Lakers Now An Enticing Destination For KD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
If Kobe has a season like the last two then KD won't consider the Lakers.

Your Kobe hate couldn't be more obvious.

The dude still averaged 22, 5, and 5.

Yes he shot poorly, but who wouldn't be in that situation? Playing with the likes of Wesley Johnson, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Hill, and Carlos Boozer. All guys who are backup players at best with no business starting.

I love Kobe, but if he wants to stay with the team past this next season, two things need to happen:

1. He needs to accept a drastically reduced salary and not pout about it. If that doesn't work for him, then I am fine with ending his tenure in LA.

2. On the court he needs to play efficiently and play both ends of the court. We don't need a matador defender playing "Iverson style" low percentage chucker ball going forward, it was fine last season because the team was dead in the water from Day 1, but now it is time to play the right way.

If he balks at either of the two items above, then it is time for both parties to move on.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Yes he shot poorly, but who wouldn't be in that situation? Playing with the likes of Wesley Johnson, Jeremy Lin, Jordan Hill, and Carlos Boozer. All guys who are backup players at best with no business starting.

How many games has Kobe played the last two seasons? Talk about missing the point, you weren't even in the right zip code. If that is repeated we have no star player for KD to want to come play with.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers Now An Enticing Destination For KD.

LakerJam wrote:
dreegking wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
Obviously from a money stand point the Lakers will be able to offer KD max money, but I didn't feel like from a team stand point we really have were that enticing as least more than his current team the Thunder.

Now I think that's changed.

Think of a lineup with Clarkson, Randle, Towns or Okafor, and Kobe will most definitely play another couple of years if Durant came aboard.

It'll still be his team and he won't have to fight with another alpha male in Westbrook. He'll get to lead a young, but very talented group of guys and play with one of his idols for a year or two.

Durant has never really played with a legit low post big man who can score on the interior and take pressure off him. In L.A. he'd be playing with TWO. Clarkson is nowhere near as good as Westbrook is obviously, but he's definitely a more natural point guard than him and he'll never have to fight Jordan for shots.

The Lakers will definitely be in contention for a playoff spot next year and with Durant they're unquestionably a title contender.

Clarkson
Kobe
Durant
Randle
Okafor or Towns.

Fight with Westbrook. He loves Westbrook. I fully expect he and Westbrook to form a dynamic duo for a long time.

I think Westbrook is leaving and actually wants to come home to L.A.

I think you are on to something.
richsmith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I love Kobe, but if he wants to stay with the team past this next season, two things need to happen:

1. He needs to accept a drastically reduced salary and not pout about it. If that doesn't work for him, then I am fine with ending his tenure in LA.

2. On the court he needs to play efficiently and play both ends of the court. We don't need a matador defender playing "Iverson style" low percentage chucker ball going forward, it was fine last season because the team was dead in the water from Day 1, but now it is time to play the right way.

If he balks at either of the two items above, then it is time for both parties to move on.

Spot on. I would add that he also needs to accept a lesser role on the court. He's not good enough to be a clear-cut first option anymore. Fewer minutes, less shot attempts and a reduction in ball domination will hopefully lead to the increased efficiency you mention. Hopefully his ego won't preclude him from settling into a secondary role.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I don't disagree with any of it. I just think it's ridiculous that people like he's washed up. I don't see any way Kobe isn't more efficient with a more balanced and more talented team around him. Teams are gonna be in a quandary with Kobe on the wing, Randle and either Towns or Okafor in the post, and Clarkson running the point.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

he has played 25% total of the games the past 2 seasons while making nearly $25m a year.
Lakers2015
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:44 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

How many games has Kobe played the last two seasons? Talk about missing the point, you weren't even in the right zip code. If that is repeated we have no star player for KD to want to come play with.

How is it Kobe's fault that we've had TWO head coaches run him into the ground by playing him an absurd amount of minutes?
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

Your Kobe hate let it run through you. I hope Kobe has great season to shut you up along with all the haters he done time and time again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Your Kobe hate let it run through you. I hope Kobe has great season to shut you up along with all the haters he done time and time again.

Dude this again? Let's just all enjoy what may be the end of one of the best nba careers ever. Just enjoy and don't worry.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:

If the Thunder gets knocked out early yet again, why do you presume KD will want to continue to flounder as part of a core that has had all those years together and has gotten nowhere?

Knocked out early again? Flounder? Gotten nowhere? The last two playoffs where both Durant and Westbrook were healthy resulted in a Finals trip and WCF's. If healthy, they will be a title favorite. Why would they suddenly get knocked out early or flounder if healthy when that clearly hasn't been the case? Do you expect one of them to have a season ending injury again?
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
LakerJam wrote:

If the Thunder gets knocked out early yet again, why do you presume KD will want to continue to flounder as part of a core that has had all those years together and has gotten nowhere?

Knocked out early again? Flounder? Gotten nowhere? The last two playoffs where both Durant and Westbrook were healthy resulted in a Finals trip and WCF's. If healthy, they will be a title favorite. Why would they suddenly get knocked out early or flounder if healthy when that clearly hasn't been the case? Do you expect one of them to have a season ending injury again?

New coach with no playoff experience? Bad role players like Dion Waiters? They will probably sign up Kanter too. I don't like their odds.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KD isn't getting excited about some rookie, what we do in free agency this offseason could be what impresses him.

Unless the rooks Randle and say Okafor can combine for 35 points and 20 boards, then even MR> Durant will need to pay attention.

Throw in the Lakers franchise history, play with one of his idols Kobe for a year or two, and Clarkson continuing to grow into a fringe all-star.....

Oh and yes, a FA glue guy like Draymond Green sure would make things even sweeter. I do not think the lakers need to bring in a Aldridge at 30 or a injury prone Love.

Clarkson
Kobe
Durant/Draymond Green
Randle/Draymond Green
Okafor or Towns
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
New coach with no playoff experience? Bad role players like Dion Waiters? They will probably sign up Kanter too. I don't like their odds.

How much playoff experience did Spoelstra have? How about Blatt prior to this postseason? If those guys are healthy they will be a title contender, no matter who the coach is.

They likely will sign Kanter. He gave them 19, 11 on 57% shooting last season. He isn't strong defensively and isn't a great rebounder, but he can score. If Randle or whatever C you draft 2nd (assuming) can give you 19 ppg on 57% shooting at any point in the next 4 years, I think you would be very pleased. Adams, Augustin and Morrow are also solid and they have a lotto pick this year. The Thunder are stacked, if healthy.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Lakers2015 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

How is it Kobe's fault that we've had TWO head coaches run him into the ground by playing him an absurd amount of minutes?

Are you serious? It wasn't the coaches making that decision. Kobe is in the injury prone portion of his career and physically he is over the hill. I don't think that is attractive to KD. But as someone said, Kobe will likely be retired by then.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Is reading really that difficult? Or do you think that Kobe has played 82 games each of the last two seasons?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Is reading really that difficult? Or do you think that Kobe has played 82 games each of the last two seasons?

It's irrelevant though, Kobe's contract will end after next season. I don't think KD will be looking at Kobe, but rather what other pieces are here for the long term.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

But if Kobe can play 60+ games next season, re-signing him for 2016 might tempt KD to decide to come to the Lakers. Kobe and any FAs we can bring in this offseason.
Nightwalker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Kobe contract ends after next season more likely this is his final season before he retires.
Money23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Durant wants to win immediately. Who on the roster will be a more impactful player than Westbrook or Ibaka by next summer? That's the magic question for any team trying to steal Durant. You are basically talking about a guy walking away from a top 5 player and another who is what, top 25-30 or so? I'd be shocked to see any rookie reach MVP status by next summer and I don't see anyone available to sign that's better than Westbrook either.

Warriors

Curry is top 3 player and more impactful than Westbrook and Klay is def 25 and have a better coaching staff and team than the Thunder, Add Durant to the Warriors and thats a GOAT candidate level team

Curry
Klay
Durant
Green
Bogut

seems illegal!!! but all possible
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Nightwalker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Kobe contract ends after next season more likely this is his final season before he retires.

But if he still has it I wouldn't mind bringing him back in 2016.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 7:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Kobe moves the FA needle much next year. Even if he gets through this season unscathed (and it will have to be at heavily restricted minute load and with something close to zero back-to-backs), there's little assurance he can do the same the following year at the age of 38.

It's the other players that will have to do the enticing. Whatever Kobe might give will be considered gravy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: