Paul Pierce gamewinner

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 7:33 pm    Post subject: Paul Pierce gamewinner

One of the most clutch players of all time, even if very hatable.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

In-go-wood's Finest
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:14 pm    Post subject:

The truth up to no good ... his response to the "lucky shot" comment from Schroder was classic Pierce, too. For all of the hate re: the injury in 2008, the guy is very easily a Top 30 player in my book. He's also been a very underrated LeBron defender over the years, so it will be enjoyable to watch those two go at each other once again if the Bulls cannot close out the hobbled Cavaliers. And with Kyrie suffering a foot injury, there are no credible excuses for the Bulls any longer. If they cannot get past the Cavaliers without Kevin Love, without J.R. Smith for Games 1 and 2, with a hobbled Shumpert in Games 2 and 3 (and beyond), and now we're learning about Kyrie's injury against the Celtics (and the impact into this series) ...

Anyway, the Hawks are probably finished, so Pierce is probably on his way to meeting his end of the bargain ...
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Top 30 all time? I don't know. There's alotta great guys currently playing and retired. I could see him in the top 50-60.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:38 pm    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
Top 30 all time? I don't know. There's alotta great guys currently playing and retired. I could see him in the top 50-60.

I personally cannot comfortably rattle off the names of 20 guys that have had better careers than Pierce, much less 30 names.

Maybe if someone views the assessment as "best player at any point in time" (i.e., rank order all players based on their best game or best season), I guess he probably wouldn't make that cut. But when you look at the long career arc? Look at his production and tell me how he's not Top 30 ...
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

the association wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:

I personally cannot comfortably rattle off the names of 20 guys that have had better careers than Pierce, much less 30 names.

Maybe if someone views the assessment as "best player at any point in time" (i.e., rank order all players based on their best game or best season), I guess he probably wouldn't make that cut. But when you look at the long career arc? Look at his production and tell me how he's not Top 30 ...

Yeah, you can't find many with his numbers. Maybe it's because that one ring. Maybe if he had one more but I can definitely see your point. Just that top 30 is like the top tier of all time. When you say Paul Pierce, do you automatically think Top 30? Tough question.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

He lost all his LA privileges.
the association
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject:

I know it's an unpopular position, but I would have loved picking up Pierce during the offseason the past two years if Kobe had been healthy and the team had more young talent to work with ... can you imagine Kobe and Pierce playing together with a solid roster? Two legends with refined "old man" game helping young talent cut their playoff teeth ... defense would have been spotty, but the offense would make up for it, I think.

Anyway, that dream beats reality every time ...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Never cared for Wheelchair since he played for our biggest rival, but you can't deny he's been battle tested in the playoffs throughout his career. No way the Wizards are in the position they are without him this year. Whats funny is that this guy was one of the better basketball players to come out of LA and was a Laker fan back in the day, but is pretty much hated throughout the LA fanbase.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:13 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
He lost all his LA privileges.

Maybe, but the dude has had an amazing career.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: