Trailer for The Flash TV Show
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I've not had a interest in The Flash. I have 11 episodes on Kodi starting from the beginning. I may spend some time catching up.

Just know that it gets better....in a flash. Had to, lol. Seriously though, after a few episodes it got good and then after the mid-season finale, I was hooked.

You're right, I like what I saw. Just watched 1st episode City of Heroes. Next episode Fastest Man Alive. I'll watch later on. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: LL I don't like you. I've been watching The Flash all day. Like you said it gets better. I'll probably watch some more later. Time to eat.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Watched the pilot of The Arrow. It's related to The Flash. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Anyone still watching? I'm truly impressed with what they've done in season 1. One of my favorite shows right now along with Arrow. Though Arrow has taken a step back this season.

Keep an eye on the Arrow/Flash spinoff, DC's Legends of Tomorrow. Has a pretty large cast with heroes and villains coming together to fight something big. Heck a time traveler Rip Hunter goes back in time to warn them about it, shades of Lex Luthor and the JLA.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2015 10:40 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, they have done an incredible job with character development in the first season.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

I cant believe this thread isnt longer to me best show on TV only one I make a point to watch live, great finale with now infinite possibilities for future seasons
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:07 am    Post subject:

What a way to end the season.

"So long and thanks for all the fish." Sisco has the best movie references.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

I couldn't buy it. The idiocy of the characters and the blithe way they just kind of accepted potentially having their lives completely altered in unpredictable ways, even possibly wiping themselves from existence, not to mention potentially DESTROYING THE ENTIRE PLANET, just killed my suspension of disbelief. None of them reacted like real human characters, instead they acted like characters whose sole purpose was to act as Barry's support. That might be their actual purpose on the show, but as believable character traits? Idiotic. Caitlyn Snow, insanely smart doctor who worked at a particle accelerator at the cutting edge of science, not knowing what a singularity is? IDIOTIC. Taking Wells at his word and building a time machine for him and just accepting his two minute time limit until THE WORLD ENDS? IDIOTIC IDIOTIC IDIOTIC. Barry and his whole "the black hole is just a bigger tornado and I can cancel it out by running in the opposite direction" line? PLEASE STOP WITH THE IDIOCY.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject:

At the end of the last episode I saw, the Reverse Flash was getting ready to square off against Flash, Firestorm and the Arrow but when I tuned in last night he was already captured. Was this continued in Arrow or did I miss an episode?

Overall, I like the show but it's got too much WB teenage drama moments for me to call it a favorite. I don't watch any other shows on WB, including Arrow, so I guess I'm not accustomed to it.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
At the end of the last episode I saw, the Reverse Flash was getting ready to square off against Flash, Firestorm and the Arrow but when I tuned in last night he was already captured. Was this continued in Arrow or did I miss an episode?

Overall, I like the show but it's got too much WB teenage drama moments for me to call it a favorite. I don't watch any other shows on WB, including Arrow, so I guess I'm not accustomed to it.

They finished the fight in the same episode, so you stopped watching before the episode ended.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Really impressed with what they did with season 1. It helps that the showrunners learned from their Arrow experiences. This show is one of my favorites and really you can't ask for a better superhero show. Daredevil was pretty good but grounded. What they did with TV budget for Flash and all his villains is really impressive.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
What a way to end the season.

"So long and thanks for all the fish." Sisco has the best movie references.

Always good to see a Douglas Adams reference. Overall season 1 turned out to be better than expected. Tuned in for Cavanagh's Dr. Wells to close out the season and will probably catch some of the crossovers next season.

Not sure what to expect with possible wormhole-driven episodes for S2. Seems that it could allow alt timeline Killer Frost and others to come in temporarily without disrupting the main timeline characters. Hopefully the timelines won't get too convoluted to a point where things just don't seem to matter.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject:

I'm hoping it goes the Fringe route with multiple universes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: