Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
Don't think the Spurs have quite enough space to give LMA and Leonard the max and hold onto Green. And looking at it, I just don't see a title team with what is left around LMA and Leonard.

Spurs wouldn't need Green with this lineup:

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Kawaii Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan

For SG, knowing the Spurs, they can just find some shooter that will fit the offense perfectly like usual and boom: title contenders yet again...like always.

Not to mention their bench being Splitter, Patty Mills, Ginobli, Boris Diaw, etc, and that guy they drafted that will probably be good next season.

Spurs will never go away as much as we all wish it.

don't think that line up will happen. Unless they were able to get Duncan/Aldrige/Manu/Leonard to sign for a combined amount of 32 Million

Of course that lineup can happen. Sign LMA to a max, then sign Leonard to his, than Duncan signs his one year Rivera kind of deal or whatever and their good to go.

Your roster is literally impossible. Unless Ginobili has a brother in the NBA I don't know about, he can't come off the bench and be starter at the same time.

...starting? I only named Ginobli as filler. Of course Ginobli would be the sixth man as always. Read further ahead as I mentioned knowing the Spurs, they will find a replacement SG from whoever they drafted or sign someone for cheep like they did with Danny Green.

Dude it was just a joke.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:40 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LVLAKERFAN wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:
Don't think the Spurs have quite enough space to give LMA and Leonard the max and hold onto Green. And looking at it, I just don't see a title team with what is left around LMA and Leonard.

Spurs wouldn't need Green with this lineup:

Tony Parker
Manu Ginobli
Kawaii Leonard
LaMarcus Aldridge
Tim Duncan

For SG, knowing the Spurs, they can just find some shooter that will fit the offense perfectly like usual and boom: title contenders yet again...like always.

Not to mention their bench being Splitter, Patty Mills, Ginobli, Boris Diaw, etc, and that guy they drafted that will probably be good next season.

Spurs will never go away as much as we all wish it.

don't think that line up will happen. Unless they were able to get Duncan/Aldrige/Manu/Leonard to sign for a combined amount of 32 Million

Of course that lineup can happen. Sign LMA to a max, then sign Leonard to his, than Duncan signs his one year Rivera kind of deal or whatever and their good to go.

Your roster is literally impossible. Unless Ginobili has a brother in the NBA I don't know about, he can't come off the bench and be starter at the same time.

...starting? I only named Ginobli as filler. Of course Ginobli would be the sixth man as always. Read further ahead as I mentioned knowing the Spurs, they will find a replacement SG from whoever they drafted or sign someone for cheep like they did with Danny Green.

Dude it was just a joke.

My sarcasm meter is suffering from technical difficulties.
Sting
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject:

dood23 wrote:
Crowder was actually knocked out by Smith and fell on his knee. It looks bad.
I think JR Smith should get 4 games. repeat offender. would get more like 8-10 but Love being hurt should put some weight on it. Perkins should also be suspended 3-5 games. dude threw a left jab, cheap shot. wonder what cavs lineup is going be

C- mozkov
pf- thompson, marion
sf- lebron, james jones
sg- shumpert miller
pg- irving european

lebron playing alot of 4 too. those old guys going be key now: marion, miller, jones
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:43 am    Post subject:

Sting wrote:
dood23 wrote:
Crowder was actually knocked out by Smith and fell on his knee. It looks bad.
I think JR Smith should get 4 games. repeat offender. would get more like 8-10 but Love being hurt should put some weight on it. Perkins should also be suspended 3-5 games. dude threw a left jab, cheap shot. wonder what cavs lineup is going be

C- mozkov
pf- thompson, marion
sf- lebron, james jones
sg- shumpert miller
pg- irving european

lebron playing alot of 4 too. those old guys going be key now: marion, miller, jones

More than 4 games especially if Crowder ends up hurting his knee because of the fall. MWP got 7 games for the elbow. Smith should get the same.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
LMA will be deciding between the Lakers and the Spurs come July, Really don't see the Knicks in it.

He's signing a two year deal with a player option on the second year, so it might not even matter who he signs with this year. He's a 9 year veteran, which means he can't make the real max (35% as opposed to 30%), so it makes sense to delay FA for a year and then get the salary cap bump as well.

Yeah, I wrote about that couple of pages ago. I think the Knicks will go hard after Monroe, so they don't really have the capspace for LMA. If we can get off Nick Young's contract on draft night, I can see us being the favorites.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Nothing will be known for sure until MRI but word within Cavs team tonight is Kevin Love likely out a minimum of 2 weeks.

Speaking of dirty; this could have been avoided too.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

How many did Artest get?

Knowing lebron is silver's boy i dont think he will get more then 1
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:39 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
According to Hoopshype, the Spurs can easily offer a max for LMA as well as THEN some. While also signing Leonard to his max because Leonard's cap hold is so low.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/san_antonio.htm

LMA would still get his max money while winning with the Spurs.

(bleep) Spurs and their good FO.

That only happens if the Spurs kick TD and Manu to the curb, or they decide to retire. If not, then they have little cap room. And by the way, Hoopshype is often incorrect, go with Basketball Insiders, they are usually correct.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:40 am    Post subject:

Wildchild027 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
In San Antonio he would be playing on Kahwai's team. I don't know if that would bother him or not

Yeah Spurs are the favorite because they are closer to winning. The Lakers just offer him the ability to make the max, and be FA's players in the future. Plus, he doesn't have to worry about payroll issues in LA.

future is not that far. its next summer. 2 max( technically. hoping kobe retires and clarkson can be signed after 2 max knowing the cap will hit 108 in 2017)

That's true, but he may want to contend right away, so that is why the Spurs are the favorite.

My point is that Portland is LA's team, the Spurs will be Leonard's team. Is LA ok with being known as joining Leonard's team?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
In San Antonio he would be playing on Kahwai's team. I don't know if that would bother him or not

Yeah Spurs are the favorite because they are closer to winning. The Lakers just offer him the ability to make the max, and be FA's players in the future. Plus, he doesn't have to worry about payroll issues in LA.

future is not that far. its next summer. 2 max( technically. hoping kobe retires and clarkson can be signed after 2 max knowing the cap will hit 108 in 2017)

That's true, but he may want to contend right away, so that is why the Spurs are the favorite.

My point is that Portland is LA's team, the Spurs will be Leonard's team. Is LA ok with being known as joining Leonard's team?

Here in LA it will be LA's team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Wildchild027 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Here in LA it will be LA's team

Got a little ring to it. I would welcome his addition to the squad
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kevin love who had fantasy of becoming a Laker is going to reject the lakers when they offer max and an opportunity to be face of franchise going forward?

I dont think so

I would be disappointed if we signed Love to a max Deal for a few reasons. The first reason is I want guys who can play good defense down low, and I don't see him doing that. Also after this year I think your paying too much for him if you offer a max deal. Last what do you do with Randle if we sign Love?

Plays good defense like Deandre Jordan who cant stay on court because hack-a-Jordan? People want to give him max to him to stay on bench in playoffs

Jordan is on the bench for a few minutes in the 4th, Love is on the bench for the playoffs. Poor business decision to give the max to the guy who can't stay healthy over the guy who doesn't get hurt.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:50 am    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
So woj basically says celts had a real chance to steal love but might have hurt there chances.. Basically leaving the feeling that love to lal is a done deal....unless he picks up his option.

Or if the Lakers don't offer him what he wants.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:51 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
Kevin love who had fantasy of becoming a Laker is going to reject the lakers when they offer max and an opportunity to be face of franchise going forward?

I dont think so

I would be disappointed if we signed Love to a max Deal for a few reasons. The first reason is I want guys who can play good defense down low, and I don't see him doing that. Also after this year I think your paying too much for him if you offer a max deal. Last what do you do with Randle if we sign Love?

Plays good defense like Deandre Jordan who cant stay on court because hack-a-Jordan? People want to give him max to him to stay on bench in playoffs

I would go after Tyson Chandler if he is willing to sign a 2-3 year deal honestly aroun 8-10 million to finish his career in LA. I don't want to waste the Randle pick by signing someone who is going to take his spot. Chandler on the right deal, and Randle starting I feel has a better shot of working then Love and benching Randle.

i love randle but he needs to prove he can stay healthy over 82 games

And you are the one wanting to sign Love? The ironing is rich.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

Jordan is on the bench for a few minutes in the 4th, Love is on the bench for the playoffs. Poor business decision to give the max to the guy who can't stay healthy over the guy who doesn't get hurt.

Are you seriously blaming Love for having his shoulder be forcefully popped out?

Didn't you (rightfully) defend Lebron during cramp-gate? Sometimes the body, through no fault of the player, gets hurts and the player cannot play through.

That's what I saw with Love. I had a teammate of mine on my rec league team this year have the same injury, and he was the toughest SOB. He was out for the rest of the season and has been doing PT for 1 month now.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:59 am    Post subject:

Blame has nothing to do with it, Love continually not finishing seasons has everything to do with it. Do I blame him for the back, or knee, or hand? No, but you are still paying max for a guy who can't stay healthy.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Blame has nothing to do with it, Love continually not finishing seasons has everything to do with it. Do I blame him for the back, or knee, or hand? No, but you are still paying max for a guy who can't stay healthy.

Exactly. What injuries should you blame on the player?
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
daygoboy6191 wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

I dont think so

Are you seriously blaming Love for having his shoulder be forcefully popped out?

Didn't you (rightfully) defend Lebron during cramp-gate? Sometimes the body, through no fault of the player, gets hurts and the player cannot play through.

That's what I saw with Love. I had a teammate of mine on my rec league team this year have the same injury, and he was the toughest SOB. He was out for the rest of the season and has been doing PT for 1 month now.

Agreed. The lakers will go after love/lma no matter what the fans on this forum say.

I totally support that move
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 am    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
How many did Artest get?

Artest's was much worse tbh (he got about 10 games iirc). I think Smith should get no less than 4 games. Would view it as an indictment on the league if he doesn't.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

NBA is going to fine Crowder for getting hit and tearing his knee in the process.

Cavs will be allowed to play 6 players against the Bulls.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Brian Windhorst @WindhorstESPN
Nothing will be known for sure until MRI but word within Cavs team tonight is Kevin Love likely out a minimum of 2 weeks.

Speaking of dirty; this could have been avoided too.

Curious about this concept of "dirty" plays or Love's comments that it was "on purpose and Bush League". IMO it wasn't. Even though it resulted in Love's injury.

In comparison, in last nights Spurs/Clippers game there was a loose ball play where Big Baby Davis and Duncan were going after the ball. Davis falls down and as Duncan starts to drive for the basket Davis reaches out and shoe string tackles him. Is that "dirty" or Bush League too?

It was called a common foul. IMO it should have been a Flagrant 1 at least. Would the perception have changed if Duncan had broken his wrist on the fall?

IMO Davis' act was intentional and not anywhere near a b-ball play. Olynyk's was questionable but at least arguably 2 players battling.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:00 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
How many did Artest get?

Artest's was much worse tbh (he got about 10 games iirc). I think Smith should get no less than 4 games. Would view it as an indictment on the league if he doesn't.

Ron's was certainly worst but you can make the case that that one was unintentional, I've looked at that video countless of times and I still think Ron didn't mean that to happen. This one was pretty clear and a blatant elbow to the head. Sure the severity of the impact should count more but shouldn't intent come into play too? I say give him the same suspension Ron got.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
How many did Artest get?

Ron's was certainly worst but you can make the case that that one was unintentional, I've looked at that video countless of times and I still think Ron didn't mean that to happen. This one was pretty clear and a blatant elbow to the head. Sure the severity of the impact should count more but shouldn't intent come into play too? I say give him the same suspension Ron got.

Well who am I to judge the severity of each incident. Neither have any place in the game imo. Altho I will say much rather get punched by JR than Artest
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
NBA is going to fine Crowder for getting hit and tearing his knee in the process.

Cavs will be allowed to play 6 players against the Bulls.

they just might do it get the King the ring

isnt it funny when Kobe was in his prime they were trashing him for Hero Ball.
now he is out of league they are advertising the league as "Hero Ball" lol
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

The Grind wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
The Grind wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
How many did Artest get?

Well who am I to judge the severity of each incident. Neither have any place in the game imo. Altho I will say much rather get punched by JR than Artest

I do not see how both Smith and Perkins do not get multiple games.

First off both have histories. So any punishments should be increased because of it.

Perkins illegal screen had him hit Crowder in the neck/face then extend his arms, then standover him, then take a swipe that connected as they were getting seperated. At least a couple of games IMO.

The Smith punch should get several games. Anything less is a joke. He threw a backhand punch to the jaw with a closed fist. Not sure there is any argument other then "I lost control".
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 568, 569, 570 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 569 of 2526
Jump to: