Who's your NBA MVP"
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's your NBA MVP?
LeBron James
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
James Harden
17%
 17%  [ 18 ]
Stephen Curry
65%
 65%  [ 67 ]
Russell Westbrook
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
Other (name)
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 102

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:35 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Curry should get it.
Best player on best team. That's how its been decided in the past.

The MVP goes to the best player on the best team about half the time. It's not a rubber stamp; just one factor in the mix.
g3rb3r
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject:

I think this is going to be Steph Curry's year. Dude has really stepped it up and become unstoppable.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Wow, Steph Curry made me a believer today. Down double digits til late in the 4th, carried his team to OT and finishing off with a win. Kobesque.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Down 20, clutch 3 for OT, clutch FTs for the win. 40 pt game. What a night for Curry
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I had a bet with my buddy. He kept texting me saying he won when they were down 20 in the fourth. I kept telling him 20 points is not a safe lead in the NBA. When Curry hit that prayer 3 pointer to send the game into overtime I bet his booty puckered.

MVP's are supposed to be chosen before the playoffs. I think some wait until the playoffs to decide. If so this game should seal it for Steph.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:52 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
MVP's are supposed to be chosen before the playoffs. I think some wait until the playoffs to decide. If so this game should seal it for Steph.

Their ballots have to be turned in before the playoffs start. If someone turned in a ballot after the playoffs started, it wouldn't be counted.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Their ballots have to be turned in before the playoffs start. If someone turned in a ballot after the playoffs started, it wouldn't be counted.

Thanks. When is the announcement?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Thanks. When is the announcement?

Consistently during one of early home games in round 2.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Even though Harden had 42 tonight, in regulation (Steph's 40 was in OT), on better shooting?

nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Just imagine the fireworks if Curry gets the most first place votes, but ends up with the same fate of Draymond Green.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Just imagine the fireworks if Curry gets the most first place votes, but ends up with the same fate of Draymond Green.

It's happened before (when Magic won but Barkley got more first place votes). No matter who wins there are going to be some fireworks. But I think most people are expecting the balloting to be close, so it won't be surprising if Curry or Harden win in a close one.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject:

IMO Steph locked up the MVP with his performance in the Pelicans game. Down twenty at the half, falling out of bounds to send the game into OT, going off in OT, LOCKED

activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO Steph locked up the MVP with his performance in the Pelicans game. Down twenty at the half, falling out of bounds to send the game into OT, going off in OT, LOCKED

Um, you do realize that the MVP was decided before that game was even played?
Voices
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Curry, no question has had a great year. The Beard has had a great year, and LJ has had a great year. I leave out Westbrook only because his team missed the playoffs. LJ won it before which hurts his chances, it's not right but it's just the way it is

So who deserves it most, it's a tie between The Beard and Curry, but Curry will win it because I believe he is more likeable/poplar and he also happens to be a great player.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Um, you do realize that the MVP was decided before that game was even played?
Um, Yep, I was informed in posts above. just making a comment, worded poorly. Par for the jodeke course.

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Axshun wrote:
MVP should involve the capability of playing both ends decently or at least intensity in the same fashion at both ends. End of story...

Harden shows no capability on the defensive. Sheesh, amazing the chants that rain down from Houston.

Curry, I havent watched enough so my reservations are implicit.

But Harden? Shows nothing but offense and the damn flops lol.

Would rather have Westbrook win it.

Harden defended better than Westbrook this season.

Defensive Real +/-:

Harden: .04
Westbrook: -.72

DRtg:
Harden: 103
Westbrook: 103

Defensive WS/48:

Harden: .068
Westbrook: .067

Defensive Box +/-:

Harden: 1.0
Westbrook: 2.2

Opponent Production (82games):

Harden: 13.4

Westbrook: 15.1

Thanks, pretty similar.
MIZ83
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:04 pm    Post subject:

I watched all the GSW games this year. One of the striking things about Curry's year was how much he distorted defenses. Many teams chose to trap him and live with a 4 on 3. Unfortunately for Curry, they don't keep track of hockey assists. Curry has the most gravitational pull of any player in the league. Guys like Green and Barnes get open 3's or driving lanes when Curry is on the floor. He doesn't even need to have a good shooting night to profoundly influence the game as a result.

The other thing that stood out was Curry became a good defender this year. Statistically, he is one of the highest rated PG defenders this year. He worked at it. Part of it was playing intelligently in limiting opponents to half the floor and directing them toward help.

I voted Curry.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: