Authorize.Net

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Authorize.Net

Does anybody have any experience using internet retailaer checkouts by authorize.net?

I am looking to buy a product online but the retailer does not take paypal which I use almost exclusively online.

I have googled them but all I get is company pages if anybody has any experience with these guys your post would ge greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Socks
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:48 am    Post subject:

E-pinions is a good source for this type of thing. Here's a link (It's not looking good dude):
http://www.epinions.com/bsrv-Financial_Services-Merchant_Account_Processing-All-Authorize_net
NestT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject:

Socks,

Thanks for the quick reply.

OJ Mayo
Derrick Rose
Nicolas Batum
Michael Beasley
Chase Budinger
Darrell Arthur
Colby Briant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Authorize.net is just a payment gateway. Its only used for real time credit card processing. It is one of the top gateways in the country. I use it on my web site and have had no problems with them over the last 5 years.

you really shouldnt be concerned with authorize.net. you should be more concerned with the company you are purchasing the items from. since authorize.net is just a payment gateway, they just charge cards for retailers like myself, and route the money to my merchant bank and then to my bank account.

let me put it this way, ive used auth.net for the last 5 years and have charged over 50,000 credit cards during that time. i have had not one case of credit card information being stolen from their gateway and none my customers information has ever been compromised. thier security is so tight that even i cant see my customers credit card information when i log onto my account to process orders. i can only see the last four digits of the customers credit card and it wont even let me see the expiration date. you should be more concerned with the retailer who may or may not have your full credit card information. if you trust the retailer, then you shouldnt have any worries.

those people complaining on epinions are web developers like myself who have had problems with installation or with hooking up their web site with auth.net. theyre also complaining about customer support. those opinions are not relevant to the general consumer who is buying products on a persons website that is using auth.net. auth.net is a top notch company.
Alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject:

^wow! great info Colby!

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of business do you run?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: