Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
In_your_Eye
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
In_your_Eye wrote:
So good to see chavez worked. I hope he gets his rematch and gets ktfo. I thought Matthysse won but a big disservice was done by his corner telling him he was ahead big. Provo is a bad man but he's just too easily out boxed, very good fight, gotta love and respect both guys.

I though Provo really held his own and Matthysse benefitted from Provo's eye turning vampire and drinking all that blood. He was getting caught early but I think Provo could have pulled that out without the cut. Matthysse had to change his whole game plan because he never backs up and Provo made him box.

Ruslan can damn sure take em. Would have been interesting without the head bunt and Lucas hurt hand but I still gave Lucas more rounds as I personally feel some rounds given to Ruslan were due to a single hard shot at the end of the round after a whole round of good combinations by Lucas. All in all if you dare to stand toe toe with Provo, you better have your (bleep) strapped on tight. Lucas figured that out by round 4.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:
Both made weight! Really looking forward to this one:

http://www.boxingscene.com/weights-from-verona-matthysse-139-provodnikov-1395--89880

Was supposed to go out tomorrow but the old lady cancelled the plans. Saying she's not missing this fight. Lol.

dough, that's awesome...it's an addiction. Once people who are boxing fans start informing people who are casual fans and exposing them to all the entertaining boxers there are...can't wait for the next "great" battle.

And I must say, the fight totally lived up to the hype. I had a draw, but I was completely fine with Matthyse getting the decision. I'd love to see a rematch. And so far, that fight is FOTY for me.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Crawford looked nice

I'm lovin' Terrence more and more as his career continues. Although, when he's in the early rounds, trying to figure out his opponent, I'd say that's the only thing that he could improve on, but overall the kid has some mad skills. Not the fastest guy, but such a pleasure to watch, once he gets to work.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:43 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Nissan wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
Three good scores.

A lotta people had it at 114-114 or 115-113. Only thing that sucks about the fight was that early cut. I think hat probably makes a huge difference in the bout. Lucas was wearing down late.

The score cards were good for this fight so people can't complain about who won or the score cards.

I want to see Lucas rematch Danny at 140 in the fall.

Just can't see it happening. Matthysse is probably gonna try 147 but he's built for 140. Had no problem making weight. So he's probably gonna stay and try 47 only if the right fight happens. Garcia is headed to 147. Hopefully they meet at 47. Matthysse had him until the eye slammed shut.

I think the score cards were good for sure. Could have gone either way and very very close fight. By no means a robbery.

I'd love to see a Garcia vs. Matthysse rematch at 147, but not sure that'll happen. Garcia will probably pick another Sulka type candidate for his 1st fight at the new weight...lol.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Fonfara putting it on jr

Dude is done. In a (bleep) up situation. Trying to fight in the same weight classes as Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson and Froch while carrying the name of a legendary fighter. Fonfara is no joke. Gave Stevenson trouble. Dude is really gonna hafta figure it what's best. Let's see if Haymon can work his magic.

Nowhere near the work ethic his Dad had as a fighter, and he's losing the heart that people started loving and giving him props for. LOL...he even had the audacity for ask for a rematch at 170? And he thought he was winning the fight? Seriously?

175 is too much for JCC Jr. This is the first time he's ever looked much smaller than his opponent and Fonfara is more lanky at the weight. If Jr. can't make 168, he should just quit boxing already, like he quit on his stool. Very disappointing to see him go out like that.

Fonfara is definitely for real. At first, I thought the Stevenson fight, where he gave him some trouble was just Stevenson underestimating him...but I think he really proved his boxing skills in this one. Beautiful display of boxing.

How funny would that be if Fonfara ends up rematching Stevenson, and Fonfara comes out the winner and goes on to a big payday fight with Kovalev! I would LMAO if that happened.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Amir Imam showed how important a jab can be. He was nice last night. Plenty of salty Mexicans at the Hub last night.

Amir has always had a good foundation, being Nazim's nephew, but I'm still seeing the same flaws that I saw early on. He has a tendency to reach too much with that jab. He can't afford to do that against the top guys, cuz they would easily take advantage. I'm very curious to see how his development goes.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Arum and De La Hoya are going on the attack for Al Haymon

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing/oscar-de-la-hoya-blames-al-haymon-for-mayweather-pacquiao-ticket-snafu-180817314.html

They don't want him taking over.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering what happened and why we hadn't seen Walters. I didn't realize he pulled out of his March fight cuz of illness, so hopefully he comes back strong. Kid is a beast and I think we could eventually see a super fight with he and Lomachenko.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/post/_/id/12674/nicholas-walters-due-to-return-in-june

kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
Fonfara putting it on jr

Dude is done. In a (bleep) up situation. Trying to fight in the same weight classes as Ward, Kovalev, Stevenson and Froch while carrying the name of a legendary fighter. Fonfara is no joke. Gave Stevenson trouble. Dude is really gonna hafta figure it what's best. Let's see if Haymon can work his magic.

I dont know wtf Chavez Jr was doing in that fight, it was not boxing. I didnt see anything that resembled boxing from him. he jsut had his hands down and his face stickign forward and was not even throwing punches. No nothing. Fonfara is a godo boxing he's quick and solid punches. Dude was jsut phyiscally bigger. looked like oscar when he was trying to fight hopkins. lol
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject:

Boxing Schedule for this weekend:

http://fightnights.com/boxing-schedule

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/schedule

Don't forget the card tomorrow night. PBC. It's Andre Dirrell and Danny Jacobs as co-main events.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Anyone one know why Kirkland let Anne Wolfe go? He doesn't seem to be the same fighter without her.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Been trying to watch a little boxing, Muay Thai and MMA lately. I know that MMA is more dangerous. But Boxing and MT are just more beautiful and in MT's case, brutal to watch.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Don't forget the card tomorrow night. PBC. It's Andre Dirrell and Danny Jacobs as co-main events.

Think Jack did more than enough to win and Dirrell did just enough to get a draw.

Klitshcko-Jennings fight was kinda boring. Jennings just had a hard time getting in the mix.

On a better note, look for your boy at the GGG-Monroe fight seated next to the fighter entrance.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject:

this is cool. Especially Dirrell and Jacobs story.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:41 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Anyone one know why Kirkland let Anne Wolfe go? He doesn't seem to be the same fighter without her.

There was an interview I caught somewhere on Youtube, where it was mentioned that he felt Anne Wolfe was a great strength and conditioning coach, but he wanted to expand his skills as a boxer.

All I know is, the one time he thought the same thing, he got KTFO in 1 round against Ishida. So, hope it doesn't bite him in the butt. We'll see.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Laker_Dynasty wrote:

Think Jack did more than enough to win and Dirrell did just enough to get a draw.

Klitshcko-Jennings fight was kinda boring. Jennings just had a hard time getting in the mix.

On a better note, look for your boy at the GGG-Monroe fight seated next to the fighter entrance.

Yeah, I was really surprised. Jack's chin is crazy suspect, but Anthony just couldn't get him. Very close fight. I was fine with the decision. Also could've been a draw.

Jennings was trying his best. Had some success. Showed much better chin than I thought he had. Klitschko still boring to watch.

Nice, dough! Will keep an eye out for you. Should be an entertaining scrap to watch live.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Merchant thinks that Crawford is the heir to the throne, when Manny and Floyd hang them up

http://www.boxingscene.com/merchant-crawford-even-money-against-floyd-manny--90366

I like Terence a lot and would love to see him clean up Jr. Welterweight. Heck, I'd love to see him fight Danny Garcia! That'd be an entertaining fight for sure. He said that he's sticking at 140 for now, but eventually sees himself moving up to 147.

Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Crawford is fun to watch.. I'd love to see him take Garcia apart.
He takes a little too much punishment.. hopefully he can lock that down.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Felix Trinidad was my favorite fighter. One of the most talented and hardest hitting boxers ever.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Felix Trinidad was my favorite fighter. One of the most talented and hardest hitting boxers ever.

Tito was nice. Great fighter. Too bad that most people think about his gift win vs. Dela Hoya and stoppage from Hopkins.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:02 am    Post subject:

yeah.. whenever I think about Felix.. I think about Bernard.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Tito was nice. Great fighter. Too bad that most people think about his gift win vs. Dela Hoya and stoppage from Hopkins.

Tito was definitely a great fighter. I thought it was a big mistake going up against B-Hop. Never saw Tito having middleweight size. Then again, I felt the same way about Cotto, but luckily Sergio's knees kinda helped him.

Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Aside from Saturday, remember that Boxing starts tomorrow night!

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Who's going to have the rights to the PacMan, MoneyMay rerun?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Who's going to have the rights to the PacMan, MoneyMay rerun?

That's a good question. I"m not sure that was ever addressed.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 366, 367, 368 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 367 of 514
Jump to: