*** 2014-15 General NBA Game Discussion Thread ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Any guesses on how long Love will be out for?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject:

After getting thrashed in Game 3, Clips bench outplayed the Spurs bench. Even Manu was off today.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:31 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul with 34 points was killing the Spurs. He is better than a lot of people give him credit for. If he was the choker some say he is then he wouldn't have done that today. FU Stern.

Matt Barnes has looked terrible. 3 terrible games in a row from him.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

I'd guess he'd be lucky to make the finals and that probably would be very risky even then.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Wow what's going on with Toronto? Down almost 40 and about to be swept.
Trevacious
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Wow what's going on with Toronto? Down almost 40 and about to be swept.

Toronto was in the playoffs? I hadn't noticed.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Good win by Dallas tonight, but just delaying the inevitable. Down 3-1, plagued with injuries, and out of gas. It would have been pretty unreal to see a team with Dirk, Rondo, Stoudemire, Monta Ellis, Charlie Villinueva, Richard Jefferson, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, and Chandler Parsons, with a top 5 coach in Carslisle, get swept.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:27 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Good win by Dallas tonight, but just delaying the inevitable. Down 3-1, plagued with injuries, and out of gas. It would have been pretty unreal to see a team with Dirk, Rondo, Stoudemire, Monta Ellis, Charlie Villinueva, Richard Jefferson, Devin Harris, Raymond Felton, and Chandler Parsons, with a top 5 coach in Carslisle, get swept.

Rockets better get it together. Our defense the last 3 games has been beyond atrocious.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Rockets better get it together. Our defense the last 3 games has been beyond atrocious.

Yeah, Dallas scored 70 in a half last game. Doesn't make sense when you have so many good individual defenders plus Dwight.

SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:37 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

That was a pretty dirty play on a star player. That's not good for the NBA.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

That was a pretty dirty play on a star player. That's not good for the NBA.

Maybe they'll actually do something about it now that it's someone other than Kobe.

CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:04 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) off Milwaukee.

the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:33 pm    Post subject:

We'll never know for certain, but it's looking to me like the Celtics were the only team in the EC that even had the capacity to stop the Cavs relentless march to the 2015 Finals ... however, I could never have imagined that I'd be chalking up the Cavs possible demise in late April to the tag team duo of Olynyk and Crowder.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:19 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
We'll never know for certain, but it's looking to me like the Celtics were the only team in the EC that even had the capacity to stop the Cavs relentless march to the 2015 Finals ... however, I could never have imagined that I'd be chalking up the Cavs possible demise in late April to the tag team duo of Olynyk and Crowder.

It either shows how strong the Celtics were or how flawed the Cavs are. We'll see when they get to a more legit team. It's really hard to judge though... the playoffs are a different animal, about both matchups, experience, adjustments and general coaching.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
the association wrote:

It either shows how strong the Celtics were or how flawed the Cavs are. We'll see when they get to a more legit team. It's really hard to judge though... the playoffs are a different animal, about both matchups, experience, adjustments and general coaching.

I failed to make the sarcasm of my observation more obvious!

The Celtics are garbage ... those eight 1st round draft picks over the next few years might change the landscape, but for now, Boston is straight garbage.

I believe Cleveland would have beaten the Celtics by 20+ every game if Blatt had elected to hit the gas. I simply meant that it only took a few questionable (perhaps intentional, perhaps dirty) plays away from the action to (very likely) unravel the Cavs hopes this year, as opposed to actual merit of play on the court. IMO, Boston has earned their reputation for borderline-dirty play over the years, more recently demonstrated by Big Baby when he went to work on Shaq's hand a few years back.

Olynyk's play resulting in Love's injury is one. Whatever Crowder had been doing to get under everyone's skin before Smith dropped him are the others ...

I'm still not sure that the Cavs cannot roll the Bulls in the ECSF ... we'll have to wait to see. But the fact that the Bulls might STILL struggle with these advantages says more about the inadequacies of the Bulls than it does about those of the Cavs. When the Bulls were healthy, LeBron and Co. torched 'em. When the Bulls were supposedly hobbled, LeBron and Co. torched 'em. Well, the Cavs are most certainly hobbled now ...
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:00 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
the association wrote:

The Celtics are garbage ... those eight 1st round draft picks over the next few years might change the landscape, but for now, Boston is straight garbage.

I believe Cleveland would have beaten the Celtics by 20+ every game if Blatt had elected to hit the gas. I simply meant that it only took a few questionable (perhaps intentional, perhaps dirty) plays away from the action to (very likely) unravel the Cavs hopes this year, as opposed to actual merit of play on the court. IMO, Boston has earned their reputation for borderline-dirty play over the years, more recently demonstrated by Big Baby when he went to work on Shaq's hand a few years back.

Olynyk's play resulting in Love's injury is one. Whatever Crowder had been doing to get under everyone's skin before Smith dropped him are the others ...

I'm still not sure that the Cavs cannot roll the Bulls in the ECSF ... we'll have to wait to see. But the fact that the Bulls might STILL struggle with these advantages says more about the inadequacies of the Bulls than it does about those of the Cavs. When the Bulls were healthy, LeBron and Co. torched 'em. When the Bulls were supposedly hobbled, LeBron and Co. torched 'em. Well, the Cavs are most certainly hobbled now ...
Yes... It's very obvious that Celtics faced Cavs just because Cavs made sure it was so. I've seen fines for much less than giving away two games on purpose to select your playoff opponent. Maybe Nets or Indy could've stolen some sweat from them.
Right now it's clear that they'll make it to the finals. Second round is going to be a sweep, and I don't believe any of the other teams in the East can stand a chance. I just wish GSW could sweep all the way to the finals as well.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:33 am    Post subject:

BT wrote:
the association wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
the association wrote:

Yes... It's very obvious that Celtics faced Cavs just because Cavs made sure it was so. I've seen fines for much less than giving away two games on purpose to select your playoff opponent. Maybe Nets or Indy could've stolen some sweat from them.
Right now it's clear that they'll make it to the finals. Second round is going to be a sweep, and I don't believe any of the other teams in the East can stand a chance. I just wish GSW could sweep all the way to the finals as well.

If tanking for entire seasons (Philadelphia) or partial seasons (many examples, but let's just start with our Lakers this year) for draft position isn't enough to draw a fine, I fail to see how possible late season maneuvering to optimize match-ups might merit a fine. A lot of inexplicable play happens down the stretch. Do you also think San Antonio intentionally lost to the inferior Pelicans the very last game of the season so they could lose HCA and shift from a #2 seed in the WC to the #6 seed? I didn't pay too much attention to the last few games for the Cavs, but I'm not sure it mattered very much either way. The Pacers or Nets would possibly have won a game, but maybe not. I saw a stat the other day that LeBron's aggregate W - L record in the first round of the playoffs is 40 - 7 (over the last ten seasons) ... and 28 - 3 over the past seven seasons.

That said, I'm not sure that the Bulls are incompetent enough to even lose a series against this hobbled Cavs team, much less get swept along the way in a prospective ECSF match-up ... there are plenty of individuals here who believe the Bulls are the most talented team in the association AND that they are poised to wipe the floor with the Cavaliers; and that was before the Cavs lost Kevin Love and J.R. Smith (for the first two games).

If your point is that the EC is not as deep as the WC, I think everyone stipulates to that argument ... but based on the match-ups theory, I'm not too sure Golden State would prospectively fare well in a Finals series against the Cavaliers. True, the teams were 1 - 1 in regular season games this year. But Cleveland comfortably beat the Warriors the only game they played this year when both teams were at full strength ... Golden State's (in)ability to sweep through the West might have little bearing on a Finals match-up.
BT
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:36 am    Post subject:

the association wrote:
If tanking for entire seasons (Philadelphia) or partial seasons (many examples, but let's just start with our Lakers this year) for draft position isn't enough to draw a fine, I fail to see how possible late season maneuvering to optimize match-ups might merit a fine. A lot of inexplicable play happens down the stretch. Do you also think San Antonio intentionally lost to the inferior Pelicans the very last game of the season so they could lose HCA and shift from a #2 seed in the WC to the #6 seed? I didn't pay too much attention to the last few games for the Cavs, but I'm not sure it mattered very much either way. The Pacers or Nets would possibly have won a game, but maybe not. I saw a stat the other day that LeBron's aggregate W - L record in the first round of the playoffs is 40 - 7 (over the last ten seasons) ... and 28 - 3 over the past seven seasons.

That said, I'm not sure that the Bulls are incompetent enough to even lose a series against this hobbled Cavs team, much less get swept along the way in a prospective ECSF match-up ... there are plenty of individuals here who believe the Bulls are the most talented team in the association AND that they are poised to wipe the floor with the Cavaliers; and that was before the Cavs lost Kevin Love and J.R. Smith (for the first two games).

If your point is that the EC is not as deep as the WC, I think everyone stipulates to that argument ... but based on the match-ups theory, I'm not too sure Golden State would prospectively fare well in a Finals series against the Cavaliers. True, the teams were 1 - 1 in regular season games this year. But Cleveland comfortably beat the Warriors the only game they played this year when both teams were at full strength ... Golden State's (in)ability to sweep through the West might have little bearing on a Finals match-up.
Never mind... to be honest, it was just another anti-LeBron rant.

I've watched a lot of Bulls basketball this year (PO included), and they still look like that .500 percent team they've looked during the regular season. They can get out of some series if their rival sucks enough, but I can't imagine them reaching the Finals unless they suddenly start clicking.

I also agree that Cleveland is certainly not the best matchup for GSW.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:53 am    Post subject:

i knew all season long a team like atlanta and toronto were flukes.

atlanta will still probably win their series, but they don't look so hot against the 8th seed in the EAST.

and toronto just embarrassed themselves. to get swept as a 4 seed is pathetic.
ronnyjeremy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:56 am    Post subject:

Love is out for the playoffs.

In the Soup Nazi voice. Cleveland "no ring for you!!!"
HeatCandela
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:20 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) Crawford. Why does that (bleep) have to flail and sit down on the court after a three attempt? Fine that (bleep)!
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:41 pm    Post subject:

lol dumb ass Reggie asking "suck what?"
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:

Why was the crowd saying Reggie sucks?
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

No they were saying "Ref You Suck". Then Reggie goes "suck what?", then he talked about how (when he was playing) the fans would always chant "Reggie Sucks", and he would always ask, "Suck what?".
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
15 wrote:
Dladi Vidac wrote:

No they were saying "Ref You Suck". Then Reggie goes "suck what?", then he talked about how (when he was playing) the fans would always chant "Reggie Sucks", and he would always ask, "Suck what?".

got it, thanks
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 54 of 58
Jump to: