Man arrested after fight over who's better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject: Man arrested after fight over who's better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

This is almost as bad as the time a brawl broke out in a Kindergarten graduation over disparaging comments about the Lakers via Facebook.

*shakes head*

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/man-arrested-after-fight-over-who-is-better-michael-jordan-or-lebron-james/

Quote:
Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

Some people take the whole Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate way, way too seriously. (If you don’t believe me, check out the comments on this post after it’s been up for 24 hours.)

Daniel Mondelice is apparently one of those people. From the Associated Press:

Police say an argument over whether Michael Jordan or LeBron James is a better basketball player ended in a Pennsylvania man’s arrest on aggravated assault and other charges.

The Centre Daily Times reports that 22-year-old Daniel Mondelice was first arrested early Saturday after fighting with another man over whether Air Jordan or King James reigns supreme.

It wasn’t clear which player Mondelice backed.

Mondelice was released on bond. However, he went to a woman’s home in the State College area (where the arrest took place), while there became argumentative and the police had to be called again. He was taken into custody at that home and spent the rest of the weekend in jail, according to the report.

I could try to use logic and suggest that discussing the complete (and mythologized) legacy of Jordan with the incomplete — he’s still in his prime with chapters to be written — legacy of James is a fool’s errand. We don’t know what we will think of LeBron in a decade. But Mr. Mondelice — and many commenters on this post, no doubt — are not swayed by logic. Or the idea of patience. Their opinions are set and the world will conform to them. That always works out well.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

Jordan or LeBron

Apple vs Android

People are gone crazy
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Jordan vs LeBron? Is this even a discussion?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject:

Which one of the two is the idiot?
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Wasn't there a crazed fan that drove hours to pick a fight over something that was said on twitter?
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully the ESPN-brainwashed moron got the brunt of the beating.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I saw it discussed when Lebron only had 1 ring. Athletes tend to get better over time so it's not such a surprise that the best player today would be in the discussion of GOAT.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Re: Man arrested after fight over who's better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

Basketball Fan wrote:
This is almost as bad as the time a brawl broke out in a Kindergarten graduation over disparaging comments about the Lakers via Facebook.

*shakes head*

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/04/20/man-arrested-after-fight-over-who-is-better-michael-jordan-or-lebron-james/

Quote:
Man arrested after fight over who is better, Michael Jordan or LeBron James

Some people take the whole Michael Jordan vs. LeBron James debate way, way too seriously. (If you don’t believe me, check out the comments on this post after it’s been up for 24 hours.)

Daniel Mondelice is apparently one of those people. From the Associated Press:

Police say an argument over whether Michael Jordan or LeBron James is a better basketball player ended in a Pennsylvania man’s arrest on aggravated assault and other charges.

The Centre Daily Times reports that 22-year-old Daniel Mondelice was first arrested early Saturday after fighting with another man over whether Air Jordan or King James reigns supreme.

It wasn’t clear which player Mondelice backed.

Mondelice was released on bond. However, he went to a woman’s home in the State College area (where the arrest took place), while there became argumentative and the police had to be called again. He was taken into custody at that home and spent the rest of the weekend in jail, according to the report.

I could try to use logic and suggest that discussing the complete (and mythologized) legacy of Jordan with the incomplete — he’s still in his prime with chapters to be written — legacy of James is a fool’s errand. We don’t know what we will think of LeBron in a decade. But Mr. Mondelice — and many commenters on this post, no doubt — are not swayed by logic. Or the idea of patience. Their opinions are set and the world will conform to them. That always works out well.

Cal State Temecula?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 6:15 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

I saw it discussed when Lebron only had 1 ring. Athletes tend to get better over time so it's not such a surprise that the best player today would be in the discussion of GOAT.

Compared to their respective contemporaries, though, Jordan's 6 rings speaks volumes over Lebron only able to achieve 2. He dominated his era more than Lebron has done his.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:48 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Compared to their respective contemporaries, though, Jordan's 6 rings speaks volumes over Lebron only able to achieve 2. He dominated his era more than Lebron has done his.

The rings argument is extremely weak. It's a team accomplishment. For a good portion of LeBron's career, guys like Mo Williams were the 2nd best player on the team.
da.gawd.
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:25 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

The rings argument is extremely weak. It's a team accomplishment. For a good portion of LeBron's career, guys like Mo Williams were the 2nd best player on the team.

GoldenThroat> vanexelent
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

So, who won?
Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject:

I'm guessing the 22 year old was the LeBron supporter.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:48 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Well if you believe the hype about Cleveland, Lebron isn't done yet.

I think the rings show the dominance of the Bulls, and not just MJ. He needed Pippen, Rodman, Grant, Phil, and solid, smart unselfish role players who were clutch and really wanted to win. Guys like Paxson and Kerr hit shots to win the Finals in 93 and 97. It also helped when Karl Malone would choke in the biggest moments.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
danzag wrote:

For the last 5 seasons he's played with no fewer than 2 other All-Stars and likely will for the remainder of his prime. If he fails to dominate his peers with a stacked team, then he's not as good, imo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:47 am    Post subject:

Kobe fans requesting to intervene in the fight as a 3rd party.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:20 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Amicus Kobe
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:29 am    Post subject:

Fighting is such an unproductive activity in most cases. It took me years and years to realize it, some people never do.
Kobe>Lebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:41 pm    Post subject:

That Lebron supporter must have been 12
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:52 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Fighting in Temecula is such an unproductive activity in most cases. It took me years and years to realize it, some people never do.

Fixed.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:23 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Amicus Kobe

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: