pirates of the carribean 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 7:52 am    Post subject:

sean2023 wrote:
If it wasn't for Johnny Depp, I'd probably not think much of the series....but his portrayal of Sparrow in these movies helps elevate them above typical summer action/adventure movies.

Agreed.

And to show how smart Disney execs are (before Pixar took over), when Depp came up with the idea for the way Jack Sparrow acted, the upper ups actually asked him to stop it and they were worried that he was ruining the movie. The director nor Depp decided to cave in to the pressure, and there they go.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

Jesseca328 wrote:
twoface723 wrote:
insidepresence wrote:
Kiera Knightly? Pretty hot

Not any more. She needs to eat something.

You know she's

She has I swear... I really dont know whats up with this girls now at days becoming sticks... Kate Bosworth is soo beautiful but right now she looks totally disgusting... I don't know if its some kind of famous people stage that they go thru or what but its truly sad...

Totally agree. I'm not that into Bosworth, but she looked best in Blue Crush where she actually had some meat on her bones. Keira looked great in Bend it Like Beckham, but now you can see her ribs. Ugh.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject:

great movie...can't wait for the next one...cool ending...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject:

there were far too many un-answered questions in this movie...maybe I just didn't understand..
SPOILERS

1. why is the monkey undead still and all the others cured of the curse?
2. How the hell is Barbosa still alive?
3. How does Jack Sparrow survive getting eaten by the thing??

Personally...I wasn 't a fan of this movie...it felt a little too much like Matrix reloaded...all setting up the third film...

as far as summer movies go..

1. MI3
2. Superman returns
3. X3
4. Over the hedge
5. Click
mike_dee23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

I saw the movie a second time and enjoyed it even more... I felt the same way about the first one.

Spoiler answer...

The monkey is still alive because at the end of the first one, they show the monkey in the cave stealing some of that cursed gold. I assume the Black Pearl crew picked him up when they returned to the caves.

I'm sure they'll answer your questions in the third one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Good movie but a bit of a dissapointment when compared to the first one. Still worth the money however it was too much of a prelude to third one.

I don't think the 3rd one makes as much money as this one is right now (Already past 300 million in less than 3 weeks) because some fans will upset with the way this one played out.

Loved Sparrow. Anyone think that they will put Jack with Mrs Swan in the end? They were making some wierd implications that they may go there ....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject:

Just got back from Disneyland with my kid. Pirates of the Carribean ride remake. It is totally awesome dudes and dudets. It's a remake which now includes Jack Sparrow the main kick as! type of hero that makes Disney movies historic. He is all over the place with complete voice over changes throughout the ride to make the ride a complete copy of the epic movies.
Note to everyone if you are not a kid anymore and could walk all over Disneyland from opening to closing, wear super comfortable shoes. Like Nike ar Kobe zoom wiht like three socks on each feet. Seriously do not how I did it like 20 years ago. I could run around that theme park until the sun came up. Well at least until the end of the day when the good bye parade would occur. Now it is serious torture on the piggies on the floor unless you wear some serious air maxs' or something.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: