Is Randle the better player compared to Towns/Okafor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Justwar wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
Randle is more talented the Towns. It's a close call between him and Okafor.
reverse them. Towns is more gifted. Randle willed UK to a title game when things were bleak, he's better than okafor. Okafor is going to be a kandi man like bust but I'm in a rare opinion

Towns willed Kentucky seriously? There is no doubt in my mind Kentucky was more talented then Duke. Okafor was their "only" big man?

Last edited by Tony Anapolis on Mon May 25, 2015 4:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 4:00 pm    Post subject:

I guess I am in the minority in actually wanting Randle/Okafor. That frontcourt could be unstoppable.

I think right now Randle is better then Towns, but between him and Okafor it is close?
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Lakers great32 wrote:
Julius Randle is a better talent then both Towns and okafor Randle has a chance to be the most complete power forward in the game (post up,off the dribble,15-20 foot jumper,rebounds,assists,jab steps, step backs ,turn around jumpers) Randle has shown he has the strength and speed and quickness to be a problem(a bigger Charles Barkley).Okafor to me will be a very good center on both ends he has great footwork to go along with big hands,on defense he was the only big duke had so he had to sacrifice defense because he was to valuable on offense he reminds me of Al Jefferson.Towns will be a a more athletic Otis Thorpe (younger version) very solid defensive and offensive 4 and 5 a walking double double.

Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 pm    Post subject:

If we're judging them by their college careers, I think Okafor might have the edge (being that he's 6' 11"). Towns and Randle may have been a toss up. However, after seeing Randle in Summer League and preseason and seeing a lot of skill that was not showcased at UK, it has become apparent that Randle may present more matchup problems at the NBA level than either Okafor or Towns. At the moment, I think Randle is the better player. Physically, he's already a load (ask Draymond Green). Most of us are expecting longer periods of time for Okafor/Towns to develop.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
I guess I am in the minority in actually wanting Randle/Okafor. That frontcourt could be unstoppable.

I think right now Randle is better then Towns, but between him and Okafor it is close?

They could be amazing on offense, but most are worried about the defense. Okafor has a great post game, Randle can post and is a threat to drive but "unstoppable" would be if Randle had great range and/or Okafor did too. Unstoppable is a strong word. I'd love to see those two work out, they'll really need some perimeter defenders that can shoot though. Lets be happy with their talent, put the right pieces around them and enjoy them getting to the playoffs in Kobe's final year.
Lakers great32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:47 am    Post subject:

Mege wrote:
If we're judging them by their college careers, I think Okafor might have the edge (being that he's 6' 11"). Towns and Randle may have been a toss up. However, after seeing Randle in Summer League and preseason and seeing a lot of skill that was not showcased at UK, it has become apparent that Randle may present more matchup problems at the NBA level than either Okafor or Towns. At the moment, I think Randle is the better player. Physically, he's already a load (ask Draymond Green). Most of us are expecting longer periods of time for Okafor/Towns to develop.

I agree 100% people tend to Judge Randle by what he did at UK he was made to play that way to help the team.Randle is a handful to deal with
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:10 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Tony Anapolis wrote:

They could be amazing on offense, but most are worried about the defense. Okafor has a great post game, Randle can post and is a threat to drive but "unstoppable" would be if Randle had great range and/or Okafor did too. Unstoppable is a strong word. I'd love to see those two work out, they'll really need some perimeter defenders that can shoot though. Lets be happy with their talent, put the right pieces around them and enjoy them getting to the playoffs in Kobe's final year.

These kids are young and teachable. Okafor gets a knock for his defense but for god's sake he's an athletic freak and in his young career has probably never had to work very hard on it. Given his athletic gifts there's no reason he cannot become the defender we need in the paint. Same thing for Randle. Athletic and smart and still very young and teachable. Combine the two and you've an unstoppable offense front line. Add a defense minded SF and look out.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject:

My rankings

1- Towns
2- Okafor
3- Randle

To have two of them will be awesome. We're talking one of the best PF and C prospects in the league. In a few years we could have what Memphis has in Marc Gasol/ZBo only in prime and possibly even better. We would obviously need a stellar perimeter player to be the top dog, but I'm excited about where the Lakers can be 2-3 years from now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vloblo
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:43 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
scott12199 wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
Rivershow wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
*___* wrote:
Julius Preseason stats:

19 mins a game

6pts, 4rbs, 1st, 0.5 blks

39% FG

45% FT

And that's before his injury, I see randle as a poor man's Odom, worse shooter, less length, worse handles.

Obviously a career is made in the preseaon lol. Look Randle was and still is a rookie for the most part. What you try to gauge in preseason and summer league from a rookie is potential or flashes of brilliance. You don't define a career by a rookie's box score in the preseason. Should we go over the rookie preseason stats of guys like Kobe, Lebron, Durant, Westbrook, D-Rose, etc?

As I said, you should be trying to gauge potential based on actual watching what he does on the floor while the rookie gets acclimated to real game speed.

I know he was a rookie and basically still is, i am gauging Randle off what i have seen him do against NBA talent, and thus far he has preformed awful and been completely shutdown. Hopefully he will improve but he is coming off an injury so how knows. If you have the preseason stats for those guys rookie years then yes by all means post and compare them.

Explain to me how he is completely shutdown? Did you even watch the summer league games and preseason last year?

summer league is against bums and rookies, preseason is when you begin to play against true NBA talent, i watched every preseason game and he shot 30 something percent from the floor and 40 something percent from the foul line, the guy struggled big time.

If you watched every preseason game, you would know he shot 45.5% from the field and 50% from the line. I think you just hate Julius Randle. Is there a reason as to why you hate him so much?

why would me watching every preseason game correlate with me knowing his stats? i did watch every game, i watch all lakers games and pay 200 dollars every year to do so lol. The guy had a terrible preseason and flat out struggled.

you really don't understand the point of the pre season for rookies, or what qualifies as a successful pre season for rooks.
Most rookies struggle no matter what age in their first times facing NBA competiton, but Jules was 19. A good pre season for rookies is qualified by how many times they flash, for stretches of games. Any full game that they put together is just a plus, not a necessity. Out of 8 games, Jules shot .500 or better in 4. That's very good for a rookie.
Also you look for improvement , as they get acclimated to this level of compeition and pace of play. Jules did that, he improved - very good sign. 3 out of his last 4 games he shot .500 or better. Including going 7/10 against the Kings, scoring 17 points in 24 minutes. And another game where he made 6/12 FGs and took the game over for a stretch.

lol You've been quoted in this thread saying that Jules got completely shut down. Half of his games were good-great, actually.

We really should stop feeding the troll, guys.

for 6 of the 8 games he shot under 40%, i watched him time and time again fail to get past his man and throw up wild shots, and that was before his injury.

The overrating of Randle in this thread is very real. Randle is a undersized PF at 6'7.75". When he played in the pre-season, he struggled to score effectively against greater length.
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject:

People have tendency to overvalue. If you offer minny Randle for their pick you think they would do it? Or for 3rd pick? Hope he turns out well but it's too early to say now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: