AVENGERS 2: Age of Ultron (5/1/15) - FINAL TRAILER... (p.19)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Ughhh, I couldn't wait that long, lol. And yes, I will definitely post my thoughts on the movie probably both spoiler free and then with spoilers afterwards.

Hopefully you can at least go to a theater with reserved seating so you dont have to wait in line for an hour plus to get a decent seat with the weekend crowds.

Rave 18, or Cinemark 18, now used to be a good place to get reserved seating for a true IMAX experience. Wish Irvine Spectrum would follow suit.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

^ Now that it's Cinemark it's not longer true IMAX, it's XD; Cinemarks lame IMAX wannabe. I dont get why they changed it. That theater was absolutely perfect. I saw Jurassic Park IMAX 3D there and felt like I was AT JURASSIC PARK. Best movie experience ever. I think the first movie I saw when they changed it was Godzilla and it was lame. Similar to AMC IMAX.

For anyone that's been to the Hollywood Arclight, how is the Dome as far as screen size?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
^ Now that it's Cinemark it's not longer true IMAX, it's XD; Cinemarks lame IMAX wannabe. I dont get why they changed it. That theater was absolutely perfect. I saw Jurassic Park IMAX 3D there and felt like I was AT JURASSIC PARK. Best movie experience ever. I think the first movie I saw when they changed it was Godzilla and it was lame. Similar to AMC IMAX.

For anyone that's been to the Hollywood Arclight, how is the Dome as far as screen size?

Yep. Hopefully they lost enough business to drop their little spat with IMAX and restore a good theater to it's rightful place.

As for Arclight (32x86 feet), it's bigger than AMC IMAX (28x58) but not as good as true IMAX (Lincoln Square - 76x97, Irvine - 65x90).

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject:

I feel silly admitting this, being a pretty big movie geek, but I have never seen a film in IMAX. What am I missing out on? Will it be something my kids can appreciate ? (they are 7 and 10) or is it not something they'd be able to notice?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm    Post subject:

hope they have it come out in 3D IMAX. That would be epic.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:28 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I feel silly admitting this, being a pretty big movie geek, but I have never seen a film in IMAX. What am I missing out on? Will it be something my kids can appreciate ? (they are 7 and 10) or is it not something they'd be able to notice?

A lot. I saw an IMAX documentary when I was 6. Movies have never been the same since.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:29 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Watched The Dark Knight Rises on a real IMAX screen at the Irvine Spectrum....all I can say you are missing out on the experience if you watch it on one of those crappy IMAX lite screens which seem to pop up in every town now if they shot most of the scenes using an IMAX camera.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:33 pm    Post subject:

I believe the wife and I watched Avatar in 3D and it may have been IMAX. Not sure if that was even an option then. But I do recall having to wear glasses and the experience wasn't all that great. I kept having to close my eyes for a bit throughout the movie and felt a bit dizzy afterwards. That kind of turned me off to watching movies in anything other than standard format.

You CAN watch in IMAX without it being in 3D though, right?? God, I sound like such a noob.

My son will not keep the damn glasses on for more than 5 minutes. Even at Disneyland or Universal Studios he won't watch any movie or show with the glasses on.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
I believe the wife and I watched Avatar in 3D and it may have been IMAX. Not sure if that was even an option then. But I do recall having to wear glasses and the experience wasn't all that great. I kept having to close my eyes for a bit throughout the movie and felt a bit dizzy afterwards. That kind of turned me off to watching movies in anything other than standard format.

You CAN watch in IMAX without it being in 3D though, right?? God, I sound like such a noob.

My son will not keep the damn glasses on for more than 5 minutes. Even at Disneyland or Universal Studios he won't watch with the glasses on.

That was the movie rather than the tech. For me, the 3D effect pretty much goes away by the 20 minute mark.

Basically, Christopher Nolan films since Dark Knight feature gorgeous IMAX images without the need for 3D. Most of the true IMAX theaters are tied to museums and they may or may not have documentaries sans 3D.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
22 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
I think smartest thing to do now is just introduce new Heroes in Avenger movies then do a spinoff from there is character seems popular enough, since all the current actors will be too old or bored playing same characters I am sure after the Infinity Wars there will be a new team of Avengers featuring the characters from movies already announced

Yup. Best way to do it. Netflix and TV are also two avenues where they can introduce new heroes

where I think DC is missing it by not using its great TV shows and incorporating them characters in their movies

exactly. People are loving Flash and Arrow, why not include them in the movie continuity?

I watch neither. Imho they have that low quality TV production value that makes them feel cheap/cheesy. Same with Agents of shield. Hoping Nexflix can nail Daredevil but don't really have my hopes up.

They nailed it I wasnt sure with Vincent D'Onofrio as Kingpin but man he really nails that character I hope the plan at Marvel is to include Daredevil in future Avenger movies because it would be a great fit
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:58 am    Post subject:

Going to a screening tonight. I think I've managed my expectations well. Will post a review later.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Clark Kent wrote:
Going to a screening tonight. I think I've managed my expectations well. Will post a review later.

Wow, nice! Looking forward to your review, CK.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

I am so envious of you right now, CK.
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject:

^ thanks. But it also means I'm going to have to wait a little longer for the next installment to come
Clark Kent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:25 am    Post subject:

Non-Spoiler REVIEW:

Yes, this is a comic book geek's action movie. It's huge!

Note: Age of Ultron is different from the 1st Avengers film in tone and mood. There's still a lot of the quintessential Marvel jokes and Joss Whedon lines but it's much darker and serious, a mix between Avengers and Captain America Winter Soldier.

Action - HUGE! That shot in the trailer of the team jumping in the snow is just the icing. There are lots more shots almost straight from the comic books. Hulk vs Hulkbuster battle is huge! Oh and Vision...

Cast - The main heroes all pretty much get almost equal amounts of screen time. Back to the comic book thing, it feels like a George Pereze run on the Avengers. He was an artist that liked to draw 10 characters in a single splash page. There's a lot of characters in this movie, but I think they juggled them well. Again, a comic book geek's dream.

Ultron - "He" took me by surprise at first because he has a personality, started out like a child and maturing throughout the movie. A little snarky but I enjoyed the banters he has with Stark. Probably second best villain behind Loki.

Minor issues - could've been longer. 2 and half hours is long but could've used an extra 5 mins in the beginning to explain some stuff. There's also a particular scene with Thor that felt out of place, could've either made it longer or just release it as an extended cut. Lots of stuff going on. This movie smacks you as soon as it starts and makes sure you don't blink.

Character development isn't as deep but expected since the 1st film took care of that.

I give Marvel credit for making this film a "realistic" kind of superhero story. They can't save everyone. But what makes them real heroes is that they never stop trying. Saving people comes first before the fight.

WARNING: Vague Spoiler
Quote:
Something happens to an important character. The scene was well done and within the context for the story to move forward. But it really bothered me. Was hoping more for this character in Phase 3. Hoping there's still a chance somehow. Doctor Strange maybe?

I also give them credit for making their movies close ended. Ending left me wanting more but it doesn't leave you hanging like Hunger Games where it forces you to watch the sequel. Although the mid-credit scene does give a huge tease.

Overall enjoyed the film! Probably enjoyed the 1st film a tad more since it had a more fun tone, and nothing can replicate that feeling of seeing them all assembled for the first time which isn't fair for this film. Since I gave that movie a 9, Age of Ultron is about an 8.5 for me. My other 2 non-comic book friends actually preferred Age of Ultron more than the first so it's really a preference.

Will definitely check it out again at least 1-2 more times. Might go back and rate it higher. I'll try and see it in 3D this time since there were quite a few aerial fight scenes that you can tell was meant for 3D.

Next up, July... Ant-Man which will be the prologue to Civil War, can't wait!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Awesome! Sounds pretty much like what I've been expecting. Thank you for the spoiler free review. 1 more week, I can't wait.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:56 am    Post subject:

83% on RT!! Can't wait.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:06 pm    Post subject:

So the movie is leaking online since it's out in Europe. It's gonna be hard to wait until Thursday to watch it lol.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:43 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
So the movie is leaking online since it's out in Europe. It's gonna be hard to wait until Thursday to watch it lol.

I gave in and watched about 5 minutes and turned it off. The action was pretty crazy and the awful quality was NOT doing the movie any justice. I'll wait.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:25 pm    Post subject:

This opening internationally first crap is pissing me off.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Platnum, that helps me refrain from watching it. And I agree rwongega, I hate it. Makes it that much harder to avoid spoilers.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Thanks Platnum, that helps me refrain from watching it. And I agree rwongega, I hate it. Makes it that much harder to avoid spoilers.

Gonna be a loooong week....

Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

A lot. I saw an IMAX documentary when I was 6. Movies have never been the same since.

Return of the King in IMAX....ughghh
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Wait so this released everywhere else on 4/22? Movie studios are really pushing it with the delayed crap. Half the people I know already pirated it due to hype, some decent quality streams out there if you know where to look.

Of course people will still want to see it with friends...I coughed up money for two separate tickets over the summer of 2012.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Wait so this released everywhere else on 4/22? Movie studios are really pushing it with the delayed crap. Half the people I know already pirated it due to hype, some decent quality streams out there if you know where to look.

Of course people will still want to see it with friends...I coughed up money for two separate tickets over the summer of 2012.

Yep. We don't see it for another week or so.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next
Page 20 of 24
Jump to: