*OFFICIAL* 2015 NBA Draft Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject:

1 Okafor Defensive Stop against Mudiay last year.

Big difference against Chinese defenders.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject:

I know Kris Dunn isn't in this draft and the Lakers won't get him next year..

But he's working with God Shammgod on ball-handling for pete's sake.

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:46 am    Post subject:

If anything observations on Mudiay were the reason why I was so excited for Kris Dunn.

0:04 - Pulls up on balance for midrange shot after screen.
0:15 - Gets defensive switch, in-out dribble drives by bigger defender and finishes under light contact.
0:50 - Clear breakaway speed in transition.
1:01 - Slows down to create separation from teammates in transition.
1:13 - Pin point post entry bounce pass for a quick hit in semi transition.
1:20 - High screen/roll. On balance mid-range jumpshot.
1:41 - High screen, pulls up from mid-range and hits with 2 defenders contesting.
1:50 - Drives baseline, gets by on a quick first step, met with contact, follows up and finishes among trees.
2:07 - Elite PG defense fighting over screen and forcing turnover, excellent lateral quickness.
3:07 - What it means to defend the perimeter on a passing situation and use length without being a defensive liability.
3:21 - Finish under contact

There's an obvious difference in defensive size, contact, athleticism that Dunn is facing in contrast to Mudiay, yet Dunn has great quickness, some breakaway speed, all of the passing skills, money mid-range jumper, and excellent physical tools with defensive IQ.

There's plenty more where that came from when it comes to his highlight reels too.

Ugh. But he's not a Laker PG.

Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 9:44 am    Post subject: Re: Mudiay

Mike@LG wrote:
Mege wrote:
Not sure if these videos have been posted. Contrary to what has been said about on these boards, Mudiay has shown elite level speed and athleticism in China. He's also shown that he can get around defenders when forced to his left (contrary to the Upsidemotor story posted here that claimed he doesn't possess breathtaking speed and is easily shut down when forced left).

CBA Highlights up until the ankle injury

Mudiay's CBA playoff comeback

1st video notes:
His ability to finish through contact is on display here. Note his body control and level of concentration after he receives contact. These are grown men putting bodies on him
0:52 - Athleticism on display
0:58 - Mudiay is forced left on 3 consecutive highlights where he:
Gets around defender and finishes with a pull up
Gets around defender, into the paint, goes back to right and finishes with right-handed layup
Gets around defender, goes back to right and makes pull up at the top of the key.
1:17 - he starts right then goes left and finishes with left hand.
1:35 - Burst of speed on display as he creates separation after a steal and finishes with 2 hand reverse jam.
1:41 - more athleticism on display as he goes up over big to battle for a rebound
2:17 - Posts up defender, drop step and finishes with layup.
2:25 - Going left again, gets into paint, splits double team and finishes with left.

2nd video notes:
0:06 - More athleticism on display as he attacks closeout, goes baseline and finishes with reverse layup.
0:45 - In transition, goes left and finishes with left hand layup.
1:18 - loses defender going left again and finishes with right hand layup.
1:38 - gets into paint, freezes Marbury with a jab step and pass fake then finishes with left.
1:54 - Forced left, gets around defender, finishes with left.

0:52 - Shows good speed. Vert is average. Dunk on wingspan.
0:58 - Chinese defenders, 1st play, goes around defender and takes a tough bank shot. 2nd play. Shows excellent body control with hesitation and ball-handling, against smaller, slower defenders, makes decision, takes shot. 3rd play. Chinese defender. Splits the hedge on a Pick and roll, takes fadeaway jumpshot from 15'. At the NBA level, the hedge is harder, the pick is set farther away, and the shot is 18'+.
1:18 - Chinese defender is already late to position as Mudiay starts his drive. Freeze the screen at 1:18. PG defender doesn't body up Mudiay. Lane is WIDE open for 3'. Hedge defender isn't between him and the basket; soft faint defense. Doesn't power finish when he has wide open lane.
1:35 - Once again, good, not great speed. Average vert. Body control. Dunk on wingspan.
1:41 - Didn't body up rebounder, just used hands and wingspan to steal the ball.
2:17 - WAY smaller defender, not strong, not quick.
2:25 - Help defender is way out of position, Mudiay has wide open lane. Finesse finish.

1st set observation - Mudiay has physical tools to play at the NBA and uses them over smaller, less athletic defenders. He displays excellent body control with ball-handling/hesitations/splitting double teams, but does not maximize vert to finish at the cup. Jump shots for him are wide open and rarely contested. NBA defenses will body up/tighten the gaps, along with additional strength, length, and quickness.

2nd video
0:06 - NBA caliber move baseline. Elite NBA athletes opt to dunk in that situation. Considering McGrady, Kobe, and VC are of similar size, he opts for body control reverse layup. Very good, not elite athleticism.
0:45 - NBA move in transition, good finish with left hand
1:18 - Slow chinese defender actually set a screen on Mudiay's defender.
1:22 - Mudiay in transition. Marbury gives up 4' in the painted area. PG defenders in transition at the NBA level are expected to slow/stop opponents at the FT line or 3pt. line. Too easy.
1:54 - NBA move. Clarkson's move on PnR. Sees switch, uses immediate change of direction before defender sets, attacks basket.

Second video observations - Mudiay once again shows great body control, but does not explode to finish at the basket. He isn't seeing NCAA physicality-type of defense, but uses solid quickness, ball-handling, and wingspan to complete his plays.

Thanks for looking at that Mike. Your input is appreciated.
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:24 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
1 Okafor Defensive Stop against Mudiay last year.

Big difference against Chinese defenders.

That's impressive defense.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject:

What is your draft board so far Mike? Top 34
onemoretime222
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject:

d'angelo russell best player in the draft
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 3:44 pm    Post subject:

1. Jahlil Okafor
2. Karl Towns
3. D'Angelo Russell
4. Justise Winslow
5. Mario Hezonja
6. WCS
7. Kristaps Porzingis
8. Stanley Johnson
9. Emmanuel Mudiay
10. Kelly Oubre

11. Frank Kaminsky
12. Jerian Grant
13. Myles Turner
14. Trey Lyles
15. Cameron Payne
16. Justin Anderson
17. RHJ.
18. RJ Hunter
19. Tyus Jones
20. Devin Booker

21. Montrezl Harrell
22. Christian Wood
23. Kevon Looney
24. Bobby Portis

25. Sam Dekker
26. Delon Wright
27. Chris McCullough
28. Star Wars
29. Rakeem Christmas

30. Jordan Mickey
31. Joseph Young
32. Guillermo Hernangomez
33. Norman Powell
34. Cliff Alexander

onemoretime222
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject:

what shoes was d'angelo russell wearing at the weigh in...them joints gave him 1.75 inches in height!

http://s18.postimg.org/hwupdtfb9/CE5_Pdgl_UUAIYP5_S.jpg

This is the best I can find but I can't see it because someone has these breds in the way!

Anyone know or can help me out
Mege
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject:

1. Jahlil Okafor
2. Emmanuel Mudiay
3. Karl Anthony Towns
4. WCS
5. D'Angelo Russell
6. Justise Winslow
7. Mario Hezonja
8. Trey Lyles
9. Stanley Johnson
10. Devin Booker

11. Kelly Oubre
12. Kristap Porzingis
13. Frank Kaminsky
14. Justin Anderson
15. Tyus Jones
16. Jerian Grant
17. Sam Dekker
18. Kevon Looney
19. Myles Turner
20. Robert Upshaw

21. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
22. Montrezl Harrell
23. Norman Powell
24. Rakeem Christmas
25. Bobby Portis
26. Andrew Harrison
27. Delon Wright

28. George Lucas
29. J.P. Tokoto
30. Terry Rozier
31. Jarell Martin
32. Anthony Brown
33. Timothe Luwawu
34. Joseph Young
Freakout
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Delon Wright remind anyone else of Larry Hughes?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:31 pm    Post subject:

1. Karl Towns
2. D'Angelo Russel
3. Jahlil Okafor
4. Willie Cauley-Stein
5. Mario Hezonja
6. Justise Winslow
7. Emmanuel Mudiay
8. Cameron Payne
9. Frank Kaminsky
10. Myles Turner

11. Stanley Johnson
12. Kristaps Porzingis
13. Delon Wright
14. RH Hunter
15. Devin Booker
16. Justin Anderson
17. Jerian Grant
18. Kelly Oubre
19. Tyus Jones
20. Richaun Holmes

21. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson
22. Trey Lyles
23. Aleksandar Vezenkov
24. Rakeem Christmas
25. Christian Wood
26. Mouhammadou Jaiteh
27. Montrezl Harrell
28. Norman Powell
29. Anthony Brown
30. Sam Dekker

31. Cliff Alexander
32. Kevon Looney
33. Bobby Portis
34. Andrew Harrison
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:36 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:

That's not too bad, both can do a lot of things but have bad jumpers. I can't remember anyone sagging off of Hughes the way they do Delon, Wright has better court vision but yea I can see it.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:45 am    Post subject:

Freakout wrote:

No. Hughes was on a higher level athletically, as raw as he was.

I think Caris Levert is the superskilled/IQ version of Larry Hughes. Similar qualities of length, quickness, speed, vert.

dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject:

No Upshaw on those list? The heart red flag plus the other issues could cause a huge fall

Would be well worth the risk in the 2nd round
Lakersfield
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject:

From what I hear you want no part of Upshaw.
44TheLogo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 3:27 pm    Post subject:

I've been trawling the video sections of other teams in the lottery for draft workout vids that had actual basketball footage rather than interview footage for prospects I was interested in and found the following:

Oubre workout -
http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/teams/hornets/2015/06/11/150611KellyOubreHLmov-3619025

RJ Hunter workout
http://www.nba.com/hornets/2015-draft-workouts-r.j.-hunter-06/08/15#

Kevon Looney workout-
http://www.nba.com/hornets/video/teams/hornets/2015/06/15/150615KevonLooneyHLmov-3622602

Cam Payne + Caulie Stein workout -
http://www.nba.com/kings/video/teams/kings/2015/06/11/SteinCameronWorkout61115HDmov-3619441
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject:

George Karl talking about Willeh after his workout. Thinks his O will be better in the NBA, said Willeh struggled in crowds on O in college(nail on the head), thinks people will be surprised with his offensive game(we hear this consistently about WCS)
Also said it's basically a priority to get better at defending the rim.
I think WCS is very high up on their draft board. If Mudiay is there at 6, not sure they take him over WCS. 50/50
Collison
Mclemore
Gay
WCS
Cousins
Has a very good mix of O and D. If they want to win now more than anything,they take WCS. If they want to wait on Mudiay's upside, they take him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:21 pm    Post subject:

Easier way to track my list.

1. Jahlil Okafor - Billion Dollar Hands. MAX contract post skills. Needs FT shooting, defensive intensity, range.

2. Karl Towns - Very good athlete, most versatile big. Guard skills in a 7' package, without elite refinement.

3. D'Angelo Russell - If Dwyane Wade traded athleticism for court vision? Tremendous hands, ball-handling; elite court vision.

4. Justise Winslow - I think of him as the "All American", great size, strength, athleticism, finishing, unselfishness, elite defender. Just needs a jumper.

5. Mario Hezonja - The second most explosive player in the lottery. The best shooter outside of Devin Booker, only stronger, taller, better shot creator, against tougher competition. Could be the "Vince Carter" pick, where the explosiveness was obvious, and so was the shooting, yet, slipped in the draft for whatever reason.

6. Willie Cauley-Stein - Most upside in the lottery. Elite athlete. Elite size. Elite defense. 4/10 offensive skill.

7. Kristaps Porzingis - Still think of him as Gallinari. Will flat out shoot over defenders and have his jumpshot set up any two-step long stride drives. Questionable strength/base/frame has him slipping down. Big risk. Big reward.

8. Emmanuel Mudiay - Very good athlete with triple threat skills. Read he had issues with basic offensive concepts, but very good athleticism and great ball-handling go A LONG way in terms of projected upside. Biggest PG of the draft, nearing 220-230. Body control.

9. Stanley Johnson - The Mudiay of the SF spot. Strong, tremendous defensive intensity. Solid jumpshot. Needs better ball-handling/decision-making. Would be a killer 3-D player.

10. Cameron Payne - Skinny Dragic.

11. Kelly Oubre - Slips due to inconsistent motor, but very good athlete, wiry, wingspan. Streaky jumpshot, forces turnovers. Could be an absolute stud defender.

12. Jerian Grant - One of my favorite remaining guards on the draft. Slips because of his age, but he's a PG in a SG body, shoots 57% from 2-point range, has a 37%+ assist rate, solid steal rate, strong, very athletic, great height. Perfect next to another combo-guard. IMHO, underrated. Worst case 6'6" Sedale Threatt.

13. Trey Lyles - Umm. Carlos Boozer, with more range.

14. Frank Kaminsky - All of the skills, average athlete. Self-made player, but wingspan HURTS stock.

15. Myles Turner - Reminds me of Channing Frye. Hips. Gait.

16. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Favorite defender of the draft. Think he would excel most in a Thaddeus Young Stretch-4 role, playing off the ball and scoring off cuts instead of needing to rely on range for spacing. Can defend PF through PG. Really.

17. Justin Anderson - 3-D with length and some explosiveness. Ball-handling and mid-range game need work.

18. RJ Hunter - Great foundational set of triple threat skills. IQ. Really needs to be a shot-maker, not a rangy shooter with shot volume.

19. Tyus Jones - The Rudy Ruettiger of the draft. Undersized. Unlike Rudy, has all of the triple threat skills, along with poise. Plays like a veteran.

20. Devin Booker - J.J. Redick with more size, but without the proven attacking ability just yet. Redick got to the FT line a lot his last two seasons at Duke. Booker needs to show similar ability.

21. Montrezl Harrell - The short PF with C length. Motor. Muscle. Finishing. Boards. Swats. Needs more range outside of 15'. In progress.

22. Sam Dekker - Dan Majerle without the range. Quicker Matt Harpring.

23. Bobby Portis - PJ Brown. Better finishing. Better range. Doesn't have the iso skill just yet. Base, boards, strength, wingspan.

24. Aleksandar Vezenkov - Deadeye at PF. That's all of his skill. Doesn't waste possessions or take poor shots.

25. Delon Wright - Have a hard time seeing him more than a back up PG. Almost reminds me of a better polished PG version of Steve Blake. NEEDS range.

26. Chris McCullough - IMHO, Ariza. Coming off of ACL, but showed lottery athleticism, finishing ability, and tremendous defensive upside. Cannot play PF next level. Needs range. Needs ball-handling. Needs health.

27. Christian Wood - The Antetokounmpo pick, but nowhere near the ball-handler or consistent shooter. Wiry. Rangy. Length. Can make impact play. Doesn't have the impact mentality or polish.

28. Kevon Looney - PF with range, some athleticism. Base. Boards.

29. Guillermo Hernangomez - The consumate solid C. Slow defensively, but solid skills on the offensive end.

30. Rakeem Christmas - The skinny Jordan Hill. PF/C. More explosive. Better wingspan.

31. Danilo Fuzaro - Reminds me of a guard the Warriors drafted that I wanted the Lakers to get. Nemanja Nedovic. Big combo guard with explosive ability.

32. Jordan Mickey - The shorter PJ Brown. 17' range. FAR better swatter.

33. Nikola Milutinov - Young Vlade/Nenad Kristic without the swats.

34. Jarell Martin - Rodney Rogers. More explosiveness. Less range. Less ball-handling.

35. Terry Rozier - The Consumate SG in a PG body, but PG defender.

36. Star Wars - The Project.

37. Rashad Vaughn - Young. Some iso ability. Average wingspan for a SG, sub-average ball-handling for a SG. Good athlete.

38. Anthony Brown - 3 and D, only older, and still needs work on his frame.

39. Cliff Alexander - The mix between Amare Stoudemire and Jason Thompson. Poor attitude. Didn't work at Kansas. C skills in a PF body. Severe IQ issues. Tough. Long.

40. Richaun Holmes - PF Project that shows GREAT finishing abilities, some range, and rebounding abilities... and swats. Concern about motor and IQ.

41. Dakari Johnson - The Body Fat % winner could get into real shape and do more damage than Reggie Evans. Post skills of Kaman, but lacks tremendous length or explosiveness to emulate the same shots. Rebounder. Average swatter.

42. Joe Young - Favorite shooter of the draft. Plays closest to Stephen Curry. Similar shot selection. SG turned PG into his senior year. Very good athlete.

43. Johnathan Holmes - Dante Cunningham. Average athlete. Shows 3pt. range, but really needs to refine his actual shot behind the arc.

44. Michael Qualls - Concern about Workout Warrior status. Great measurements. Solid shooter. Great #s.

45. Michael Frazier - SF in a SG body, but 3 and D. Hasn't shown the most consistent 3 range just yet. Solid in transition.

46. J.P. Tokoto - SG 3 and D, elite athlete, streaky shooter, but long trunk/short legs? Struggles with ball-handling.

47. Norman Powell - 6'11" wingspan, 3 and D role, but the jumpshot ran away from him. Needs a shooting coach to refine form.

48. Larry Nance Jr. - Louis Amundson with more range.

49. Moussa Diagne - Solid strong PF/C. Very good athlete, great wingspan, finisher. Project.

50. Pat Connaughton - Shooters with athleticism and commitment to defense make the L, usually.

51. Tyler Harvey - Not my favorite shooter, slight hitch on jumper. Volume shooter, #1 option. Streaky.

52. Branden Dawson - Ruben Patterson, once again, needs a shot doctor. Shots the 3 like a shotput. Commitment to defense, rebounding, and finishing. Really a PF in a SG body.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike...Don't know if you heard, but Qualls tore his ACL and is out for 6-12 months. Vezenkov withdrew as well.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Mike...Don't know if you heard, but Qualls tore his ACL and is out for 6-12 months.

Did hear. List has to be edited, again. Several of those guys aren't even on the draft board anymore.

I just didn't want to rewind to page 1059 every time on the Draft thread.

LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Easier way to track my list.

1. Jahlil Okafor - Billion Dollar Hands. MAX contract post skills. Needs FT shooting, defensive intensity, range.

2. Karl Towns - Very good athlete, most versatile big. Guard skills in a 7' package, without elite refinement.

3. D'Angelo Russell - If Dwyane Wade traded athleticism for court vision? Tremendous hands, ball-handling; elite court vision.

4. Justise Winslow - I think of him as the "All American", great size, strength, athleticism, finishing, unselfishness, elite defender. Just needs a jumper.

5. Mario Hezonja - The second most explosive player in the lottery. The best shooter outside of Devin Booker, only stronger, taller, better shot creator, against tougher competition. Could be the "Vince Carter" pick, where the explosiveness was obvious, and so was the shooting, yet, slipped in the draft for whatever reason.

6. Willie Cauley-Stein - Most upside in the lottery. Elite athlete. Elite size. Elite defense. 4/10 offensive skill.

7. Kristaps Porzingis - Still think of him as Gallinari. Will flat out shoot over defenders and have his jumpshot set up any two-step long stride drives. Questionable strength/base/frame has him slipping down. Big risk. Big reward.

8. Emmanuel Mudiay - Very good athlete with triple threat skills. Read he had issues with basic offensive concepts, but very good athleticism and great ball-handling go A LONG way in terms of projected upside. Biggest PG of the draft, nearing 220-230. Body control.

9. Stanley Johnson - The Mudiay of the SF spot. Strong, tremendous defensive intensity. Solid jumpshot. Needs better ball-handling/decision-making. Would be a killer 3-D player.

10. Cameron Payne - Skinny Dragic.

11. Kelly Oubre - Slips due to inconsistent motor, but very good athlete, wiry, wingspan. Streaky jumpshot, forces turnovers. Could be an absolute stud defender.

12. Jerian Grant - One of my favorite remaining guards on the draft. Slips because of his age, but he's a PG in a SG body, shoots 57% from 2-point range, has a 37%+ assist rate, solid steal rate, strong, very athletic, great height. Perfect next to another combo-guard. IMHO, underrated. Worst case 6'6" Sedale Threatt.

14. Frank Kaminsky - All of the skills, average athlete. Self-made player, but wingspan HURTS stock.

16. Rondae Hollis-Jefferson - Favorite defender of the draft. Think he would excel most in a Thaddeus Young Stretch-4 role, playing off the ball and scoring off cuts instead of needing to rely on range for spacing. Can defend PF through PG. Really.

17. Justin Anderson - 3-D with length and some explosiveness. Ball-handling and mid-range game need work.

18. RJ Hunter - Great foundational set of triple threat skills. IQ. Really needs to be a shot-maker, not a rangy shooter with shot volume.

19. Tyus Jones - The Rudy Ruettiger of the draft. Undersized. Unlike Rudy, has all of the triple threat skills, along with poise. Plays like a veteran.

20. Devin Booker - J.J. Redick with more size, but without the proven attacking ability just yet. Redick got to the FT line a lot his last two seasons at Duke. Booker needs to show similar ability.

21. Montrezl Harrell - The short PF with C length. Motor. Muscle. Finishing. Boards. Swats. Needs more range outside of 15'. In progress.

23. Bobby Portis - PJ Brown. Better finishing. Better range. Doesn't have the iso skill just yet. Base, boards, strength, wingspan.

24. Aleksandar Vezenkov - Deadeye at PF. That's all of his skill. Doesn't waste possessions or take poor shots.

25. Delon Wright - Have a hard time seeing him more than a back up PG. Almost reminds me of a better polished PG version of Steve Blake. NEEDS range.

26. Chris McCullough - IMHO, Ariza. Coming off of ACL, but showed lottery athleticism, finishing ability, and tremendous defensive upside. Cannot play PF next level. Needs range. Needs ball-handling. Needs health.

27. Christian Wood - The Antetokounmpo pick, but nowhere near the ball-handler or consistent shooter. Wiry. Rangy. Length. Can make impact play. Doesn't have the impact mentality or polish.

29. Guillermo Hernangomez - The consumate solid C. Slow defensively, but solid skills on the offensive end.

30. Rakeem Christmas - The skinny Jordan Hill. PF/C. More explosive. Better wingspan.

31. Danilo Fuzaro - Reminds me of a guard the Warriors drafted that I wanted the Lakers to get. Nemanja Nedovic. Big combo guard with explosive ability.

34. Jarell Martin - Rodney Rogers. More explosiveness. Less range. Less ball-handling.

37. Rashad Vaughn - Young. Some iso ability. Average wingspan for a SG, sub-average ball-handling for a SG. Good athlete.

39. Cliff Alexander - The mix between Amare Stoudemire and Jason Thompson. Poor attitude. Didn't work at Kansas. C skills in a PF body. Severe IQ issues. Tough. Long.

40. Richaun Holmes - PF Project that shows GREAT finishing abilities, some range, and rebounding abilities... and swats. Concern about motor and IQ.

41. Dakari Johnson - The Body Fat % winner could get into real shape and do more damage than Reggie Evans. Post skills of Kaman, but lacks tremendous length or explosiveness to emulate the same shots. Rebounder. Average swatter.

42. Joe Young - Favorite shooter of the draft. Plays closest to Stephen Curry. Similar shot selection. SG turned PG into his senior year. Very good athlete.

43. Johnathan Holmes - Dante Cunningham. Average athlete. Shows 3pt. range, but really needs to refine his actual shot behind the arc.

44. Michael Qualls - Concern about Workout Warrior status. Great measurements. Solid shooter. Great #s.

45. Michael Frazier - SF in a SG body, but 3 and D. Hasn't shown the most consistent 3 range just yet. Solid in transition.

46. J.P. Tokoto - SG 3 and D, elite athlete, streaky shooter, but long trunk/short legs? Struggles with ball-handling.

47. Norman Powell - 6'11" wingspan, 3 and D role, but the jumpshot ran away from him. Needs a shooting coach to refine form.

49. Moussa Diagne - Solid strong PF/C. Very good athlete, great wingspan, finisher. Project.

50. Pat Connaughton - Shooters with athleticism and commitment to defense make the L, usually.

51. Tyler Harvey - Not my favorite shooter, slight hitch on jumper. Volume shooter, #1 option. Streaky.

52. Branden Dawson - Ruben Patterson, once again, needs a shot doctor. Shots the 3 like a shotput. Commitment to defense, rebounding, and finishing. Really a PF in a SG body.

Mike, who is the most explosive player in the lottery and in the entire draft?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

WCS

cyclo7
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:40 pm    Post subject:

The Kings needs to put an end to the Jason Thompson years with WCS.

I see WCS and Winslow as the best fits for Sacramento.

Hezonja not so much. Wouldn't mesh with black
hole Rudy Gay and Demarcus Cousins.

Doesn't mean Divac won't pick him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:41 am    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36
Jump to: