heard Collin Cowherd mentioned K Love will sign with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

KLS wrote:
Forget about Love. He won't go to non championship contender and his defense is not good to make up for Okafor. Get Thompson for cheaper. He is cleaning up the board for Cleveland but he probably won't be offered more than $13Million by Cleveland. Lakers can outbid Cleveland if Love stays with them. Thompson is much younger and can defend & rebound. He and Ed Davis will be great shot blocking bigs to help out Okafor and 'oldie' Kobe for their lack of defense.

Thompson is a restricted free agent, the Cavs can match any offer, and since he already rejected a 4-year, $52MM offer before the season started, and since he and LeBron have the same agent, and since LeBron publicly came out the other day and said that there's no reason that Thompson shouldn't be a "Cavalier for life"...see where I'm going with that? Yeah, he's staying with the Cavs.

And Love is not staying there, the writing is on the wall.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject:

I think that Minny will draft Okafor.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
A lot of people making an assumption that number 2 will be Okafor. Not saying it won't be, but it is still very much an assumption at this point. I don't think it is a given that Minni takes Towns.

I'm not advocating for Love, just pointing out that people are basing their arguments on the purely hypothetical.

This guy makes sense
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:00 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I don't think Love is a max player. He hasn't been very reliable down the stretch and his health is suspect.

We're going to have 2 young players with potential to be superstars. Develop them.

Kobe's time has come and is going. Use the money we're going to get with his departure to get some quality FA to go with what we have.

We were one the oldest teams in the league. Presently we're one of the youngest. We only have 3 players over 30. Kobe, Boozer and Price.

Patience it the key. Jim may have a plan. Give him a chance.

Love is a top 20 player in the league IMO, and certainly top 30. Just ask yourself, among the top free agents this offseason, who are we likely to get? Love easily makes the most sense, for various reasons.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
A lot of people making an assumption that number 2 will be Okafor. Not saying it won't be, but it is still very much an assumption at this point. I don't think it is a given that Minni takes Towns.

I'm not advocating for Love, just pointing out that people are basing their arguments on the purely hypothetical.

I think we are ending up with Towns because I think Saunders is in love with Okafor.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I don't think Love is a max player. He hasn't been very reliable down the stretch and his health is suspect.

We're going to have 2 young players with potential to be superstars. Develop them.

Kobe's time has come and is going. Use the money we're going to get with his departure to get some quality FA to go with what we have.

We were one the oldest teams in the league. Presently we're one of the youngest. We only have 3 players over 30. Kobe, Boozer and Price.

Love is a top 20 player in the league IMO, and certainly top 30. Just ask yourself, among the top free agents this offseason, who are we likely to get? Love easily makes the most sense, for various reasons.

I would say definitely top 30. I think we have a shot at Aldridge and Dragic this offseason. And there are also some good options if they want to go with fit, Danny Green and DeMarre Carroll among them. Love being injured when we would be pursuing him is a concern.
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:03 pm    Post subject:

I like the Thompson plan much better. I don't like big men who hang around the perimeter shooting 3s; we need rebounding and interior defense, not more scoring.

Mitch should try to get Lowry from the Raptors to shore up the pg position.

Another idea: Trade the #2 to Portland for Lilliard (can't hurt to try) and sign LMA.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I think we are ending up with Towns because I think Saunders is in love with Okafor.

We're in concert. I don't think we can go wrong with either.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Lets try #2, clarkson &27 for westbrook.

Today B Scott said he love Russ
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:41 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Dave20 wrote:
We could use that $22m on positions that we really need and some defensive help. Signing Love would be a huge mistake. We dodged a bullet with Melo, it'll be the same with Love.

Not quite the same thing. Love can do a lot more things than Melo can, who is essentially a volume scorer and not much else. But Love does have the injury issues, I can't deny that. I still think he's the most talented player we can realistically expect to get this offseason and I think he can get the ball rolling on getting other stars to come here in the next 2 offseasons.

Melo is better then Love. He's led the Nuggets to the playoffs every year and a trip to the WCF. Sometimes it's not all about talent but fit. Love isn't a good fit with the Cavs and wouldn't be for the Lakers with the two bigs.

He led the Nuggets to the playoffs in his prime and when he had a good knee. (And looking back, it's curious that Melo took the 5-year deal from NY last summer when he could have taken the 1+1 deal that LeBron did. Perhaps Melo knew he had a bad knee and wanted to just lock in what he could.) Look, I agree that Love has injury concerns, but at least he doesn't have a really bad knee. The bad back is an obvious worry for Love, though, as that could be the one thing that could become chronic for him. The other stuff, he's picked up nagging injuries, but nobody can say that this shoulder injury was the result of him being brittle. That was unavoidable. Most NBA players miss some games during seasons. It's the back injury that would scare me the most regarding Love. The shoulder injury isn't even to his shooting shoulder, it will heal, and he'll be fine in that regard. Love is a top 20 player. $19MM is third option money with the way the cap is going up. Plus, Love is almost certainly going to sign a 1+1 deal anyway. If he does break down, you aren't committed to him for that long. We have to take advantage of the cap space we have this offseason, no sense in punting it to next season, and Love is the best player we realistically have a chance to get. He would be our best player by a mile. And then the hope would be that we add a star or 2 in the next 2 offseasons and then, if he stayed, Love would be our third-best player. And this doesn't even take into account the possible emergence of Clarkson/Randle/top 2 pick. And if Love leaves, OK, now we have cap space again to pursue other stars.

Again, to echo something VLF said days ago, it's the back injury that is the concern with Love. Is that something that he can have surgery on and then that problem goes away, or is it going to be a chronic situation? We need to find that out. For example, Dwight had the back problem, had the surgery, and after a sluggish first part of his Laker tenure, his back has not been an issue. (Yes, he's naturally lost some athleticism, but his back is fine.) We need to find out if his back condition is easily fixable with surgery or if he just has a bad back that will always be a problem.

Great post.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
KG24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Have we given up on Julius Randle as the PF of the future already?

There are so many good players at the 2 and 3 in this year's free-agency pool that play both ends of the floor.

It's up to him to be the best... If he can't earn his spot, then Love should have it. You have to take it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I would say definitely top 30. I think we have a shot at Aldridge and Dragic this offseason. And there are also some good options if they want to go with fit, Danny Green and DeMarre Carroll among them. Love being injured when we would be pursuing him is a concern.

It is, and as you've pointed out, we need to find out what is up with his back. Can it be fixed with surgery, or is he just going to have a bad back for the rest of his career? And I do think we have a much better shot of getting Love than Aldridge or Dragic. If you look at each guy's individual circumstances...

--Aldridge is likely going to leave Portland because he's been there for 9 years and has gotten out of the first round once. So his motivation is to play for a team that he thinks gives him a better chance to win, and soon, since he's going to be 30 in July. He's also from Texas. I won't rule him out, but the Texas teams make far more sense for him.

--Dragic wants to play for a team that will push the tempo and play a more modern style of ball. That doesn't sound like Byron to me, although he has kind of let his PG's run the show when he's had a really good one. Still, though, Dragic would be leaving quite a bit of money on the table if he signed with us. He's not going to sign a 1+1 deal because he's not going to be a max player with the salary cap spike, and he's 29 so he is going to want to lock in as much money as possible. (He's "only" made about $30MM for his career and he can get well over $100MM from Miami in guaranteed money.) And when you factor in the difference in state taxes between FL and CA, he'd really be leaving a ton of money on the table to sign with us over Miami. And this says nothing of the possibility that Miami had a wink wink agreement with him to sign after they gave up 2 first round picks for him.

--Love, if he leaves Cleveland, is going to do so because he doesn't want to be marginalized as a player, even if it means a great shot at Finals appearances, and it certainly looks like he doesn't get along with LeBron. If he left, in other words, it appears that comfort level is important for him. Coming to one of the few teams with cap space, he won't be marginalized. And the LA connection with him is obvious. Since he's relatively young, I'll be interested to see if he takes the 1+1 deal. If he were to opt for the 4-year deal, that might suggest to me that he has serious concerns about his own health, and then we should have the same.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It is, and as you've pointed out, we need to find out what is up with his back. Can it be fixed with surgery, or is he just going to have a bad back for the rest of his career? And I do think we have a much better shot of getting Love than Aldridge or Dragic. If you look at each guy's individual circumstances...

--Aldridge is likely going to leave Portland because he's been there for 9 years and has gotten out of the first round once. So his motivation is to play for a team that he thinks gives him a better chance to win, and soon, since he's going to be 30 in July. He's also from Texas. I won't rule him out, but the Texas teams make far more sense for him.

--Dragic wants to play for a team that will push the tempo and play a more modern style of ball. That doesn't sound like Byron to me, although he has kind of let his PG's run the show when he's had a really good one. Still, though, Dragic would be leaving quite a bit of money on the table if he signed with us. He's not going to sign a 1+1 deal because he's not going to be a max player with the salary cap spike, and he's 29 so he is going to want to lock in as much money as possible. (He's "only" made about $30MM for his career and he can get well over $100MM from Miami in guaranteed money.) And when you factor in the difference in state taxes between FL and CA, he'd really be leaving a ton of money on the table to sign with us over Miami. And this says nothing of the possibility that Miami had a wink wink agreement with him to sign after they gave up 2 first round picks for him.

--Love, if he leaves Cleveland, is going to do so because he doesn't want to be marginalized as a player, even if it means a great shot at Finals appearances, and it certainly looks like he doesn't get along with LeBron. If he left, in other words, it appears that comfort level is important for him. Coming to one of the few teams with cap space, he won't be marginalized. And the LA connection with him is obvious. Since he's relatively young, I'll be interested to see if he takes the 1+1 deal. If he were to opt for the 4-year deal, that might suggest to me that he has serious concerns about his own health, and then we should have the same.

Well said. 100% in agreement which is why I never mention Dragic or LMA.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Jim99187"]Lets try #2, clarkson &27 for westbrook.

Today B Scott said he love Russ[/quote

How about NO
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I have heard that the FO is pretty confident that Aldridge will consider the Lakers. I know that is far from him wanting to come here, but all you can ask is for the chance to make your pitch.
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I personally dont think Love is a max-deal player. (and certainly dont think he should be the main star of a franchise, atleast not the Lakers). Hes really good, and can fill up the stat sheets, but I dont think he has the mentality to be "the man". I hope FO doesnt throw the max his way.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:40 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

care to explain why? the lakers will do that deal any day and twice on Sundays
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:54 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I have heard that the FO is pretty confident that Aldridge will consider the Lakers. I know that is far from him wanting to come here, but all you can ask is for the chance to make your pitch.

Oh I'm with you on that. You have to make your pitch and do your due diligence. And I'd rather have him than Love simply because Aldridge is a much better bet to stay healthy, and even though he's a little older, he is a good bet to age well based on his style of play. To me, though, we would probably have to do something like swing a trade for Cousins or another star this offseason to get Aldridge to consider us. And then sell him on not just the fact that we're the Lakers (which doesn't quite have the same allure that it once did), but that we'll have two stars in place plus a ton of cap space next year (more than most teams due to Kobe's expiring) moving forward.

Still see Love as a Laker, though.
67ShelbyGT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:05 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

If Flip has is way that seems very possible. Glen Taylor may override at KGs word and go with Towns.
Dave20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Minny will take Towns. Fits what they wanna do with Wiggins/Lavine. There's also Taylor and KG to give their opinion. Okafor fits what the Lakers are trying to do offensively with horns. Okafor will be a Laker.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

Because if we really wanted Westbrook, we can just sign him in 2017.

It's a bad deal that would hurt the Lakers future. Not to mention doing that deal would wreck any chance of signing any good free agents this season.

We can easily just get him without giving up anything. What's the rush?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

It's a bad deal that would hurt the Lakers future. Not to mention doing that deal would wreck any chance of signing any good free agents this season.

And OKC wouldn't do that. They know this could be their last legit run at a championship with Durant heading into free agency. They are going to try to load up one last time and swing for it. As they should.
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

U know 2017 is 2 yrs from now right? Doing that trade doesnt wreck anything. We can still sign a max if we go the same route as Cavs did with wiggins
Jim99187
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

And OKC wouldn't do that. They know this could be their last legit run at a championship with Durant heading into free agency. They are going to try to load up one last time and swing for it. As they should.

All Russ has to do is say I want to be traded. Read somewhere is was not that happy about not getting consulted for their HC position.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Jim99187 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:
ksmgf wrote:
Jim99187 wrote:

How about NO

All Russ has to do is say I want to be traded. Read somewhere is was not that happy about not getting consulted for their HC position.

He doesn't have a choice no matter what he thinks right now. He has two years on his contract.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Page 17 of 27
Jump to: