Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject: Powerful Makeup

http://www.wimp.com/powerfulmakeup/1/

You kidding me?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Some of those transformations were amazing.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 8:27 am    Post subject:

With the talent of todays makeup artists you can pretty much turn any plain jane into a hottie....
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 10:47 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
With the talent of todays makeup artists you can pretty much turn any plain jane into a hottie....

Back in the 90's when I was living in Honolulu, one of my windsurfing buddies roommates was a former fashion model (and a high end one at that - Elle, Cosmopolitan, Runways, etc) but when she first told me I didn't believe her. Even when she produced the magazine spreads, I still just though she kinda looked liked the girl in the mag and was trying to pass it off as her. She was just such a plain Jane girl from Alaska that didn't look half as remarkable as many of the girls down on the beach in Lanikai. Then a couple of her friends who were still in the modeling game came to visit and I easily volunteered to pick them up at the airport. I distinctly remember the disappointment when driving up curbside at HNL and sing these 2 more unremarkable plain Janes. I dropped them off at my buddies and left to go windsurf, having made the obligatory invite to join us out on the town later. They were excited to hit the town, and when we returned all sunbattered from the ocean, they were already dressed to the 9's ready to hit the town. THAT was the first time I believed his roommate was a former high end fashion model. All three of them looked like completely different people. I needed a forklift to get my jaw up off the ground. During the evening, I was being an obvious dude with the attention I'm paying the girls. This of course catches the eye of a girl I'd been pining for over the months, but with little headway. She finally started to heavily flirt with me and it's obvious I'm finally being green lighted, but what does this big idiot do? Yep, I throw all my eggs in the basket of one of the all maked up fashion models - blowing any future chance I would have had with the girl I really liked (and who without makeup was hotter than the models). I was so mad the next morning whilst doing the obligatory "Save her from the walk of shame" breakfast that I swore I'd never be dumb enough to chase after glam chicks full of makeup again. To this day, I still hate makeup and won't give chicks with a full on plaster job the time of day. Friggin false advertising is what it is...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
During the evening, I was being an obvious dude with the attention I'm paying the girls. This of course catches the eye of a girl I'd been pining for over the months, but with little headway. She finally started to heavily flirt with me and it's obvious I'm finally being green lighted,

Classic femme jealousy coming into play. Bizarre how their minds work.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
During the evening, I was being an obvious dude with the attention I'm paying the girls. This of course catches the eye of a girl I'd been pining for over the months, but with little headway. She finally started to heavily flirt with me and it's obvious I'm finally being green lighted,

Well it's also bizarre how our minds work. I still kick myself in the arse over the fact that I made such a dumb decision just because I was in the presence of what seemed like Unspeakably Uber Hotness. That said, I hear ya. the only reason I was finally being green lighted from the girl I'd been pining for was because she saw some chick who she thought was hotter than herself giving me the googley eyes. Young men & women are dumber than doorknobs when it comes to chasing tail. They both make stupid choices.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
akbroker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:55 am    Post subject:

you guys should have seen meghan trainor before the fame. can't believe how good her makeup artists are. she looks like a completely different person on tv.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Well it's also bizarre how our minds work. I still kick myself in the arse over the fact that I made such a dumb decision just because I was in the presence of what seemed like Unspeakably Uber Hotness. That said, I hear ya. the only reason I was finally being green lighted from the girl I'd been pining for was because she saw some chick who she thought was hotter than herself giving me the googley eyes. Young men & women are dumber than doorknobs when it comes to chasing tail. They both make stupid choices.

Agreed on the "hotter than herself" part. They can be very competitive for men's attention, most the time probably without even realizing it. That's not even counting women who are into you physically. They compete with each other in office settings especially if the women outnumber the men by a fair whack. Unfortunately, I'm in an industry where few women are attractive, but the same dynamics are still in effect. The only couple of legitimately cute, young lasses that I've had the pleasure to work with have told me in no certain terms that they preferred working with men and they know full well when they're the cutest one of the lot because they draw the ire of all the rest. I also hear you on the other half, though. Faint hearts don't win fine maidens or whatever. The only solace from the other blokes here is we all have that missed moment, I have one from the college daze that still annoys me. We've all been there, mate. On the flip side, there are a lot of men who also seem to live to c-block some other guy even if they themselves have no shot. Few things are worse in life than a Cee Bee. They are croc fodder as far as I'm concerned. Bob's yer uncle.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:31 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:

Agreed on the "hotter than herself" part. They can be very competitive for men's attention, most the time probably without even realizing it. That's not even counting women who are into you physically. They compete with each other in office settings especially if the women outnumber the men by a fair whack. Unfortunately, I'm in an industry where few women are attractive, but the same dynamics are still in effect. The only couple of legitimately cute, young lasses that I've had the pleasure to work with have told me in no certain terms that they preferred working with men and they know full well when they're the cutest one of the lot because they draw the ire of all the rest. I also hear you on the other half, though. Faint hearts don't win fine maidens or whatever. The only solace from the other blokes here is we all have that missed moment, I have one from the college daze that still annoys me. We've all been there, mate. On the flip side, there are a lot of men who also seem to live to c-block some other guy even if they themselves have no shot. Few things are worse in life than a Cee Bee. They are croc fodder as far as I'm concerned. Bob's yer uncle.

I've always said, and people like to debate it, but, that women are more intra-competitive than we men are.

I think it was Chris Rock who had a funny joke/story about this. If a man's best friend has a girlfriend/wife that is attractive, the friend will say, damn, I hope I find a girl just like her one day.

If a woman's best friend has a boyfriend/husband that is attractive, the friend will say, damn, I want him!

LMAO. So true.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: