***OFFICIAL LAKERS 2015 NBA DRAFT THREAD*** (No. 2 Russell, No. 27 Nance, No. 34 Brown: p.1661 - Upshaw signed for SL)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yumyumcha
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:52 am    Post subject:

Any small forward the Lakers get with the 27th or 34th pick will be better than Wesley Johnson.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:58 am    Post subject:

Yong wrote:
Megaton wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
I really want RHJ with the HOU pick. Who knows, maybe we can get our own Kawhi in here. If he doesn't improve his jumpshot then maybe he turns into an MKG type player, though MKG has improved a bit.

Top 5 pick: Deangelo Russell
27th pick: RHJ
34th pick: Robert Upshaw

That would be an amazing draft.

It's easier to rebuild through drafting a big. As much as I like Russell

Agree but if we get the 3rd or 4th pick, there won't be a choice since Towns and Okafor would be taken by then.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:03 am    Post subject:

Yumyumcha wrote:
Any small forward the Lakers get with the 27th or 34th pick will be better than Wesley Johnson.

I want justin anderson.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:19 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

I want justin anderson.

I wish that would be true. But mandatory 'Wes himself was a top 10 pick' ... and look what happened ...

We need our own Jimmy Butler!
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:32 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

I want justin anderson.

My preference is Anderson over RHJ too.

But re-signing Wes for depth is also a good idea. Not a starter but solid role player. SF position is barren. Even if th Lakers can land a free agent SF Wes can play some mpg at SG if the situation arises.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 am    Post subject:

DX Strengths and Weaknesses video for Mario Hezonja were released on YouTube.

I know they're two different players, but just reading the bullet points makes me think of a 17 year old Kobe Bryant being criticized for the same things.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

I want justin anderson.

But re-signing Wes for depth is also a good idea. Not a starter but solid role player. SF position is barren. Even if th Lakers can land a free agent SF Wes can play some mpg at SG if the situation arises.

This is a position that the FO has neglected to improve recently. Any of the young guys mentioned above would be a breath of fresh air.
However, there is no doubt that, Wes could be a useful back-up because of his versatility and experience.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WngADYTj-U

I know they're two different players, but just reading the bullet points makes me think of a 17 year old Kobe Bryant being criticized for the same things.

Beautiful shooting stroke. Great athleticism. Strange how he has no mid-range game. Is it a question of ability or scheme? Seems he's at the 3 or the rim a lot. Is that his team's offensive system?

I would be happy if we got him. I have 6 guys right now that I would be very happy with (Towns, Okafor, Russell, Winslow, WCS, Hezonja).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Beautiful shooting stroke. Great athleticism. Strange how he has no mid-range game. Is it a question of ability or scheme? Seems he's at the 3 or the rim a lot. Is that his team's offensive system?

I would be happy if we got him. I have 6 guys right now that I would be very happy with (Towns, Okafor, Russell, Winslow, WCS, Hezonja).

Same. And I'm a homer for Towns and Russell the most.

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Yumyumcha wrote:

I want justin anderson.

Ditto.

I like that he can shoot AND is athletic with the ability to defend. RHJ has more potential, but I'd take Anderson since I think it's more likely he'll be a solid role player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I'd definteley guess that it's a system thing. At least in terms of lack of high post game, which is where a 6'8 high release, solid frame, quick guy could eat. he has one of the highest releases and elevation on his J, both are rare today. Jab steps and mid range stepbacks are not hard to develop. Wiggins and AD both created this type of mid range game once they got to the league. It's simple moves.
Now, mid range in terms of creating off the dribble like Nick Young, his lack of showing that isn't system I don't think - that's probly a skill thing.

My favorite part of his strengths vid were the plays where he bumped guys off in the post offensively, and then his defense. He can be a very well rounded player. The motor he showed on defense was great, at least there's a semblance of that in him
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:22 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

I'd definteley guess that it's a system thing. At least in terms of lack of high post game, which is where a 6'8 high release, solid frame, quick guy could eat. he has one of the highest releases and elevation on his J, both are rare today. Jab steps and mid range stepbacks are not hard to develop. Wiggins and AD both created this type of mid range game once they got to the league. It's simple moves.
Now, mid range in terms of creating off the dribble like Nick Young, his lack of showing that isn't system I don't think - that's probly a skill thing.

My favorite part of his strengths vid were the plays where he bumped guys off in the post offensively, and then his defense. He can be a very well rounded player. The motor he showed on defense was great, at least there's a semblance of that in him

his step back move is impressive. It covers a LOT of territory, particularly for a 6'8 frame. He's doing a step back from like 3 feet from the 3 point line and hitting a 3 (albeit 20 footer in that league).
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

his step back move is impressive. It covers a LOT of territory, particularly for a 6'8 frame. He's doing a step back from like 3 feet from the 3 point line and hitting a 3 (albeit 20 footer in that league).

Ya to do that stepback move from 3 and then elevate on the J, that's crazy coordination and athleticism. Moving that move in to 18 feet and shooting it should be easy for him, and he shoots it right over defenders.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Does anybody else see a slightly taller, more athletic Klay Thompson? I like his game. I'm still big on Russell and Towns/Okafor, but I like this guy.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject:

They had a website like DraftExpress when Kobe was coming out?
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:59 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Does anybody else see a slightly taller, more athletic Klay Thompson? I like his game. I'm still big on Russell and Towns/Okafor, but I like this guy.

That's what I thought when watching this video too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:03 am    Post subject:

^ He can shoot and drive. But has no east/west game, and no mid-range one (but that might be more of a scheming issue). Handles look less impressive but his athleticism and ability to get to the rack is pretty impressive.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:58 am    Post subject:

he seems ok but I prefer russell over any perimeter player in this draft. Idk why but towns reminds me of Tim Duncan. He's pretty much solid across the board and kind of boring to watch even though he's very effective. He will probably have a long career. Okafor is more fun to watch but much less well rounded. If towns is Duncan than Okafor is shaq in that sense.

(Please don't assume I'm calling them the next Duncan/shaq)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:03 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
he seems ok but I prefer russell over any perimeter player in this draft. Idk why but towns reminds me of Tim Duncan. He's pretty much solid across the board and kind of boring to watch even though he's very effective. He will probably have a long career. Okafor is more fun to watch but much less well rounded. If towns is Duncan than Okafor is shaq in that sense.

(Please don't assume I'm calling them the next Duncan/shaq)

I prefer Russell to Hezonja as well. I'd be happy if we got him though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
^ He can shoot and drive. But has no east/west game, and no mid-range one (but that might be more of a scheming issue). Handles look less impressive but his athleticism and ability to get to the rack is pretty impressive.

I agree. Do you think he'd come for a workout? Do Euros tend to come for workouts?

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:

Yes, I mentioned a few pages back that Hezonja = Klay Thompson on steroids.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

D'Angelo Russell

Ohio to LA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tqWqW5rZzU

Just hoping he land's our way.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 am    Post subject:

Fastbreak32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I agree. Do you think he'd come for a workout? Do Euros tend to come for workouts?

He declared for the draft so he will be at the combine and private workouts in LA. If he impresses Mitch and Jim he will be highly considered if we draft 4-5
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:33 am    Post subject:

How is Mario's English? Can he speak any at all?

From a "face of the franchise" standpoint, does it matter? Maybe not so much, but this is LA.
lakerglory
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

From a "face of the franchise" standpoint, does it matter? Maybe not so much, but this is LA.

I've heard some of Mario's post game interviews in English and he's well spoken, has that euro accent but he's alright. I mean't a a marketable player standpoint you know endorsement/TV wise?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject:

lakerglory wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I've heard some of Mario's post game interviews in English and he's well spoken, has that euro accent but he's alright. I mean't a a marketable player standpoint you know endorsement/TV wise?

Well, I need subtitles/Google translate for Nick Young and Jordan Hill.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 1689, 1690, 1691  Next
Page 380 of 1691
Jump to: