Gasol the Bull (and the Laker, the Spur, and the Grizzly)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject:

^ We had him initiating the offense at the 3 point line even up to last year. Chicago makes Noah and Gibson do that stuff. Pau rarely touches the ball outside 18-20 feet out for Chicago ....or Spain (whenever he plays for them).

Like most great big men. Feed them the ball where they want on offense,and they'll play better defense and hit the glass harder on both ends. That's why Pau led the league in double doubles this year. And was "washed up" last year.
Bynum and Howard got preferential touches over Pau his years here after Phil. SMH
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
^ We had him initiating the offense at the 3 point line even up to last year. Chicago makes Noah and Gibson do that stuff. Pau rarely touches the ball outside 18-20 feet out for Chicago ....or Spain (whenever he plays for them).

Like most great big men. Feed them the ball where they want on offense,and they'll play better defense and hit the glass harder on both ends. That's why Pau led the league in double doubles this year. And was "washed up" last year.
Bynum and Howard got preferential touches over Pau his years here after Phil. SMH

He was hurt, but certainly he had senioritis and waiting to leave. That was evident.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:

He was hurt, but certainly he had senioritis and waiting to leave. That was evident.

I think it's a mix of what your saying and what I'm saying. But I'm more right of course
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

FWIW, last year, MDA made a point of getting him post touches, but Pau simply couldn't be bothered to fight for position.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 11:44 am    Post subject:

I'm pulling for Pau and wish him luck in the playoffs. He should still be a Laker and I will always appreciate what he brought to the Lakers...unlike the bozo making the decisions now. Looks like the Laker days of being loyal are over!
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/09/pau-gasol-questionable-for-game-4-with-hamstring-injury/

Quote:
Pau Gasol questionable for Game 4 with hamstring injury

The Bulls pulled off an incredible Game 3 victory over the Cavaliers, thanks to Derrick Rose banking home a three-pointer at the buzzer that put Chicago up 2-1 in the best-of-seven series.

Perhaps more remarkable was that they were able to do it with a very limited contribution from Pau Gasol.

Gasol finished with six points, four rebounds, four assists and three blocked shots, but left the game five minutes into the third quarter with a hamstring injury, and did not return. He’s set for an MRI on Saturday, and his status remains questionable for Sunday’s critical Game 4 contest.

From Steve Aschburner of NBA.com:

“I have to do some tests, see how bad or good it is and then proceed from there,” Gasol said. “I’m just hoping that it’s not a bad tear or anything like that. Hamstrings are tricky and dangerous. Just hoping for the best and trying to stay positive.

“Hopefully I’ll get up [Saturday] with not much soreness and I’ll go to the hospital and do whatever it is I have to do to find out what I have.”

“Early in the first quarter, it started to tighten up,” Gasol said. “It really bothered me. I thought it was going to loosen up and I was going to be able to push through it. The more I pushed through it, the worse it got.”

Losing Gasol would be damaging, but the Bulls are a deep squad that may be able to survive his absence.

Announcement: Play one-day fantasy basketball tonight! Pro Basketball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a $200,00 league for Saturday’s NBA games. It’s just $3 to join and first place wins $20,000. Starts tonight at 5pm ET. Enter now!

Taj Gibson and Nikola Mirotic can provide at least some of what Gasol brings; they combined for 21 points and 17 rebounds in Game 3, while each playing around 22 minutes off the bench.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Unfortunately that's a problem with him. He is an older player and he did get banged up when he was here. He was healthier in Chicago until game 3.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Unfortunately that's a problem with him. He is an older player and he did get banged up when he was here. He was healthier in Chicago until game 3.

Another yeast infection.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:58 pm    Post subject:

It will be interesting to see if the Bulls are in fact better without him.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Another yeast infection.

misogynist much?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:

What did you glean after one game sans Gasol?
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:39 pm    Post subject:

OregonLakerGuy wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

What did you glean after one game sans Gasol?

After two games?
cccplus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:50 pm    Post subject:

how bad is his hamstring - just look at cp3.

Rose should be like Kobe and tells Gasol to put on his big boy's pants.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject:

cccplus wrote:

That would be funny, considering Rose has a history of taking his time and not rushing back from injury.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:00 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls should be OK while missing their 4th best big, right?
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject:

cccplus wrote:

Hamstrings vary. They can be a minor tweak that fades quick and doesn't affect much, or they can be severe, linger for months, and render a person nearly immobile. They're also tough because once you have a hamstring tweak, it's actually pretty easy to aggravate it and make it worse, which sounds like is what happened to Pau in game three after he tweaked it originally in game two. Pau is a key part of the Bulls as a team, but he wouldn't be much good to them if he's completely hobbled and can barely move.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 2:10 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
cccplus wrote:

Hamstrings vary. They can be a minor tweak that fades quick and doesn't affect much, or they can be severe, linger for months, and render a person nearly immobile. They're also tough because once you have a hamstring tweak, it's actually pretty easy to aggravate it and make it worse, which sounds like is what happened to Pau in game three after he tweaked it originally in game two. Pau is a key part of the Bulls as a team, but he wouldn't be much good to them if he's completely hobbled and can barely move.

Exactly. Hamstring injuries are among the trickiest.

I suffered this problem for months and it is the kind of injury that can make a player look bad, because it may allow you to play and do some things very well and at the same time it makes great performances impossible.

You could run for miles with no pain at all, or try a semi-sprint without problems, but then it absolutely prevents you from doing spin moves, fast sprints or first steps,etc. So you can play if the case is not very serious, but you will play bad.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

If Gasol comes back and the Bulls win their next two games, Gasol will not only have cemented himself in the Hall, but moved into the conversation of top 50 ever.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:06 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
If Gasol comes back and the Bulls win their next two games, Gasol will not only have cemented himself in the Hall, but moved into the conversation of top 50 ever.

I hope so.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I'm pulling for Pau and wish him luck in the playoffs. He should still be a Laker and I will always appreciate what he brought to the Lakers...unlike the bozo making the decisions now. Looks like the Laker days of being loyal are over!

So offering him more than Chicago or anyone else did is being disloyal?

Same old Pau in Chicago, any minor injury and he shuts it down. Good pairing with Rose I guess.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 9:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kwase wrote:

Same old Pau in Chicago, any minor injury and he shuts it down. Good pairing with Rose I guess.

I love that we heaped giant sums of money on Pau for years while he mailed it in and we're the disloyal ones.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kwase wrote:

Minor injury? Just look at how many players have already missed games with hamstring injuries these playoffs. Cp3 and Tony Allen both have missed games due to hamstrings, because it isn't a minor thing and can easily be aggravated. Farmar missed weeks due to a hamstring strain, came back and aggravated the injury, and missed months as a result, all during a time when he was barely back in the NBA and needed to prove he warranted a new contract.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:29 am    Post subject:

Well, as I think about it, if nothing else, after being road hard and put away . . . "tired" . . . with more than 2600 minutes this season, more than any year for Shaq since age 28 or Duncan since age 31, he's had a bit of a rest that should do him good.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kwase wrote:

Do you know the hamstring injury is minor?
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
kwase wrote:

Well and he's playing today so ????
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 26 of 28
Jump to: