The Houston Rockets are absolutely pathetic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
This whole thing started over the question of whether Dwight is a true champion.

I hear you. I have to admit anytime someone uses the word "true" as an adjective my eyes glaze over. I see it as a buzzword that means: "my subjective definition of how things should be is the only right definition, and everyone else is wrong."

In my view, if a guy wins a championship, he wins a championship. I am not interested in people who try to spin it so the championship doesn't really count because they dislike a guy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Reflexx wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Mindripper2000 wrote:

Replacing him with Artest was a short term gamble that paid off, but it cost us heavily in the long run. We are definitely paying the price today.

I'm not sure why people keep acting like that was a choice the Lakers made. Ariza walked.

Ariza was holding out for more money. He thought he was worth more than he really was.

Instead of just waiting, we signed Artest. Once that happened, Ariza couldn't play teams against each other and wait for a higher bid. So he ended up signing with the Rockets for the same amount of money that LA originally offered him.

He didn't really 'walk' as much as all his choices were taken away from him because his agent overplayed his hand.

And had the Lakers "waited" on Ariza and seen Artest sign elsewhere while they did so, thus losing out on both, they'd be ripped for blowing it with both guys.

The guy didn't take the Lakers offer, if that was the Agent's call, that still falls on Trevor. Who employs whom?
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Howard is avg 17/14/2.5 on 59% shooting, with excellent defense. I'll happily take that, even if he misses all his FTs. His value is still wayyyyyyyyyy net positive. Howard is balling this postseason, similar to last year.

However, Harden is playing like garbage every other game....
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
This whole thing started over the question of whether Dwight is a true champion.

I hear you. I have to admit anytime someone uses the word "true" as an adjective my eyes glaze over. I see it as a buzzword that means: "my subjective definition of how things should be is the only right definition, and everyone else is wrong."

In my view, if a guy wins a championship, he wins a championship. I am not interested in people who try to spin it so the championship doesn't really count because they dislike a guy.

Sounds right to me.

If he win a championship, you have to give him credit.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Howard is avg 17/14/2.5 on 59% shooting, with excellent defense. I'll happily take that, even if he misses all his FTs. His value is still wayyyyyyyyyy net positive. Howard is balling this postseason, similar to last year.

Howard is playing very well.

Give him credit.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Howard is playing very well.

Give him credit.

yep, seems to me once Rockets put Dwight on Griffin defensively BG wasn't as affective as in previous games.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

Dwight is not a true or false champion.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

Full credit to Dwight last three games for showing why he was so sought after. His team has no chance if he doesn't play well. Deserved all criticism for his 7-5 type games, but also deserves praise for this strong double-doubles to finish the Paper Clips series.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:37 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Steve007 wrote:

If this is directed to me I stand by I

I'm watching the finals. Dwight committed two TO's and smiled. He doesn't seem to care or fathom what it takes to win.

I take that as one who will never be a champion but will play on a trophy winning team.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Harden is balling right now.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject:

Curry just fouled Brewer and smiled. No mo true champ? =(
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Curry just fouled Brewer and smiled. No mo true champ? =(

Are you really comparing Curry to Howard?

I picked San Antonio and Cleveland to play in the finals. 1/2 is gone.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

Of course his value is way net positive. Look at how the Lakers have done without him.

I'm really beating a dead horse here but the game last night shows why I used to find him so frustrating when he was a Laker. He had 18 points and 17 rebounds, which is fantastic, but his team lost by a point, he missed a free throw with 4 minutes left, and he shot 3-7 from the line. It's hard to know for sure because we can't know how the game would have played out if he shot better from the line, but the possibility that this would be a 1-1 series if Dwight could hit free throws would frustrate me as a Rockets fan.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

lol The Rockets and the Clippers are equally pathetic, that's why they went to game 7. The battle of pathetic franchise.

Dreamshake, good luck on ever winning anything with a manufactured fake superstar and a soft crybaby as your #1 and #2 options. LOL
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

1 more from GSW. Although I don't count on any team not named the Lakers. But if the dubs pull it off I'll be happy. Not sure they beat the cavs though
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:26 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
1 more from GSW. Although I don't count on any team not named the Lakers. But if the dubs pull it off I'll be happy. Not sure they beat the cavs though

Why would they not beat the Cavs?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:

They're going to smoke the Cavs dude. This GSW team is like taking last 2 years Spurs team and putting that offense on steroids.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
22 wrote:

They're going to smoke the Cavs dude. This GSW team is like taking last 2 years Spurs team and putting that offense on steroids.

At this point, only GS can beat GS.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
lol The Rockets and the Clippers are equally pathetic, that's why they went to game 7. The battle of pathetic franchise.

Dreamshake, good luck on ever winning anything with a manufactured fake superstar and a soft crybaby as your #1 and #2 options. LOL

Would that make the Spurs equally as pathetic?
----> Western Conference = pathetic save for Golden State.
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:16 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Jackobe wrote:

Would that make the Spurs equally as pathetic?
----> Western Conference = pathetic save for Golden State.

Spurs won rings and the other two haven't won or haven't won in ages??
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:20 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Of course his value is way net positive. Look at how the Lakers have done without him.

I'm really beating a dead horse here but the game last night shows why I used to find him so frustrating when he was a Laker. He had 18 points and 17 rebounds, which is fantastic, but his team lost by a point, he missed a free throw with 4 minutes left, and he shot 3-7 from the line. It's hard to know for sure because we can't know how the game would have played out if he shot better from the line, but the possibility that this would be a 1-1 series if Dwight could hit free throws would frustrate me as a Rockets fan.

In a 1 point game couldn't you say the same about any guard that missed 1 ft, and player that had 1 turnover, missed 1 rotation, etc.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject:

If Hill had gotten the ball from Harden he wouldn't have passed it back he would have gone into a 1,000 jumpers a day mode and jacked it up.

LakerChampionTradition
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Last year Rockets got eliminated at the buzzer. This year likely a sweep.

Dwight 0-2 since cowardly leaving the Lakers.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

In a 1 point game couldn't you say the same about any guard that missed 1 ft, and player that had 1 turnover, missed 1 rotation, etc.

Of course you can.

But we're still bitter about Howard. =)
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Steve007 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Spin it however you want, but he's shooting 41 % from the free throw line in the playoffs.

That's not balling by any means.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14
Jump to: