LaMarcus Aldridge

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:36 am    Post subject: LaMarcus Aldridge

You know the more I think about the possibility of Kobe Bryant getting another ring to his collection before he leaves, the more I try to figure out, who if anyone would be the best veteran FA fit next to Kobe to help complete the task.
As much as I would love to see KLove in a Lakers uniform next year, I don't know if he would be the best viable option next to Kobe on what maybe his fair well tour.
I do know this, when KB24 has won, it's been with a legit big by his side and adequate pieces around the two. Shaq and Gasol, being the pieces of the puzzle in the past...
With that being said, I truly think LaMarcus Aldridge might be the piece the Lakers need to solidify the deal.
IMO if the Lakers are a close 3rd in the LA race, I say there's a chance. With LA on the team, it gives Randle time to develop and become the future of the franchise as well as our possible #2 pick in what should be Okafor.
Mark Gasol could obviously fit the mold, but I doubt he leaves Memphis. Two of the Texas teams definitely have a shot at LA, hopefully Houston isn't an option, but if the Lakers are a consideration, we should probably go hard after the proven All Star Big Man. I truly think he and he alone (I said it) could instantly bolt us back into contention next to a "Healthy" Kobe Bryant.

I don't think a trade is warranted for his services simply because he's unrestricted, but I think if he could look into his immediate future, he would see he could be a cornerstone piece to getting it done here in LA with KB24 over the next 2 years.

Rondo (I hate to say it but I think FO wants him here )
Kobe
Carroll (Seems the FO has him as a high priority)
LA
Okafor

The thing about a unit like that is no chemistry, might take a year to get a title in.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: LaMarcus Aldridge

lakurluv wrote:
You know the more I think about the possibility of Kobe Bryant getting another ring to his collection before he leaves, the more I try to figure out, who if anyone would be the best veteran FA fit next to Kobe to help complete the task.
As much as I would love to see KLove in a Lakers uniform next year, I don't know if he would be the best viable option next to Kobe on what maybe his fair well tour.
I do know this, when KB24 has won, it's been with a legit big by his side and adequate pieces around the two. Shaq and Gasol, being the pieces of the puzzle in the past...
With that being said, I truly think LaMarcus Aldridge might be the piece the Lakers need to solidify the deal.
IMO if the Lakers are a close 3rd in the LA race, I say there's a chance. With LA on the team, it gives Randle time to develop and become the future of the franchise as well as our possible #2 pick in what should be Okafor.
Mark Gasol could obviously fit the mold, but I doubt he leaves Memphis. Two of the Texas teams definitely have a shot at LA, hopefully Houston isn't an option, but if the Lakers are a consideration, we should probably go hard after the proven All Star Big Man. I truly think he and he alone (I said it) could instantly bolt us back into contention next to a "Healthy" Kobe Bryant.

I don't think a trade is warranted for his services simply because he's unrestricted, but I think if he could look into his immediate future, he would see he could be a cornerstone piece to getting it done here in LA with KB24 over the next 2 years.

Kobe
LA
Okafor

The thing about a unit like that is no chemistry, might take a year to get a title in.

If we signed Aldridge, it's doubtful we'd have enough cap space to sign either Rondo or Carroll.

I don't see Aldridge wanting to play with a bunch of rookies and Kobe at the end of his career. He is in win-now mode. I figure hell either sign with Portland or go to Dallas or San Antonio
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:32 am    Post subject: Re: LaMarcus Aldridge

activeverb wrote:
lakurluv wrote:

Kobe
LA
Okafor

If we signed Aldridge, it's doubtful we'd have enough cap space to sign either Rondo or Carroll.

I don't see Aldridge wanting to play with a bunch of rookies and Kobe at the end of his career. He is in win-now mode. I figure hell either sign with Portland or go to Dallas or San Antonio

Dallas doesn't have a very good future; Dirk on his last year, probably no Chandler, no PG.

Spurs seem like the right move.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Aldridge just told the Blazers he is NOT coming back,

So it is up to Mitch to convince him to sign here!

Why would he want to go to the Spurs when at least two of their three main stars are likely to retire after next season?

If Lakers could sign Mark Gasol and Aldridge - have them split ALL the available cap money, release Hill and next year they will at least be ready for a deep playoff run...
As long as I am pipe dreaming how about signing Durant with the Kobe money after next season:

Think this team would be any good?:

PG = D' Russel
SG = Clarkson
SF = Durant
PF = Aldridge
C = Gasol (Mark)

As they said in Airplane: "Golly"...
etmo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: LaMarcus Aldridge

vanexelent wrote:

Spurs seem like the right move.

If everyone comes back to SA for high-dollar contracts, SA might not have enough money to give to LA, so we'll have to see. The door could be open for us.
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject:

30 years old
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: