Could Lakers have interest in Embiid?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:33 am    Post subject: Could Lakers have interest in Embiid?

I know they were connected to him in last year's draft. I don't want to sound like I am over valuing our players but i wonder if a trade like this would be feasible:

Lakers get: Embiid and the 3rd pick

Sixers get: Randle, Clarkson, 27th pick and 34th pick

Why for Lakers?
They make room for Kevin Love by trading Randle. Embiid fills the role of rim protector, which we desperately need. We use the third pick on Russell, who is more of a pure point guard then Clarkson and spaces the floor better. The 4th pick would be used on a defensive small forward like Winslow. We end up with two potential all nba defense players in Embiid and Winslow.

PF-LOVE
SF-WINSLOW
C-Embiid
PG-RUSSELL
SG-BRYANT

Why for Sixers?
They have a log jam at center with Noel/Embiid. They could go with Noel at the 4 but the twin towers method is not really that effective in the nba any more supposedly so maybe they want more of a mobile PF. They may determine that Randle is better then any PF in thus years draft. Clarkson is a PG that has proven this season that he belongs. They also get the 27th and 34th picks, which they could use to ad something like an insurance back up PG like Jerian Grant and a back up center like Upshaw.
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

The only way I see it is:

Philly get draft pick 1 or 2 in lottery

and Lakers get draft pick 3-5 in lottery.

Lakers trade 3-5 pick straight up for Embiid.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfield wrote:
The only way I see it is:

Philly get draft pick 1 or 2 in lottery

and Lakers get draft pick 3-5 in lottery.

Lakers trade 3-5 pick straight up for Embiid.

This is also the way i see it. I will trade the pick but will not include Randle or Clarkson. Philly might use their pick to get okafor or towns and then get Russell or mudiay with our pick.
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject:

If the Lakers get above Philly in the lotto it'd be interesting to see if they could get their first back. Something like #3 and Houston and 2nd for embiid and our pick back would be nice

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject:

I think Philly's bigs right now are better than either top 2 big in the draft.

Philly spent all these years tanking to get Noel and Embiid. I think they won't trade Embiid till they've seen the two of them together (and presumably don't like what they see).
Troblin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject:

Embiid would go #1 over both Okafor and Towns IMO
a2j1m
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid is the next Oden
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject:

a2j1m wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised if Embiid is the next Oden

This...
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

Only way I see this happening is if Philly gets the 1-2 pick and draft either Okafor or Towns and we get the 3rd!! The trade would be something like a 3 team trade! We trade our 3rd to Philly and remove our protection from next year's pick, trade Randle to Detroit for their pick, and detroit sends their pick to Philly, so Philly would receive the 3rd and the 8th pick plus we remove our protection, we recieve Embiid!!. And Detroit receives Randle
Bigdaddy
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: If we get the first pick

Please listen first. If Lakers get the first pick, trade the 1st pick, Jordan Hill and the 27th pic to Philly for Embid and the 3rd pick.

Next we trade the 3rd pick and Nick Young to the Bucks for Anteokopko, Michael Carter Williams and the 11th pick. With the 11th pick we select Willie Cauley Stein.

By trading Young and Hill we more cap room to sign Kevin Love and Tobias Harris(cheaper than max player, young and athletic)

Line up
Embid Willie Stein
Love Randle
Antepokpdep. Tobias Harris
MCW. Clarkston
Kobe. Wayne Ellington
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject:

Willie Cauley-Stein is not going to be available at 11
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Re: If we get the first pick

Bigdaddy wrote:
Please listen first. If Lakers get the first pick, trade the 1st pick, Jordan Hill and the 27th pic to Philly for Embid and the 3rd pick.

Next we trade the 3rd pick and Nick Young to the Bucks for Anteokopko, Michael Carter Williams and the 11th pick. With the 11th pick we select Willie Cauley Stein.

By trading Young and Hill we more cap room to sign Kevin Love and Tobias Harris(cheaper than max player, young and athletic)

Line up
Embid Willie Stein
Love Randle
MCW. Clarkston
Kobe. Wayne Ellington

Haha they're not trading Embiid for the 1st pick Haha much less add their, 3rd pick
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject: Re: If we get the first pick

Bigdaddy wrote:

Line up
Embid Willie Stein
Love Randle
MCW. Clarkston
Kobe. Wayne Ellington

1. No way does Philly trade Embiid and the 3rd for the 1st. I doubt if they trade Embiid straight up for the #1.

2. Most people project Stein will go between the 4-7 pick; no way is he around at the 11th.

3. Harris is restricted, and he's going to cost at least $13 million. You don't sign him for that money to be a backup.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: