Race of Rachel Dolezal, head of Spokane NAACP, comes under question
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Race of Rachel Dolezal, head of Spokane NAACP, comes under question

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/12/us/washington-spokane-naacp-rachel-dolezal-identity/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:37 am    Post subject:

Seems like a Dave Chappelle skit ala Clayton Bigsby mixed with some South Park logic "Transracial" hmmm.

Now her sanity will be called into question. What a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
Seems like a Dave Chappelle skit ala Clayton Bigsby mixed with some South Park logic "Transracial" hmmm.

Now her sanity will be called into question. What a tangled web we weave when we first practice to deceive
She does seem like a caricature.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

I love it. Life just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

love that one.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:26 am    Post subject:

She lied to get into a position of power.....she's no different from any other power hungry politician.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

Is she a transracial?
Reflexx
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject:

Did she use her claimed race to gain advantages in college admissions?
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:55 am    Post subject:

She looks black to me
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
She looks black to me

Power of makeup.
easybreeze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject:

Mommy seem to have a bit of American indian judging by the folds at the corner of her eyes.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject:

She's just waiting and saving up for her future surgery aka the Reverse Michael Jackson Special. Then she'll reveal herself to the world in her new true identity as N'Shaqueesha Dolezal.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:53 am    Post subject:

I've been here a whole lotta years. This is the first time I've ever heard of anyone trying to pass for Black.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
She's just waiting and saving up for her future surgery aka the Reverse Michael Jackson Special. Then she'll reveal herself to the world in her new true identity as N'Shaqueesha Dolezal.

angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Is she a transracial?

In the Deep South, would that necessitate a separate restroom?
Nordvader
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:16 am    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:

"You ever heard of vitiligo? Shoot, well I got revitiligo. Every year my skin seems to get blacker, and darker, and blacker, and then more darker. It's the opposite of what Michael Jackson's got, lucky bastard."

-Uncle Ruckus
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Is she a transracial?

She's transRachel.
-Avenue of the Champions- -RIP Dr Buss- #824
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject:

http://www.metatube.com/en/videos/165662/WHITE-LIKE-ME/

;)

Classic Eddie Murphy. One of the first ever transracials.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject:

I think it's hilarious listening to news anchors fumble this story. "Uh er...can you tell me WHY someone would want to be a ... er... minority? I mean, er, historically blacks wanted to be white for privileges but why the other way, er...around?"

That literally just happened on CNN about ~20 minutes ago.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:10 pm    Post subject:

PrairieAve wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Is she a transracial?

She's transRachel.

That's a meme right there.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Dolezal was raised alongside the four black children her parents adopted. She later spent a great deal of time in black communities during college, attending graduate school at Howard University, which is referred to as the “Mecca” for its central place in black scholarship.

Dolezal’s story extreme, but not an unheard-of one. The 1990s saw the rise of self-identifying “wiggers,” and roughly 70 to 75 percent of the people buying rap music during those years were white.

Walter White, born in 1893. Blue-eyed, blond-haired with fair skin, the product of Atlanta’s black community had more white ancestors than black, according to some accounts. And he saw himself as black, though he passed as white to enable his travels through the South, investigating lynchings and hate crimes. Later in life, he married a white woman and was forced to defend himself against accusations that he was white passing as black — all while serving as the national head of the NAACP from 1931 to 1955.

Passing as Black
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
Dolezal was raised alongside the four black children her parents adopted. She later spent a great deal of time in black communities during college, attending graduate school at Howard University, which is referred to as the “Mecca” for its central place in black scholarship.

Dolezal’s story extreme, but not an unheard-of one. The 1990s saw the rise of self-identifying “wiggers,” and roughly 70 to 75 percent of the people buying rap music during those years were white.

Walter White, born in 1893. Blue-eyed, blond-haired with fair skin, the product of Atlanta’s black community had more white ancestors than black, according to some accounts. And he saw himself as black, though he passed as white to enable his travels through the South, investigating lynchings and hate crimes. Later in life, he married a white woman and was forced to defend himself against accusations that he was white passing as black — all while serving as the national head of the NAACP from 1931 to 1955.

Passing as Black

Interesting that her parents didn't mention that.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject:

[quote="Aussiesuede"][quote]

Walter White, born in 1893. Blue-eyed, blond-haired with fair skin, the product of Atlanta’s[quote]

Heisenberg...
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:45 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Passing as Black

I am not sure why that would matter, being raised along with adopted black children wouldn't make her any less blonde hair and blue eyed. I can see where people would be upset if she lied on her Federal application, but if she isn't really black, would that make her less of a leader? If she has been successful to this point, what do people expect to change?
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:50 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:

Passing as Black

I am not sure why that would matter, being raised along with adopted black children wouldn't make her any less blonde hair and blue eyed. I can see where people would be upset if she lied on her Federal application, but if she isn't really black, would that make her less of a leader? If she has been successful to this point, what do people expect to change?

Maybe it does and maybe it doesn't. But since her parents felt compelled to give an interview about the subject matter, it seems that full disclosure of this woman's seeming bizarre behavior would have been made.

In fact, the article makes the point, which I haven't thought through quite yet, that this woman seems to have been inculcated into the mental/psychological leap she has made, to the point that she may not be able to see herself as NOT black. Her upbringing surely would then have some bearing on the issue of how she arrived at that place.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: