Let's talk about the Sixers...

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Let's talk about the Sixers...

Alright, so they've had high lotto picks in each of the last 3 years. They've used them all on Centers, 2 of whom have SERIOUS injury concerns and sat out their rookie years.

They traded their ROY point guard for yet another pick next year, further extending the re-building process. (Hopefully) that pick will not be as good as anticipated.

They traded a guy in KJ McDaniels who looked to be on his way to a solid rookie campaign for an undersized point guard.

The rest of their roster is pretty stripped of any other assets, save for a couple guys that could be decent 7th or 8th men.

At the moment, there seems to be no end in sight to their tanking. As of right now, I'm pretty baffled as to what their doing, and this seems to be proof that prolonged periods of tanking and draft pick aquisition does not work nearly as well in practice as it does on paper. They have yet to parlay any of the litany of picks they have had into anything good, and have traded away any decent players they may have had for what has amounted to nothing.

I thought it was funny at first what they were doing, but now even I'm getting a bit frustrated with them. It's almost like when you're playing a video game and the guy you're playing with gets frustrated and quits in the middle of the game. It's not fun for anyone. Having the Sixers in the league just isn't any fun because it's like their not even trying out there; they're just pushing their future further and further down the road, and they have no idea if or when they'll actually get there

So if you're the Sixers, who out of Okafor/Embiid/Noel do you try to move? How much longer do you give Hinkie as GM, since his strategy appears to be backfiring? At what point do you give up on the draft and try to package some of those picks to get a decent veteran, instead of doing the opposite? At what point do you actually go after a couple Free Agents?

Discuss
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

And for the record, I haven't totally given up on them yet. But it's just hard to see where they're going to go from here
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Keep Okafor and move everyone else....
Stockpiling these picks aren't getting them anywhere.
Sooner or later they have to build a basketball team.
If they plan to tank another year....which looks like what is happening, then they better give their fans a lot of discounts....
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject:

I would just play Embiid at Small Forward.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:31 am    Post subject:

They misunderstood the big3 concept
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:57 am    Post subject:

They made the right move last night. Okafor was head and shoulders (pun intended) the next wave of draft prospects. I think you just have to let Okafor and Noel battle it out for playing time, but never play the loser less than 20 minutes per game. That will allow you to showcase the center you don't want to keep, placing you in a position for perhaps a high lotto pick or quality player at the end of the season.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject:

After they drafted him, I was thinking either Embiid's foot is worse than they're telling people or Okafor or Embiid were going to be traded.

I was rooting for us to draft Okafor but throwing a monkey wrench in the plans of the Sixers and Knicks was really enjoyable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: