Swaggy P + 2nd rounder for Lance Stephenson + 1st
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:49 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
Hell yeah I'd do it. Lance was a terrible fit for the Hornets but he's still only 24 with the potential to be a 16/6/5 guy with the right team.

Lance was a terrible fit for, ummm, every place he's been - both college and pro. Wears out his welcome fast. How else do we spell p-o-i-s-o-n ... ?
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
SDLakersFan wrote:
Hell yeah I'd do it. Lance was a terrible fit for the Hornets but he's still only 24 with the potential to be a 16/6/5 guy with the right team.

Lance was a terrible fit for, ummm, every place he's been - both college and pro. Wears out his welcome fast. How else do we spell p-o-i-s-o-n ... ?

Clearly he hasn't helped himself over the last year. But, poison is a bit much. Indiana wasn't trying to get rid of him at all. In fact - they offered about the same money as what Charlotte offered if I remember correctly. Lance made it clear that he wanted Indiana not to match so that he could get out from under George's shadow or whatever his mentality was. None of that changes the fact that he played very well for Indiana - especially in the playoffs where it matters most.

I would at least look at the guy depending on what the trade offer package was. Especially since his contract situation allows for a short leash on him. He gets one year to prove he can get his focus where it needs to be. If he fails, our team still has their 2016 cap space since his 3rd year is a team option. I'm not saying we definitely need to go after him. But, I don't think it's an automatic NO situation, either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: