Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:49 pm    Post subject:

lenouveau wrote:
To see Pau in green is unbearable

Sweet Jesus. Made me jump outta my chair.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Cute

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/24/pau-gasol-goes-on-sesame-street-to-explain-coaching-video/

Quote:
Pau Gasol goes on Sesame Street to explain coaching (VIDEO)

That video would be a lot funnier if Latrell Sprewell did it.

Or if Pau Gasol had to explain some of the language Tom Thibodeau uses if film sessions to describe the Bulls’ defense this season.

Still, there is something charming about the elder Gasol and Abby Cadabby talking about playing basketball. It all sounds so simple and pure at that level. It works for Gasol, arguably the nicest guy in the league.

After the taping, apparently the cast went out dancing.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Pau Gasol leads the NBA with 52 double-doubles. He is averaging 18.5 points, 11.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game at 34 years old. #Bulls

https://twitter.com/MikeAScotto/statuses/587284352343638018
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Pau Gasol leads the NBA with 52 double-doubles. He is averaging 18.5 points, 11.8 rebounds and 1.9 blocks per game at 34 years old. #Bulls

It's a testament to how skilled he is that he's still this effective. I've been watching Bulls games, and he's so much slower and more limited than his heyday with the Lakers.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

How about Gasol's 2014/2015? Pretty darn impressive and beyond what I expected.

Good job old man. You now have 18,000 points and some 9,200+ rebounds. Very likely you will hit 20K and 10K and being among about 20 in the history of the game to so achieve.

I'm thinking you are a Hall of Famer, without any Olympics consideration whatsoever.

It was nice while your were here. #16 should head upwards.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

It's a testament to how skilled he is that he's still this effective. I've been watching Bulls games, and he's so much slower and more limited than his heyday with the Lakers.

Congrats to "washed up" Pau.
Hope the Bulls win the chip this year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, Pau's been looking worn down the past few weeks. It kind of reminds me of the 2011 season: Pau spent most of the season dominating, and then started to slow down a little towards the end of the season before collapsing in the playoffs. His midrange shots that have been absolutely money for the majority of the season have started to fall short, just like they did that year. I hope I'm wrong and he keeps up his season play in the playoffs, but I'm worried the Bulls leaned on him too hard this season.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

Good job old man. You now have 18,000 points and some 9,200+ rebounds. Very likely you will hit 20K and 10K and being among about 20 in the history of the game to so achieve.

I'm thinking you are a Hall of Famer, without any Olympics consideration whatsoever.

Pau Gasol is nice
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject:

Imagine if Derek Rose had been healthy and 100% all season...
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:

I don´t have a clue how they reached 50 wins. I mean, the chemistry was never there, since Rose was never healthy (and what´s worse, he played horrible basketball when he was...), Noah is a shadow of himself (the knee doesn´t allow him to play defense or rebound, and he was never good on the offensive end...) , Butler is really great but lost many games, Gibson lost many games too...

All this says a lot about Pau´s season. No Pau, no playoffs this year for the Bulls. With him and an irregular roster, 50 wins...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

I don´t have a clue how they reached 50 wins. I mean, the chemistry was never there, since Rose was never healthy (and what´s worse, he played horrible basketball when he was...), Noah is a shadow of himself (the knee doesn´t allow him to play defense or rebound, and he was never good on the offensive end...) , Butler is really great but lost many games, Gibson lost many games too...

All this says a lot about Pau´s season. No Pau, no playoffs this year for the Bulls. With him and an irregular roster, 50 wins...

It shows how bad the East is when the Bulls get the #3 seed. In the West they would probably be at #8 behind Dallas, with a matchup against Golden State in the first round.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 3:44 am    Post subject:

Hobbled wheels and all, Gasol had some 900 rebounds, which I think was in the top 3 or 4 rebounders. (Jordan I think was first) Gasol isn't the most athletic player at his position, and he has a lot of miles, but he still did 200+ more rebounds than Bynum ever did in a season. You can say Odom stole a lot of Drew's boards, but AB rarely showed the hunger that Gasol shows even late in his career with what is best an average team this year.

Gasol got his rings with us with or without Bynum. Bynum without Gasol gets nada rings............just saying....
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Yet nobody's pushing the Spaniard into any of the MVP talks. The reason is as simple as "his scoring average is no good." How insightful.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:22 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

probably will retire 16. Lakers don't see three trips without him.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
vedanta wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Yet nobody's pushing the Spaniard into any of the MVP talks. The reason is as simple as "his scoring average is no good." How insightful.

I think he´ll make the All-NBA Third Team, which is awesome at his age.He really deserves it, because he outplayed many of the best defenders and stars at the C spot, and sustained the team by himself for long periods.

All these achievements at age 34 makes me think about a prime Pau (27/31, more or less...) in a team like these Bulls, where he hadn´t been outshined by a guy like Kobe and at the same time had some good players around him...He would be an absolute beast ...
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:24 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Hobbled wheels and all, Gasol had some 900 rebounds, which I think was in the top 3 or 4 rebounders. (Jordan I think was first) Gasol isn't the most athletic player at his position, and he has a lot of miles, but he still did 200+ more rebounds than Bynum ever did in a season. You can say Odom stole a lot of Drew's boards, but AB rarely showed the hunger that Gasol shows even late in his career with what is best an average team this year.

Gasol got his rings with us with or without Bynum. Bynum without Gasol gets nada rings............just saying....

Very misleading stat because Gasol played in 78 games this season and Bynum never played in more than 65 after 2007. I'm not saying you are wrong about Gasol. My point is Bynum was a better rebounder than that stat suggests.
lakersgirl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:15 am    Post subject:

Congrats to Pau for winning the Magic Johnson award!

Pau Gasol is nice
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Gasol tidbits:

Pau is leading the league in DRtg in the playoffs thus far at 89.17 and defensive Win Shares with .74.

Pau has a WS/48 of .2335, his highest ever for a playoff season or regular season.

I'm guesin' he is indeed coachable.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 1:42 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Gasol tidbits:

Pau is leading the league in DRtg in the playoffs thus far at 89.17 and defensive Win Shares with .74.

Pau has a WS/48 of .2335, his highest ever for a playoff season or regular season.

Gasol was always a team player.

Never heard otherwise.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Gasol tidbits:

Not bad for the fourth best big of that Bulls' team, eh?
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

I remain unconvinced that the Bulls have what it takes to win the championship this season (though Game 1 was obviously a big step in the right direction), but I'm very happy that Pau is enjoying such success in Chicago ... I certainly wish it could have worked out for him to conclude his career here with the Lakers, but it's nice to see his talents being showcased in the playoffs once again. A really unique talent and a winner ...

If the Bulls make it happen, it's going to have to be on Pau and Jimmy Butler ...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:20 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Gasol tidbits:

Not bad for the fourth best big of that Bulls' team, eh?

Truly ridiculous what lengths some go to put down Pau.
He's been a great player and a great guy for many teams. Now Chicago is lucky to have him. We were too the years we got the best Pau.

Always wish him the best, and glad to see he isn't breaking down like many predicted.

And (bleep) MDA
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 5:31 am    Post subject:

Very happy for him in Chicago. Wish he didn't give up on the team the last 2 years (though the team perpetually had him hanging on the trade block).

Just another casualty of the CP3 failed trade. I hate seeing the terrible fruits borne of that incident shoved in our face during this playoffs.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

I blame MDA for Chicago being rewarded with Pau. But he's not alone. The front office hired MDA. They empowered him. And Pau's name came up in trade rumors year after year. Also the fans who (bleep) and moaned about him, even when he averaged a near triple double last season, get a sliver of blame as well.

As soon as he went to Chicago, I predicted their success. In the "who's the best at what" thread I was the only person to say Chicago had the best roster (when healthy).

Pau's the best playmaking big man in the conference (and maybe the league), and it wouldn't have mattered if Love played. Chicago won the east the day they assembled their roster to start this season.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject:

^ Sure, there's blame to go around. But there's a reason why lots of us were clamoring for him to be traded post CP3 (we potentially could have had Dragic/KMartin/Scola for him post-CP3). He mailed it in, the talent was undeniable, but it was clear he wouldn't be the same.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 25 of 28
Jump to: