Is Randle the better player compared to Towns/Okafor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

6pts, 4rbs, 1st, 0.5 blks

39% FG

45% FT

And that's before his injury, I see randle as a poor man's Odom, worse shooter, less length, worse handles.

Obviously a career is made in the preseaon lol. Look Randle was and still is a rookie for the most part. What you try to gauge in preseason and summer league from a rookie is potential or flashes of brilliance. You don't define a career by a rookie's box score in the preseason. Should we go over the rookie preseason stats of guys like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, D-Rose, etc?

As I said, you should be trying to gauge potential based on actual watching what he does on the floor while the rookie gets acclimated to real game speed.

I know he was a rookie and basically still is, i am gauging Randle off what i have seen him do against NBA talent, and thus far he has preformed awful and been completely shutdown. Hopefully he will improve but he is coming off an injury so how knows. If you have the preseason stats for those guys rookie years then yes by all means post and compare them.

Explain to me how he is completely shutdown? Did you even watch the summer league games and preseason last year?
Interesting
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:44 pm    Post subject:

One thing I was looking forward to this past season -which will obviously have to wait til next season - is the epic upcoming battles between Randle and Blake Griffin... this will be a nice treat for us to watch for the next few years.. I'm picturing the playoffs Zbo v Griffin battles but on steroids as Randle will bring a younger more athletic bully ball approach... Here's to Randle throwing Blake around like a little rag doll four times a year!
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:46 pm    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

And that's before his injury, I see randle as a poor man's Odom, worse shooter, less length, worse handles.

Obviously a career is made in the preseaon lol. Look Randle was and still is a rookie for the most part. What you try to gauge in preseason and summer league from a rookie is potential or flashes of brilliance. You don't define a career by a rookie's box score in the preseason. Should we go over the rookie preseason stats of guys like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, D-Rose, etc?

As I said, you should be trying to gauge potential based on actual watching what he does on the floor while the rookie gets acclimated to real game speed.

I know he was a rookie and basically still is, i am gauging Randle off what i have seen him do against NBA talent, and thus far he has preformed awful and been completely shutdown. Hopefully he will improve but he is coming off an injury so how knows. If you have the preseason stats for those guys rookie years then yes by all means post and compare them.

Explain to me how he is completely shutdown? Did you even watch the summer league games and preseason last year?

summer league is against bums and rookies, preseason is when you begin to play against true NBA talent, i watched every preseason game and he shot 30 something percent from the floor and 40 something percent from the foul line, the guy struggled big time.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 11:54 pm    Post subject:

NBALakerLegends wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

Those numbers are incorrect.

He averaged 8.8 points, 5.8 rebs and 46% from the field in preseason.

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/10/27/7078717/top-10-impact-rookies-who-will-be-the-top-rookies-this-season

those stats are wrong..... these were his preseason and summer league stats

http://basketball.realgm.com/player/Julius-Randle/Summary/24301
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Randle is more talented the Towns. It's a close call between him and Okafor.
reverse them. Towns is more gifted. Randle willed UK to a title game when things were bleak, he's better than okafor. Okafor is going to be a kandi man like bust but I'm in a rare opinion
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
reverse them. Towns is more gifted. Randle willed UK to a title game when things were bleak, he's better than okafor. Okafor is going to be a kandi man like bust but I'm in a rare opinion
Oliver Reed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:00 am    Post subject:

Is Randle the greatest Power Forward of all time?
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

http://www.celticsblog.com/2014/10/27/7078717/top-10-impact-rookies-who-will-be-the-top-rookies-this-season

I thought we played 8 preseason games, there's only six on that list
Edit: yeah, it looks like the last two games are missing on that list, which coincidentally were the best two games he played in avg 14.5 and 8.5 rebs, put that into those numbers and you get the 8.8 pts and 5.8 rebs
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:10 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

Those realgm numbers are wrong and don't even add up to the correct number of games. The numbers NBALakerLegends posted are the correct. His numbers were still some of the best despite the slow start.
magic2mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Randle's handles aren't at Lamar Odom's level. Lamar Odom played point for the Clippers at one point. Randle will never be given that responsibility. He'll bring it up but he'll never orchestrate.

Mitch doesn't want to play Randle at the 3 but he KNOWS he could put him at the 3 for defensive purposes as Randle has the lateral quickness to keep 3s in front of him. But playing him there off ball to whoever the 4 is would be a major mistake.

Randle looked like a rookie in pre-season that didn't know what he wanted to do precisely yet and was still adjusting to the speed of the game. He showed flashes here and there however and those flashes are what people are excited about. For good reason.

I think what we have here is a difference in definition o f "handles". In on sense Randle definitely has more handles than odom b/c he can do more with the ball, but in another sense Odom does because he plays more in control. Once Randle gets himself under control, Randle wins this comparison.
scott12199
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

summer league is against bums and rookies, preseason is when you begin to play against true NBA talent, i watched every preseason game and he shot 30 something percent from the floor and 40 something percent from the foul line, the guy struggled big time.

If you watched every preseason game, you would know he shot 45.5% from the field and 50% from the line. I think you just hate Julius Randle. Is there a reason as to why you hate him so much?
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

If you watched every preseason game, you would know he shot 45.5% from the field and 50% from the line. I think you just hate Julius Randle. Is there a reason as to why you hate him so much?

why would me watching every preseason game correlate with me knowing his stats? i did watch every game, i watch all lakers games and pay 200 dollars every year to do so lol. The guy had a terrible preseason and flat out struggled.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:49 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

why would me watching every preseason game correlate with me knowing his stats? i did watch every game, i watch all lakers games and pay 200 dollars every year to do so lol. The guy had a terrible preseason and flat out struggled.

you really don't understand the point of the pre season for rookies, or what qualifies as a successful pre season for rooks.
Most rookies struggle no matter what age in their first times facing NBA competiton, but Jules was 19. A good pre season for rookies is qualified by how many times they flash, for stretches of games. Any full game that they put together is just a plus, not a necessity. Out of 8 games, Jules shot .500 or better in 4. That's very good for a rookie.
Also you look for improvement , as they get acclimated to this level of compeition and pace of play. Jules did that, he improved - very good sign. 3 out of his last 4 games he shot .500 or better. Including going 7/10 against the Kings, scoring 17 points in 24 minutes. And another game where he made 6/12 FGs and took the game over for a stretch.

lol You've been quoted in this thread saying that Jules got completely shut down. Half of his games were good-great, actually.

We really should stop feeding the troll, guys.
Justwar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:09 pm    Post subject:

Dave20 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Dave20 wrote:

Athletically yes.

Skill-wise? Towns is the better passer, shooter, shot blocker, defensive rebounder.
Towns is skilled for a C, but Randle is more skilled. Randle played all 5 positions in HS and is a point forward. Towns is a better shot blocker and shooter, but that's it. Randle was doubled teamed a lot more then Towns was at Kentucky.

Because Towns played on a better team. Your not counting defense enough.
Spirit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Oh, for goodness sakes. Julius played well in the preseason, but was most effective in the last two games when he got more minutes against Portland and Sacramento.

Denver: 27 minutes, 10 points (5-9 FG, 0-1 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 blk, 3 TOs

GS: 18 minutes, 12 points (4-12 FG, 4-7 FT), 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 0 TOs

GS: 19 minutes, 4 points, 2-7 FG, 0-1 FT), 6 rebounds, 3 TOs

Utah: 11 minutes, 4 points (2-5 FG), 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 TO

Utah: 20 minutes (8 points, 4-8 FG), 5 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 TOs

Pho.: 18 minutes, 3 points (1-5 FG, 1-2 FT), 2 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 TOs

Port.: 24 minutes, 17 points (7-10 FG, 3-4 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 stl., 1 TO

Sac.: 30 minutes, 12 points (6-12 FG, 0-1 FT), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 stl., 3 TOs
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:
Oh, for goodness sakes. Julius played well in the preseason, but was most effective in the last two games when he got more minutes against Portland and Sacramento.

Denver: 27 minutes, 10 points (5-9 FG, 0-1 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 blk, 3 TOs

Port.: 24 minutes, 17 points (7-10 FG, 3-4 FT), 8 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 stl., 1 TO

Sac.: 30 minutes, 12 points (6-12 FG, 0-1 FT), 9 rebounds, 2 assists, 1 stl., 3 TOs

This...
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:40 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

you really don't understand the point of the pre season for rookies, or what qualifies as a successful pre season for rooks.
Most rookies struggle no matter what age in their first times facing NBA competiton, but Jules was 19. A good pre season for rookies is qualified by how many times they flash, for stretches of games. Any full game that they put together is just a plus, not a necessity. Out of 8 games, Jules shot .500 or better in 4. That's very good for a rookie.
Also you look for improvement , as they get acclimated to this level of compeition and pace of play. Jules did that, he improved - very good sign. 3 out of his last 4 games he shot .500 or better. Including going 7/10 against the Kings, scoring 17 points in 24 minutes. And another game where he made 6/12 FGs and took the game over for a stretch.

lol You've been quoted in this thread saying that Jules got completely shut down. Half of his games were good-great, actually.

for 6 of the 8 games he shot under 40%, i watched him time and time again fail to get past his man and throw up wild shots, and that was before his injury.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Spirit wrote:

his last two games were good, but even 6-12 as a big man isn't nothing to write home about, i'd say he had one good game, one decent game and 5 or 6 bad games. He definitely gave very little to be excited about, or to show that he will be very good, let alone great. He is undersized with a weak jumper, hopefully he turns into a beast, i am just not sold on it.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Julius Randle is a better talent then both Towns and okafor Randle has a chance to be the most complete power forward in the game (post up,off the dribble,15-20 foot jumper,rebounds,assists,jab steps, step backs ,turn around jumpers) Randle has shown he has the strength and speed and quickness to be a problem(a bigger Charles Barkley).Okafor to me will be a very good center on both ends he has great footwork to go along with big hands,on defense he was the only big duke had so he had to sacrifice defense because he was to valuable on offense he reminds me of Al Jefferson.Towns will be a a more athletic Otis Thorpe (younger version) very solid defensive and offensive 4 and 5 a walking double double.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:55 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
Spirit wrote:

his last two games were good, but even 6-12 as a big man isn't nothing to write home about, i'd say he had one good game, one decent game and 5 or 6 bad games. He definitely gave very little to be excited about, or to show that he will be very good, let alone great. He is undersized with a weak jumper, hopefully he turns into a beast, i am just not sold on it.
I have no clue what you were watching. Randle was the only thing to be excited about.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:59 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

39% FG

45% FT

for 6 of the 8 games he shot under 40%, i watched him time and time again fail to get past his man and throw up wild shots, and that was before his injury.

He shot 50% in half the games.. Even Mayweather can read numbers..
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

LMFAO
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:43 pm    Post subject:

As for the thread title, who cares, we will have 2 of the 3.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

LMFAO

Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:

Go get yourself an appointment with an optometrist, dude.

Kiss my Converse.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: