Guess who's Representing LA in Lottery Drawing - It's Byron Scott (pg 9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject:

I think "healthy" would mean 70+ games. Which would be comparable to the spurs guys.
If he's putting up 20 points and 5 assists, I'd pay him 15 a year for 2 years. Mid Level players will be getting approximately 10 mill a year when the salary cap goes up in 2016 IIRC what Mitch said.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I think "healthy" would mean 70+ games. Which would be comparable to the spurs guys.
If he's putting up 20 points and 5 assists, I'd pay him 15 a year for 2 years. Mid Level players will be getting approximately 10 mill a year when the salary cap goes up in 2016 IIRC what Mitch said.

15m for Kobe, say 10m for Clarkson, and all of a sudden the magical "2 max salaries for 2016" vanishes to just 1.

Lakers won't jeopardize their future to keep on stringing along a 37-38 Kobe.

70 games will be very difficult for Kobe to hit IMO. I'm hoping for 55-60.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

15m for Kobe, say 10m for Clarkson, and all of a sudden the magical "2 max salaries for 2016" vanishes to just 1.

The best thing Kobe can do for the Lakers is retire. Lakers need to rebuild with youth and talent, and unfortunately, Kobe will be sucking up salary while probably injured. Father time is not going to throw him abone.

Let the man retire while he is still "somewhat" productive; he can use that in his next gig, whatever that is....
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject:

Byron needs to put the Mustache on the line. Shave it off if we move up, grow it into a full blown fu manchu look if we at least keep the pick and go full Grizzly Adams (no shaving) if the lottery Gods frown on us and we lose the pick.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Lakers cap hold for clarkson will be a maximum of 2.7 mil if he starts next year.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ Dude, Kobe's only played 25% of the total games in the past 2 seasons.

1. Doesn't bode well for him playing more seasons, subjecting his body to constant major injuries.

2. There is simply no way to justify being paid the highest NBA salary from an actual on-court basis when you've missed so many games.

Luca can say all he wants, but it's Kobe's decision. Having 3 season ending injuries in a row, even to the all-time great Kobe is taxing. I can see him retiring after this season.

Kobe is done after next season.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:01 pm    Post subject:

If we make the playoffs next season and can convince Kevin to sign in the off season, Kobe will come back for one more season.

A lot of "ifs" I know. But he will.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
If we make the playoffs next season and can convince Kevin to sign in the off season, Kobe will come back for one more season.

I'll be down with that but only if Kobe settles for 4-6 million. Other than that have a nice retirement Kobe. Time to move on.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:

Quite a lot of ifs, starting with durant of course.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:

The big if is the playoffs.
lukewaltonsdad
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

I feel the big if is whether or not we get the lottery pick. If Mitch can get a top 5 pick, our 2 picks, plus our cap space, he'll have some room to improve this squad over the summer; i.e. potentially flipping the lottery pick for an established player, maybe moving our 2 picks in a separate deal, etc.
ch3cky0selff00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

lukewaltonsdad wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

I feel the big if is whether or not we get the lottery pick. If Mitch can get a top 5 pick, our 2 picks, plus our cap space, he'll have some room to improve this squad over the summer; i.e. potentially flipping the lottery pick for an established player, maybe moving our 2 picks in a separate deal, etc.

Which is why I'm not worried about the Lakers off-season.. YET.

Top 3 pick I can see them keeping it. If they get 4 or 5.. depending on who's still available.. I can see them packaging it along with maybe Nick Young for an established player. Having a top 5 draft pick plus a TON of cap space opens up a lot of possibilities.

I don't think the Lakers should go out and use their cap space just for the sake of it.. but if the right deal / players come a long.. I wouldn't be opposed to it. IF the Lakers keep their pick.. Mitch will have A LOT of resources at his disposal in regards to improving the team.

It's not completely impossible for the Lakers to transform into a playoff team next season. I trust mitch.
Smoothly1
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
24 wrote:
Smoothly1 wrote:
The safest thing to do is just send Mitch. The guy has zero emotion. His reaction will be same whether we loose the pick or pick first.

We are honored by being here for your annual post sir!

13 posts in 11 years? That's like Yinka Dare's career assist stats.

ok. you win. congrats
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
We need that South Korean boxer who refused to leave the boxing ring after a decision went against him.

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:08 am    Post subject:

:\
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:29 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

That's the only thing that worries me too. Getting in the playoffs next season might require an all-in type move that could hamper the future.

Honestly LB the expectation should simply be improvement. Something in 35-40 game range. Acquire some solid vets, develop the other young guys like we did with Clarkson and roll from there. It's possible everything could "click" and the Lakers could sneak into an 8th seed, but in all likelihood improvement should be the goal
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Byron's face if we win the lottery
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2004/writers/marty_burns/05/18/miamiadversity/p1_scott_getty.jpg

Byron's face if we keep the pick, but fall to #5
https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/byron-scott.jpg

Byron's face if we lose the pick
http://www.cavstheblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Byron-Scott-isnt-even-mad-anymore.-Just-disappointed.-AP.jpg
Troublesome626
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Byron Scott will be the Lakers' NBA Draft lottery representative.

https://twitter.com/MarkG_Medina/statuses/591714780399800320

Wow what a epic fail on live tv if we lose our pick. Byron has a lot of balls to go like that
Superlaker66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
cheetos82 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:
Worthy was a forward and drafted #7. When he repsthe lakers we get the 7th pick and land a forward. Scott was a guard and was drafted 4th. That means we land the fourth pick and choose a combo guard (d'angelo Russell). Scott also has a track record of coaching really good young guards (cp3, kyrie...Russell?).

Worthy was drafted no. 1.

No I think he meant Worthy went to the draft and we got the 7th pick and got a forward so if Scott goes, we'll get the 4th and get a combo guard?

No, he thought there was something cosmic about the draft # positions, and perhaps we're predestined. But Worthy was #1 pick, not 7.

But lets play this game.. Worthy was #1 but got #7 for the Lakers, that's a difference of 6. That can only mean that Scott who was drafted #4 will get #10 for the Lakers. LOL! Since we can't drop to 10 by lotto balls, this could only mean that we're trading down.

It all makes sense now.

His original hypothesis is that Worthy is the #1 pick and he got us the #7 pick, therefore Scott is the #4 pick so he will get us the #4 pick...

However, he forgot to take into consideration that both Worthy and Scott are both born in 1961 and got us championships in 85, 87, and 88...

Therefore you must factor in the coefficient of their birthdate times the square root of the product of the championships in relations to their draft position to minimize the standard deviation...

However, continuity in each argument is not sufficient for multivariate continuity... Therefore one must also take into account the May 19 Draft date AND the likelihood of random interference due to the chaos theory...

Which means that our draft will most likely fall between 1 & 5! If not, then the Phoenix Suns will get our pick.
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

That's the only thing that worries me too. Getting in the playoffs next season might require an all-in type move that could hamper the future.

Honestly LB the expectation should simply be improvement. Something in 35-40 game range. Acquire some solid vets, develop the other young guys like we did with Clarkson and roll from there. It's possible everything could "click" and the Lakers could sneak into an 8th seed, but in all likelihood improvement should be the goal

The franchise just came off the worst two seasons in our history. I don't think the take it slow approach is where the mind set is right now. That
doesn't mean we're going to spend just to spend, though.

Having said that, everyone in the brain trust believes we need a major upgrade in talent going into next season. So shopping will commence on July 1st.

In addition, don't fall in love with our assets, they "could" be moved for a future star down the road. This has always been the Lakers modus operandi.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

The franchise just came off the worst two seasons in our history. I don't think the take it slow approach is where the mind set is right now. That

Having said that, everyone in the brain trust believes we need a major upgrade in talent going into next season. So shopping will commence on July 1st.

In addition, don't fall in love with our assets, they "could" be moved for a future star down the road. This has always been the Lakers modus operandi.

As long as the player is a REAL STAR.

Love, Rondo, LMA don't count for that.

Westbrook would. But he's a FA in 2 years anyway
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Luca Brasi wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

That's what I've come to accept.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
We need that South Korean boxer who refused to leave the boxing ring after a decision went against him.

I'm a bad person, because I immediately thought of Duk Koo Kim, and was going to defend his decision to not leave the ring...
Luca Brasi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

As long as the player is a REAL STAR.

Love, Rondo, LMA don't count for that.

Westbrook would. But he's a FA in 2 years anyway

The Lakers would never trade a valued asset for a non-star. You need not worry.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:23 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:
22 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Luca Brasi wrote:

That's what I've come to accept.

That's so scary to me. I understand how much pressure the Lakers are under, but the margin for it to get better quickly is slim. We tried that with Dwight/Nash which blew up in our faces and got us where we are now.

I would MUCH rather be patient for a few years and have a longer window than another all in scenario that lasts a for 1-3 years and if we miss out be right back here again.

Lakers probably take the first opportunity that arises

Scary stuff
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: