Official 2015 Free Agency Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 755, 756, 757 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Kevin Love is only 26 too.

If that shoulder checks out, Lakers are going all out on him imo.

Hope the Cavaliers enjoyed the 1 year rental

I would be more worried about his back.

Good point. I didn't realize he had back problems as well.

It does seem he's been banged up over his career, but if he was in good shape physically, he is in the perfect age range.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:02 pm    Post subject:

lakers0505 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
lakers0505 wrote:
Kevin Love is only 26 too.

If that shoulder checks out, Lakers are going all out on him imo.

Hope the Cavaliers enjoyed the 1 year rental

I would be more worried about his back.

Good point. I didn't realize he had back problems as well.

It does seem he's been banged up over his career, but if he was in good shape physically, he is in the perfect age range.

The main point is he is not in good shape physically. He may be 26 years old but already having recurring issues and limited effectiveness due to back spasms. Add to that his average to below average defense makes me wonder if he is truly the best choice for the Lakers.

Also add in his expected max salary of $18M+. Leaves only approximately $6M to fill in the roster. Again, is Love the right choice at this time for the Lakers.

On a completely different question. If Love opts out and leaves the Cavs.

Would that be considered a worse trade then either the Howard or Nash trades?

Cavs gave up two overall 1st picks. Bennett is still a question mark but Wiggins is ROY and considered a future impact player.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Hope Love goes to Boston
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Hope Love goes to Boston

Honestly... I hope Minni drafts Okafor and Love goes back to Minnesota :p

Ricky Rubio
Zach LaVine
Andrew Wiggins
Kevin Love
Jahlil Okafor

:p
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bleacher Report SXMVerified account
‏@br_radio
Kupchak:"You have to show free agents that you are going to be winning here shortly. When July 1st rolls around, we have to be competitive."

LINK

Let's see what plan the FO has for the FAs.... because I'm pretty sure there gonna tell the management that they want to contend for a championship next year.
exempt
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:10 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
‏@br_radio
Kupchak:"You have to show free agents that you are going to be winning here shortly. When July 1st rolls around, we have to be competitive."

LINK

Let's see what plan the FO has for the FAs.... because I'm pretty sure there gonna tell the management that they want to contend for a championship next year.

Mitch don't play
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject:

It means they are likely trading their late 1st and early 2nd for some already established potential role players On teams that are stuck on place.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It means they are likely trading their late 1st and early 2nd for some already established potential role players On teams that are stuck on place.

I would love Taj Gibson on the Lakers, but I don't think the Lakers would take on his contract and hurt the FA cap flexibility.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:35 pm    Post subject:

K0BEE 2.0 wrote:
Quote:
‏@br_radio

LINK

So they will be targeting big name FAs. Hope we get Love/LMA.
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject:

I have a feeling Mitch is going to shop Randle.
nolookpass
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:42 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

This is what I keep thinking. I could see something like team option Hill plus the 27th pick to Miami for Luol Deng. You got your 3 and D player with whom you can win now and don't have to hope to strike gold with a SF rookie from the late first round. Also, I believe it would be wiser this time around to not wait on any big names, especially the RFAs like Leonard or Butler.

With regard to PG, I am still on the fence as to whether we should give the keys to Clarkson and back him up with someone like Mo Williams/Jordan Farmar/Ramon Sessions, or whether we should bring in Rondo.

I'm not too excited about Love as a player, but considering that he would probably flourish here feeling nice and cozy at home (a happy player is a good player) and considering the upcoming cap explosion, I am not totally against signing him to a reasonable deal. Randle would be best off the bench the first couple of years. Now if you got Deng for 10 million, getting Love becomes more difficult, but he might take a discount at least for one year.

Whether you go for Rondo or Love also hinges on whom we draft. Should we get Towns I think it would be very important to have someone who can throw lobs and plays at a quicker pace (Rondo). If we get Okafor floor spacing is of the essence and the tempo might be a little slower (Love). In the latter case, Clarkson must spend the whole summer practicing entry passes to the low post.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I think it's a mistake to trade the late 1st/early 2nd but it depends on who is left at that position and what they can trade them for. Having someone like Justin Anderson on a rookie contract would be invaluable.
K0BEE 2.0
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Retronikes - I wouldn't be shocked especially since he went on the radio and said he's completely healthy meaning he's willing to tell teams that they would get someone who would have a pro-long career with no injury issues.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Get me both greens diamond and Danny both good shooters both good defenders glue guy types. Following year add Westbrook and another player and this team would be ready
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:

Not likely at all. Mitch is crazy about Randle.

Even if he wasn't, trading him would be borderline stupid. Besides the obvious reasons, trading Randle while his trade value is very low is foolish.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Even if he wasn't, trading him would be borderline stupid. Besides the obvious reasons, trading Randle while his trade value is very low is foolish.

Agreed on both accounts. And even if trading Randle was an option, trading Randle when his value is low would be stupid.
PhoenixForce
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject:

RetroNikes wrote:

It would be foolish of Mitch not to shop Randle. I'm a big fan of Randle and I think he can be an all star player but I'd ship his ass out if the right trade came along. In team sports always go for the championship trying to go about things like the Sixers is a great way to stay a perennial loser.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Agreed on both accounts. And even if trading Randle was an option, trading Randle when his value is low would be stupid.

Value could be diminished by playing at a position he can't excel at next season, if small forward is the goal (FWIW, we saw how well that worked for Kelly). I'm not exactly sure it is "low" now anyway. He's still largely an unknown.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:10 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Value could be diminished by playing at a position he can't excel at next season, if small forward is the goal (FWIW, we saw how well that worked for Kelly). I'm not exactly sure it is "low" now anyway. He's still largely an unknown.

Mitch has gone on record saying that Randle will be played at his natural position at the 4 and once he excels there, they will mix him in at the 3rd spot. It's not like Kelly where he was played almost exclusively at the 3 for the majority of the season.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers would be in a perfect situation without Young & Kelly contracts on the book.

Enough for 1 of Love,Gasol,Aldridge,Jordan, or Dragic and enough to throw a 4y40m deal at a 3-D wing (Caroll,Green,Matthews)
JoJo Dancer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Thank you. Atleast see what you have first.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Mitch has gone on record saying that Randle will be played at his natural position at the 4 and once he excels there, they will mix him in at the 3rd spot. It's not like Kelly where he was played almost exclusively at the 3 for the majority of the season.

Mitch has said we're not signing Kevin Love? We have other bigmen who supposedly need to play the 4 too.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:24 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Mitch has said we're not signing Kevin Love? We have other bigmen who supposedly need to play the 4 too.

Since when can Randle not come off the bench? Randle is on a rookie contract. The guy has potential, and his value is low right now. It really wouldn't be smart to move him right at this moment if that's what Mitch wanted to do. Which I don't think he does.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

Since when can Randle not come off the bench? Randle is on a rookie contract. The guy has potential, and his value is low right now. It really wouldn't be smart to move him right at this moment if that's what Mitch wanted to do. Which I don't think he does.

His value is neutral now. I can't imagine anyone is docking him for a freak injury opening night.

And as I said the bench is crowded at that position too.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 1:28 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
Megaton wrote:
RetroNikes wrote:

His value is neutral now. I can't imagine anyone is docking him for a freak injury opening night.

And as I said the bench is crowded at that position too.

Randle is >>> than anyone else on the bench at the 4 position. If you think guys like Tarik Black, Kelly, Davis have just as much potential as Randle then you're delusional.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 755, 756, 757 ... 2524, 2525, 2526  Next
Page 756 of 2526
Jump to: