite so I'm actually watching it these days. I still hate it but it's pretty freaking wholesome. It's a safer show than Spongebob (which I loathe) and a lot of other shows.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
My guess it will be a flop.

Safest bet there is.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Full House worked back in the late 80's and 90's...I don't think it will work in today's TV environment. These types of shows nowadays are usually on Disney Channel, Nickelodeon or ABC Family.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Full House worked back in the late 80's and 90's...I don't think it will work in today's TV environment. These types of shows nowadays are usually on Disney Channel, Nickelodeon or ABC Family.

Even Disney shows are more risque than Full House was.
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Even Disney shows are more risque than Full House was.

Are you saying that Pretty Little Liars isn't wholesome?
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

http://tvline.com/2015/04/02/full-house-reunion-show-fuller-house-netflix-revival/

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE
Full House Reunion Series Fuller House Nears 13-Episode Netflix Order

Everywhere you look, everywhere you go, there’s a… classic TV series being reborn. And TVLine can exclusively confirm that the revival craze has extended to the Tanners of San Francisco.
According to sources, Netflix is thisclose to ordering Fuller House, a 13-episode multi-cam continuation of Full House to star Candace Cameron Bure as D.J. and Andrea Barber as her BFF Kimmy.

Full House vets John Stamos, Bob Saget and Dave Coulier are being eyed to make guest appearances, with Stamos having a producer role, as well. The project is being shepherded by the original show’s creator, Jeff Franklin, who will exec-produce alongside Thomas L. Miller and Robert L. Boyett (both of whom also EP’d the original).
Reps for Netflix and Warner Bros. declined to comment for this story.
Full House, which wrapped its eight-season ABC run in 1995, joins an exploding TV-revival trend that includes Coach (coming to NBC as early as this fall), The X-Files (returning to Fox next season), Twin Peaks (bowing hopefully on Showtime in 2016) and FH‘s TGIF successor Boy Meets World (currently airing on Disney Channel via Girl Meets World).
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

John Stamos made the Netflix show official and announced it on Jimmy Kimmel.

I'll definitely watch the 1 hour reunion episode. Not sure about the spinoff after that.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

THIS IS RADICAL DUDE!!!
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

Which Olsen twin gets to be in it?
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

I didn't even know they restarted Boy Meets World. They're more likely to ruin people's memories of 90s shows than anything else. Next up are remakes of Big Bad Beetleborgs and All-That.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:56 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
I didn't even know they restarted Boy Meets World. They're more likely to ruin people's memories of 90s shows than anything else. Next up are remakes of Big Bad Beetleborgs and All-That.

Its on ABC Family or Disney, I don't remember, one of those cable channels that doesn't get as many viewers as a free to air channel. If theres anything they did right about this, is that they are putting it on Netflix, so there is a large viewer base to potentially draw from.
g3rb3r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Highly doubt it'll be successful again.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/unauthorized-full-house-movie-coming-791804?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thr%2FConsumer+%28The+Hollywood+Reporter+-+Consumer%29

Quote:
Lifetime Making Unauthorized 'Full House' Tell-All Movie
Marking its follow-up to the 'Saved By the Bell' TV movie.

Marking its follow-up to the 'Saved By the Bell' TV movie.
Have Mercy! Lifetime has its follow-up to its Unauthorized Saved By the Bell TV movie: the network is now taking on Full House.

The female-skewing cable network has greenlit The Unauthorized Full House Story (working title), The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

In the same vein as its Saved By the Bell pic, Lifetime's Full House Story will look at the rise of the cast — including John Stamos, Bob Saget and the Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen — and explore the pressure they faced to balance idyllic family life on the show with the more complicated reality of their own lives outside the series. Additionally, it will look at the warm bond that grew between the cast as the show became one of America's most beloved family sitcoms.

Casting will begin immediately. An air date for the Full House tell-all has yet to be determined.

See more Broadcast TV's Returning Shows 2015-16

Ron McGee, who penned the Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story, will write the Full House take. The telepic will be produced by the Bell team of Front Street Pictures and Ringaling Productions, with Harvey Kahn and Stephen Bulka also on board to exec produce.

For Lifetime, the news comes after its two-hour Bell take fizzled on Labor Day 2014. Despite tons of build-up and excitement from diehard fans of the original comedy series, the Bell take drew only 1.6 million total viewers, with 1.1 million viewers among the 18-49 and 25-54 demographics. That pic was based on former star Dustin Diamond's Behind the Bell 2009 tell-all, with Dylan Everett starring as Mark-Paul Gosselaar and Sam Kindseth as Diamond.

Full House aired on ABC from 1987 to 1995. Netflix this month revived the beloved family comedy as Fuller House, with original stars Candace Cameron-Bure (D.J.), her on-screen sister, Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie), and best friend Andrea Barber (Kimmy), in a 13-episode follow-up series.

From its start as an unassuming family comedy in 1987 to its eventual wildly popular 192-episode run, Full House was "the little sitcom that could." It made huge stars of its cast — from Bob Saget and Dave Coulier, who were grinding away on the standup circuit, to John Stamos breaking hearts on General Hospital, and the Olsen twins.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

http://www.people.com/article/john-stamos-tried-to-get-mary-kate-olsen-ashley-olsen-fired-full-house

Quote:
John Stamos Admits He Wanted Olsen Twins Fired from Full House

In a preview from Lifetime's upcoming Unauthorized Full House Story, John Stamos is shown trying to give Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen the boot from Full House – but was the actor who played the twins' doting on-screen Uncle Jesse really capable of doing such a thing?

"It's sort of true that the Olsen twins cried a lot," Stamos told critics at the Television Critics Association's press tour Thursday in Beverly Hills. "It was very difficult to get the shot. So I [said], 'Get them out ... !' That is actually 100 percent accurate. They brought in a couple of unattractive redheaded kids. We tried that for a while and that didn't work. [Producers] were like, all right, get the Olsen twins back. And that's the story."

According to Entertainment Weekly, the 51-year-old actor revealed that he has shot two episodes of Netflix's Fuller House but did not get into any details.

Though the Olsen twins, 29, seem unlikely to participate in the revival, the idea is not completely out of the picture.

"The Olsen twins are teetering whether or not they'll be around," Ted Sarandos, head of content acquisition for Netflix, said last week at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: