Clint Capela

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:16 am    Post subject: Clint Capela

I'll admit I'm looking for positive news with the Howard injury, but I'm REALLY excited about the kid. He was supposed to be an overseas stash but he refused to go sit for a year. We stuck him in the D-league all season and McHale finally gave him some burn in the final games of the season. We have him Dorsey's minutes in the Mavs series and he showed some athletic flashes but looked lost defensively. A dozen games later he looks like he could be in any rotation.

This kid just turned 21. 7 footers should not be able to stick with Steph Curry on the perimeter.

http://i.imgur.com/TNzoMWX.gif

Kevin Pelton thought Capela should have been a top 10 pick last year (his scouting article in 2nd link):

http://deadspin.com/get-to-know-the-guy-who-might-be-the-steal-of-the-nba-d-1596574284

https://m.reddit.com/r/rockets/comments/33669g/does_anybody_have_espn_insider_to_post_about_why/

Thoughts? I think if he went to college last year he would be a high lotto pick in this draft.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject:

I wrote a lot about how Capela was one of my favorite prospects last year. Would have done better if he got to play on a lottery team where he'd get more playtime. He's a 3 year project, but crazy potential
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject:

He looks like a very nice player. Switzerland producing some nice role players! He won't be a star, but he has the potential to be a good role player.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

dude looks old. I thought he was 35
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
I wrote a lot about how Capela was one of my favorite prospects last year. Would have done better if he got to play on a lottery team where he'd get more playtime. He's a 3 year project, but crazy potential

Good call. I remember all of it, but even I was unsure considering his hoop IQ at the time.

But you can't doubt his physical tools and athletic abilities.

Another player with the measureables and athleticism, just needed to develop the skills.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject:

I saw him for the first time against the clippers and he quickly reminded me of a pudgy, baby faced bynum. I like what he showed, gave some good minutes.

definitely the one player i "rooted" for in that series. Didnt catch much of last night's game so didnt see how he played.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:46 am    Post subject:

What impresses me the most is what he's been able to pick up in around 12 games of real action, in a playoff setting.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
I saw him for the first time against the clippers and he quickly reminded me of a pudgy, baby faced bynum. I like what he showed, gave some good minutes.

definitely the one player i "rooted" for in that series. Didnt catch much of last night's game so didnt see how he played.

Here is a clip. It doesn't show the lateral quickness defending on the perimeter though (see my initial post).

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: