-- The 2015 NBA Playoffs Game Thread -- (Matchups Set, Page 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 715, 716, 717  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
I'm curious but why would anybody here really "hate" the Warriors?

Yes they are in Lakers division but they aren't our "rivals" by any stretch of the imagination. Nor do they have any unlikeable players on their team. Hell, they have have some Laker ties on their staff like Luke Walton and Jerry West.

And lastly, they just play beautiful basketball that's fun to watch and have exciting likeable players on the team.

I don't see anything to really hate the Warriors on.

I dislike all the teams in our division, but that is just me. They are the immediate threats to the Lakers. Lebron and the Cavs are in the east, they are not as big a threat to me? Maybe I'm just insecure for my Lakers?

my thoughts exactly, i just can't root for any team in Pacific division to start a dynasty.

Like Pot calling out Kettle.
Golden State is the best NBA team right now without the help of zebra men. What's not to dislike?

Besides, Jerry West is the man.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:12 pm    Post subject:

It seems to me, the hate for Lebron is in correlation to the threat to Kobe's greatness or something? IMO, it is hard to debate the GOAT. All the greats are not the same and bring different things to the table. Most of the top 5-10 players of all time are on the same level, just do different things.

I cannot like a team that will prevent my team from getting to the finals. Lebron or the Cavs cannot do that because they play in the east? Golden State may be really good for a long time, what happens when they whoop us in the playoffs? We will never even see Lebron in the playoffs?

You Laker fans better still like GS when they hand it to us in the playoffs in a couple years. Otherwise you are just hypocrites.
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject:

HeatCandela wrote:
Man both Teague and Dalladovedova need to be in a celebrity death match. Hate both these mofos.

Can somebody injure Dellavedova already? He's a punk who's out to injure other players. He's the Patrick Beverly of the East.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:

Yes they are in Lakers division but they aren't our "rivals" by any stretch of the imagination. Nor do they have any unlikeable players on their team. Hell, they have have some Laker ties on their staff like Luke Walton and Jerry West.

And lastly, they just play beautiful basketball that's fun to watch and have exciting likeable players on the team.

I dislike all the teams in our division, but that is just me. They are the immediate threats to the Lakers. Lebron and the Cavs are in the east, they are not as big a threat to me? Maybe I'm just insecure for my Lakers?

my thoughts exactly, i just can't root for any team in Pacific division to start a dynasty.

Golden State is the best NBA team right now without the help of zebra men. What's not to dislike?

This is hypocritical imo, as a laker fan, I must admit, Kobe has got some love over the years from the zebras.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

1. they're in our division, never want to see a division team kicks start their dynasty

2. Steph Curry is benefiting from today's soft NBA even more so than LeBron. Allen Iverson only wishes he plays in the league today instead of more than a decade ago when perimeter defense were aplenty and were not scrutinized

3. Klay Thompson is another one of those regular season all stars. he has proven that so far in past two years

3. GS' game plan is ONLY consist of high pick 'n rolls, that's it. it looks like LA Fitness pickup game only with better players, way better players

4. i will root for GS only if Draymond Green can close his mouth for once (literally speaking)

But again: divisions in the NBA are pretty pointless. And Warriors especially is the team that we probably have the least history against.

I don't know how that's true at all.

How is Klay being a regular season all star a note on hating the Warriors?

That game plan is pretty damn fun to watch though. It's better than freaking hero ball.

Forgive me but I find these reasons to be very strange to hate on another team for.

I mean with the Cavs it's pretty damn easy.

1. Lebron is the biggest, most egotistical, drama queen prick in the NBA.
2. His fans are borderline cancerous.
3. Dan Gilbert is the biggest twat owner in the NBA who lead the "charge" sort to speak in vetoing the CP3 to Lakers deal. Than becomes a hypocrite with having a big 3 of his own. (bleep) (bleep).
4. J.R. Smith is a wannabe thug.
5. Delondova or however you spell his name, is the new Raja Bell.
6. Mosgov is Russian, nuff said. (I kid )
7. The city of Cleveland is big pile of crap and all their fish have aids.
8. The team overall is not fun to watch at all, and they have nobody you can cheer for at all that's a "good guy" besides MAYBE Irving.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Buck32 wrote:
HeatCandela wrote:
Man both Teague and Dalladovedova need to be in a celebrity death match. Hate both these mofos.

Can somebody injure Dellavedova already? He's a punk who's out to injure other players. He's the Patrick Beverly of the East.

These guys only show up when they got a superstar or 2 in front of them.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

1. they're in our division, never want to see a division team kicks start their dynasty

2. Steph Curry is benefiting from today's soft NBA even more so than LeBron. Allen Iverson only wishes he plays in the league today instead of more than a decade ago when perimeter defense were aplenty and were not scrutinized

3. Klay Thompson is another one of those regular season all stars. he has proven that so far in past two years

3. GS' game plan is ONLY consist of high pick 'n rolls, that's it. it looks like LA Fitness pickup game only with better players, way better players

4. i will root for GS only if Draymond Green can close his mouth for once (literally speaking)

But again: divisions in the NBA are pretty pointless. And Warriors especially is the team that we probably have the least history against.

That game plan is pretty damn fun to watch though. It's better than freaking hero ball.

Forgive me but I find these reasons to be very strange to hate on another team for.

3. Dan Gilbert is the biggest (bleep) owner in the NBA who lead the "charge" sort to speak in vetoing the CP3 to Lakers deal. Than becomes a hypocrite with having a big 3 of his own. (bleep) (bleep).
8. The team overall is not fun to watch at all, and they have nobody you can cheer for at all that's a "good guy" besides MAYBE Irving.

It seems to me your hate for Cleveland is personal, you just don't like them. I don't take it personal. GS can cause immediate harm to our franchise's ability to win or get a decent seeding, Lebron or the Cavs really can't imo.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:

This is hypocritical imo, as a laker fan, I must admit, Kobe has got some love over the years from the zebras.
LMAO.
I dare to compare the LOVE for Kobe and that for Lebron.
Golden State did not prevent LA from going to playoffs. We met them like 4 times during regular season.
They are not the reason we missed the playoffs.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

3. Dan Gilbert is the biggest (bleep) owner in the NBA who lead the "charge" sort to speak in vetoing the CP3 to Lakers deal. Than becomes a hypocrite with having a big 3 of his own. (bleep) (bleep).

It seems to me your hate for Cleveland is personal, you just don't like them. I don't take it personal. GS can cause immediate harm to our franchise's ability to win or get a decent seeding, Lebron or the Cavs really can't imo.

Well duh. MY LOVE FOR BASKETBALL IS PERSONAL!

When has GS every caused any of that kind of harm to the Lakers? GS doesn't cause the Lakers to miss the playoffs and we only play them 3-4 times a year.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:

LMAO.
I dare to compare the LOVE for Kobe and that for Lebron.
Golden State did not prevent LA from going to playoffs. We met them like 4 times during regular season.
They are not the reason we missed the playoffs.

Oh but they will be
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

When has GS every caused any of that kind of harm to the Lakers? GS doesn't cause the Lakers to miss the playoffs and we only play them 3-4 times a year.

Oh but they will, it sure as hell won't be the Cavs. The only team that can take a top 4 seed away from us for the next 5-10 years is the Warriors imo.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:43 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

Oh but they will, it sure as hell won't be the Cavs. The only team that can take a top 4 seed away from us for the next 5-10 years is the Warriors imo.

Well they will or not, I'm just talking now and in the past.

Right now, the Warriors have zero effect on us.

In the past, on the top of my head, I really can't think of anything they have done to the Lakers.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

Doesn't matter IMO. The only # that matters is 17. The only successful season is one in which we win a ring and come closer to catching Boston. Losing in the conference finals is no different than the first round or the finals IMO. But I do agree that a lot of hate is on LBJ because Kobe fans, including me, don't want his legacy to surpass Kobe's. In the end though, top five type players, you can put a blanket over them. I don't LBJ is there though. He needs at least two more rings for that.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Talking all this smack about Ohio, do you guys realize how many Los Angelinos retire to a place like Ohio every year? There are alot of Los Angelinos that have migrated to the Cleveland suburbs. Oakland is just as much a dump, if not worse, just nicer weather.

And I am a Raiders fan, because LA does not have a team.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

Doesn't matter IMO. The only # that matters is 17. The only successful season is one in which we win a ring and come closer to catching Boston. Losing in the conference finals is no different than the first round or the finals IMO. But I do agree that a lot of hate is on LBJ because Kobe fans, including me, don't want his legacy to surpass Kobe's. In the end though, top five type players, you can put a blanket over them. I don't LBJ is there though. He needs at least two more rings for that.

I hate Cleveland more than I do Lebron actually.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

How many top 5, been to five straight finals? I don't even like Lebron, but got to give credit where credit is due.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

How many top 5, been to five straight finals? I don't even like Lebron, but got to give credit where credit is due.

5 straight finals in the post pathetic conference in NBA history. The East has been a joke for over 14 or 15 years.

Those Finals appearances means jack squat because of that, especially if you get your ass kicked by a real team in the Finals.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 10:58 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:

Curry and Golden State deserve the credit for the best team.
I don't see any team stopping them now other than injuries to key players.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

5 straight finals in the post pathetic conference in NBA history. The East has been a joke for over 14 or 15 years.

Those Finals appearances means jack squat because of that, especially if you get your ass kicked by a real team in the Finals.

Wow this really is personal. I thought I was the biggest Kobe fan, I get mad flack for even bringing up Kobe where I live, I have dealt with alot as a Laker fan living on the east coast. I do think however, you can say Lbj beat some crap teams to go to the finals, two of those teams crushed the Lakers by the way (Detroit/Boston), but it goes both ways. Lebron never played with a talent like Shaq either.

I don't want Lebron to surpass Kobe's legacy or whatever, but to me it is all moot anyway, I think all time greats are pretty much on the same level, it depends on many variables whether they win it all or not, most importantly health.

If the Cavs were healthy I would bet my life they would beat GS, but down two all stars, I give GS the edge. Steph is not half the player Lebron James is right now, and if you think he is, that is just pure hate imo. Thats like saying Lebron was better then Kobe back in 2008, 2009, or 2010, Lebron just wasn't back then.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:05 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

Curry and Golden State deserve the credit for the best team.
I don't see any team stopping them now other than injuries to key players.

The only thing stopping Lebron's Cavs from crushing GS is injuries imo.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:09 pm    Post subject:

LOL at Laker fans that ride other franchises jocks when the Lakers are losing. I just call it how I see it, I don't know Lebron James personally and I have no problems with the city of Cleveland. I could care a less who wins the NBA finals this year, I dislike them all.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

Oh, he's a top 5 type talent, no doubt. But no one cares about finals appearances, that's why Jerry West is haunted to this day. They care abut chips. I do think though, that of he wins another chip, he'll pass Bird to become the greatest SF in league history.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:
Megaton wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Megaton wrote:

i can name a few:

Wow this really is personal. I thought I was the biggest Kobe fan, I get mad flack for even bringing up Kobe where I live, I have dealt with alot as a Laker fan living on the east coast. I do think however, you can say Lbj beat some crap teams to go to the finals, two of those teams crushed the Lakers by the way (Detroit/Boston), but it goes both ways. Lebron never played with a talent like Shaq either.

I don't want Lebron to surpass Kobe's legacy or whatever, but to me it is all moot anyway, I think all time greats are pretty much on the same level, it depends on many variables whether they win it all or not, most importantly health.

If the Cavs were healthy I would bet my life they would beat GS, but down two all stars, I give GS the edge. Steph is not half the player Lebron James is right now, and if you think he is, that is just pure hate imo. Thats like saying Lebron was better then Kobe back in 2008, 2009, or 2010, Lebron just wasn't back then.

Have you met KBCB? Sorry, you don't crack top 10.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 12:37 am    Post subject:

"If the Cavs were healthy I would bet my life they would beat GS, but down two all stars, I give GS the edge. Steph is not half the player Lebron James is right now, and if you think he is, that is just pure hate imo. Thats like saying Lebron was better then Kobe back in 2008, 2009, or 2010, Lebron just wasn't back then."

That is just completely untrue. If you want to give LeBron an edge, that's fine, but we are talking about this season, not their entire careers, and Curry had an effective FG % of .594 this season with a true shooting % of .638, and led the NBA in both win shares per 48 minutes (.288) and VORP (7.9). Remarkably, 48% of the shot attempts he took this season were 3-pointers, yet he still shot 49% overall and an unconscionable 44% from downtown. LeBron's effective FG % was .535 and his true shooting % was .577. He had .199 WS/48 and his VORP was 5.9. I understand that LeBron is better at certain things than Curry is (like rebounding) and if you want to come at me with an argument of, well, he just passes my eye test as the better baller, I can get on board with that. (Also, interestingly, Curry has accumulated more defensive win shares than LeBron for the past two seasons.) But Curry is insanely good, and when comparing the two this season, if LeBron is the better player, it's only because you're not taking into account his pretty pedestrian (for him) start to the season, before he took that time off to magically heal in Miami (I'll just leave it at that).

And by the way, LeBron is having his worst postseason, statistically, since 2008. Curry's true shooting percentage is 14% higher than LeBron's this postseason, and Curry leads the NBA this postseason in win shares, win shares per 48 minutes, Offensive Box Plus/Minus, Box Plus/Minus, and VORP.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 am    Post subject:

Kidding me? Cheer on these Cavs? I want them to DIE. Guys like JR Smith and Dellavedova should be kicked out of the league. These Lequeer bed buddies can go to hell.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 715, 716, 717  Next
Page 338 of 717
Jump to: