Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

PhoenixForce wrote:
tom wrote:
Hill I believe is gone,but why trade Sacre? He's on a cheap contract and our new rookie big will need a back-up.

Because Sacre is pure trash. He doesnt belong in the NBA. We can easily draft a much better backup C with our 34th pick.

hmm, not sure about that.

More than half of the 2nd rounders don't usually even make to the league.

Sacre is not our backup C, he is our 3rd string C, he isn't completely awful for a 3rd string.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Thank you Phoenix force....has Sacre ever blocked a shot...I've seen several videos of him blowing lay-ups, getting dunked on, air ball shots...this guy is not an NBA player
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject:

exempt wrote:
so Lakers are drafting a center

Gasol is coming...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Lakervol
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Would like to see Davis and Black come back.

Would love for the Lakers to move up to take Justin Anderson of Virginia to play small forward
r41
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Report: Lakers Not Picking Up Option For Jordan Hill and Looking To Trade Robert Sacre

RhodyRay wrote:
r41 wrote:
There is no need to trade Sacre.
His contract is not guaranteed.
Simply waive him.

Why waive him if you can potentially get a draft pick or include him in a trade to move up in the draft. The Lakers 34th pick and Sacre to move up a few spots or both the 27th/34th & Sacre to move up in the 1st. Waiving a player for nothing is the last option.

You call it nothing, for me is maximizing available cap space for FAs.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Jackobe wrote:
PhoenixForce wrote:
tom wrote:
Hill I believe is gone,but why trade Sacre? He's on a cheap contract and our new rookie big will need a back-up.

Because Sacre is pure trash. He doesnt belong in the NBA. We can easily draft a much better backup C with our 34th pick.

hmm, not sure about that.

More than half of the 2nd rounders don't usually even make to the league.

Sacre is not our backup C, he is our 3rd string C, he isn't completely awful for a 3rd string.

He's terrible period. He shouldn't be in the NBA he flat out sucks.
Kobe24Magic32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Thank you Phoenix force....has Sacre ever blocked a shot...I've seen several videos of him blowing lay-ups, getting dunked on, air ball shots...this guy is not an NBA player
wyominglaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
Speculation or not, the Lakers will need to overhaul their front court simply because there will be too much redundancy.

I think the FO is going to try to lure Love to the Lakers and if that happens, which is a BIG IF, they will definitely need to make room for him.

Love is a 4/5 depending on the lineup and with a Center like Okafor or Towns coming in, he will more than likely be at the 4 spot, which IMO would mean Randle would have to slide over to the 3. I totally believe he can play the 3 in this league especially if he's slimmed down a bit, but it remains to be seen.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the lineup will look like this with Love being the only FA added, but obviously we have room to add more than just one.

Clarkson + Kobe + Randle + Love + Okafor

From a future perspective that starting lineup looks great, but from a playoff and contention perspective, too young and not enough time to gel.

I think they are 100% going after Love and I think there is a good chance we land him. Love knows what being in LA means to his brand, he knows we now have a potentially great C, Clarkson, Randle, and of course 2 more max spaces over the next couple years.

My question is where they see Randle fitting though. Clearly, they are VERY high on him. I can see Randle playing mins here and there at the 3 but to start at SF seems like a bad idea. I also assume they want to keep Black and Kelly so PF would be awfully crowded.

Unless they want to go and draft Russell, I'm curious how they'd make it work with so many guys at PF/C

Completely disagree. In listening to the Lakers speak of of Julius Randle, they are high on him and he is considered a building block. If they didn't want Randle, he would still need to play this year to show off his potential and maximize his trade value. Signing Love would destroy that.
wyominglaker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Told you guys Hill wasn't coming back.

Goodbye half ass bum.

Hmmm 99% of LG was pretty sure Hill wouldn't be coming back.

Exactly....not a stunning or unexpected revelation.
EldenCampbell
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:09 pm    Post subject:

tom wrote:

He's awful, even for an end of the bench player. He's been on the team the last two years because they have been trying to lose.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Haven't read the thread so excuse me if it's been said before. But the fact that Hill was one of our best and "go-to" guys for quite a bit of time and now is no longer needed is a harbinger of good days ahead!
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:13 pm    Post subject:

wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:
Speculation or not, the Lakers will need to overhaul their front court simply because there will be too much redundancy.

I think the FO is going to try to lure Love to the Lakers and if that happens, which is a BIG IF, they will definitely need to make room for him.

Love is a 4/5 depending on the lineup and with a Center like Okafor or Towns coming in, he will more than likely be at the 4 spot, which IMO would mean Randle would have to slide over to the 3. I totally believe he can play the 3 in this league especially if he's slimmed down a bit, but it remains to be seen.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the lineup will look like this with Love being the only FA added, but obviously we have room to add more than just one.

From a future perspective that starting lineup looks great, but from a playoff and contention perspective, too young and not enough time to gel.

I think they are 100% going after Love and I think there is a good chance we land him. Love knows what being in LA means to his brand, he knows we now have a potentially great C, Clarkson, Randle, and of course 2 more max spaces over the next couple years.

My question is where they see Randle fitting though. Clearly, they are VERY high on him. I can see Randle playing mins here and there at the 3 but to start at SF seems like a bad idea. I also assume they want to keep Black and Kelly so PF would be awfully crowded.

Unless they want to go and draft Russell, I'm curious how they'd make it work with so many guys at PF/C

Completely disagree. In listening to the Lakers speak of of Julius Randle, they are high on him and he is considered a building block. If they didn't want Randle, he would still need to play this year to show off his potential and maximize his trade value. Signing Love would destroy that.

If the Lakers do sign Love, Randle needs to be traded. It's the only sensible thing to do. Fortify another spot in our starting lineup. I'm wondering what kind of value he has. It's at a high right now, and like Harrison Barnes losing value when the Warriors got Iggy, it's only going to go lower when he's not getting the minutes.

Would the Kings or Magic give up their pick for Randle?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I'd trade Sacre for a cup of soup over at TGI Fridays...
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:34 pm    Post subject:

I think this is no news. We knew we r not picking up Hill's option & we have tried to trade sacre before as well
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:43 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

If the Lakers do sign Love, Randle needs to be traded. It's the only sensible thing to do. Fortify another spot in our starting lineup. I'm wondering what kind of value he has. It's at a high right now, and like Harrison Barnes losing value when the Warriors got Iggy, it's only going to go lower when he's not getting the minutes.

For Mitch he has star value, picks aren't going to get it done. And even if you sign Love you don't trade Randle. I swear some have the creativity of the guy who discovered beige.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

There are 144 minutes at the forward and center positions. Plenty of minutes to develop our young players and have some vets to push for the playoffs.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

For Mitch he has star value, picks aren't going to get it done. And even if you sign Love you don't trade Randle. I swear some have the creativity of the guy who discovered beige.

Nice little insult. Not surprised.

Love and Randle play the same position. There is no getting around that. There is no versatility to be had in lineups with two true power forwards, neither particularly good defensively. Love is not a Center, Randle is not a SF.

You're doing yourself a disservice by holding onto Randle after signing Love. If you're doing it as some insurance thing, that's one thing, but I'd rather avoid the half measures and go all out to win if we're going to sign a guy like Love who is in his prime.

You either buy into Randle or you sign Love. Anything else really doesn't make any sense, especially when Randle's value can only go down from where it is right now by having him play behind Love.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
I'd trade Sacre for a cup of soup over at TGI Fridays...

I think TGI Fridays have a little more pride than giving a cup of soup for Sacre.

I would trade Sacre for an expired BlockBuster gift card. At least the card would make a great coaster for my drink.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:58 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

There are 144 minutes at the forward and center positions. Plenty of minutes to develop our young players and have some vets to push for the playoffs.

Randle playing SF and Love playing Center. That might work actually work.

In a video game.
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:00 pm    Post subject:

KG24 wrote:
exempt wrote:
so Lakers are drafting a center

Gasol is coming...

for a visit
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
wyominglaker wrote:
2019 wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Love and Randle play the same position. There is no getting around that. There is no versatility to be had in lineups with two true power forwards, neither particularly good defensively. Love is not a Center, Randle is not a SF.

You're doing yourself a disservice by holding onto Randle after signing Love. If you're doing it as some insurance thing, that's one thing, but I'd rather avoid the half measures and go all out to win if we're going to sign a guy like Love who is in his prime.

You either buy into Randle or you sign Love. Anything else really doesn't make any sense, especially when Randle's value can only go down from where it is right now by having him play behind Love.
This will effectively be Randle's rookie season. He's on a dirt cheap contract. His value won't go down.

Keep him and comfortably develop him from the bench. Make him fight with Love to try to take that starting PF spot away.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:

Love and Randle don't place close to the same position. Randle is an attacker from the wing, Love plays in the paint or shoots long jumpers. Completely different, that is where the lack of creativity comes iin, just because there might be a "PF" next to their names it doesn't mean they play the same position. Mitch thinks that Randle will be a star so unless we get a star player in return, he won't be trading him.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

Love and Randle don't place close to the same position. Randle is an attacker from the wing, Love plays in the paint or shoots long jumpers. Completely different, that is where the lack of creativity comes iin, just because there might be a "PF" next to their names it doesn't mean they play the same position. Mitch thinks that Randle will be a star so unless we get a star player in return, he won't be trading him.

The position matters defensively, not offensively. I don't care how creative you get, Randle is not the guy you want guarding wings in this league and Love is not the guy you want guarding centers or being tasked with protecting the paint.

Construct a lineup where having both on the floor together doesn't equal us getting killed defensively.

You think you're going to take out teams like the Clippers/Rockets/Thunder/Warriors/Grizzles with Love playing Center and Julius playing SF?
HumanVictoryCigar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I'm curious, are you projecting Randle as an "Odom" type player, obviously, not exactly, but a big guy who can bring the ball up but also can get into the paint? Would Julius be happy letting others score with him getting say, 13-15 points/game? If Love leaves Cleveland, it's because he's tired of playing 2nd fiddle and wants the ball in his hands. Julius will want the ball in his hands too but if he's scoring and Love isn't, once again, Love isn't going to be happy.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:24 pm    Post subject:

HumanVictoryCigar wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:

I'm curious, are you projecting Randle as an "Odom" type player, obviously, not exactly, but a big guy who can bring the ball up but also can get into the paint? Would Julius be happy letting others score with him getting say, 13-15 points/game? If Love leaves Cleveland, it's because he's tired of playing 2nd fiddle and wants the ball in his hands. Julius will want the ball in his hands too but if he's scoring and Love isn't, once again, Love isn't going to be happy.

Having ball in hand is different then getting plays called for you. As long as love touches the ball and makes plays for his teammates he should be Ok
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7
Jump to: