POWER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject:

Damn. Guess Jennifer Lopez's sister wasn't an executive producer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Pink shoes is gone.

I wonder how Melo feels about La La bearing her breast on the show? LINK

Ghost can't testify against Tommy. If he did he'd be a dead man.

Shawn and Tasha are getting too close.

Angela back on the task force. She has to find out Ghost is James.

Ghost knows Kanan is out to get him. He said Kanan knows he and Tasha sent him to jail.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Definitely one of my top 5 shows right now.

I like it ALOT more than Empire.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Definitely one of my top 5 shows right now.

I like it ALOT more than Empire.

Empire has the woman I love as a leading lady Taraji P Henson. She owns Cookie.

The show tackles social issues with reality. Lee Daniels is openly gay. He's using the show as a vehicle to showcase the gay community.

There are power issue, family issues, sexual identity issues. The series is loaded with drama and sex. I wish it had been on cable. It would have been a sexual, social issue awareness monster.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) about to go down. Dwyane Wade just hooked up with Melo's girl.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
(bleep) about to go down. Dwyane Wade just hooked up with Melo's girl.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject:

LINK

I don't know if the mods will allow this link.

I wonder if this will cause a rift in the marriage.

Quote:
On “Power” this season I have my first sex scene. Melo understands that it’s my job, but he doesn’t want to watch it.

Gwyn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like a (bleep) show.

God bless Kobe Bean Bryant and Gianna Maria Onore Bryant.
USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to like Tasha.

(bleep) is getting good now. Finally Tommy sees Holly for who she really is.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:49 am    Post subject:

^^^^^ Prolly cause she did a Nelly, Hot In Herre, took off all her clothes. She's not afraid to bear it all, well, most of it. Did the same in Notorious B.I.G.

Tasha's showing a cold side I didn't know she had. She's got Ghost by the short hairs. Told him to keep fracking dat beotch till I say stop.

She's not afraid to bear it all, well, most of it. Did the same in Notorious B.I.G.

Debbie Morgan is also playing a good part. Went up side Tasha's head and laid down the what is on her.

Naturi Naughton's come a long way from 3LW

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:30 am    Post subject:

We should have a drinking game for whenever Ghost readjusts his tie or straightens his suit.

I like how they've got Marlo as a drug boss but gave him an accent to differentiate his character from the one he played on The Wire.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
^^^^^ Prolly cause she did a Nelly, Hot In Herre, took off all her clothes. She's not afraid to bear it all, well, most of it. Did the same in Notorious B.I.G.

Tasha's showing a cold side I didn't know she had. She's got Ghost by the short hairs. Told him to keep fracking dat beotch till I say stop.

She's not afraid to bear it all, well, most of it. Did the same in Notorious B.I.G.

Debbie Morgan is also playing a good part. Went up side Tasha's head and laid down the what is on her.

Naturi Naughton's come a long way
from 3LW

I kind of find myself liking this show, but Naturi Naughton is a pretty horrible actress, let's be honest.
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:24 am    Post subject:

Tommy and Ghost both prove the wrong woman brings you down quickly lol I wonder where Kanaan has been last 2 weeks and what he has up his sleeve
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

from 3LW

I kind of find myself liking this show, but Naturi Naughton is a pretty horrible actress, let's be honest.

I wouldn't call her horrible. She's not Oscar material but she fits this role.

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:35 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

from 3LW

She's more believable when she's in that lane of being a feisty chick, like when she was talking to Ghost last episode and telling him to keep on (bleeping) that chick. But in that scene where her mother and her have it out, her reactions were pretty amateurish IMO. But anyway, I know most people aren't caring about that part of it when it comes to her or La La or whatever!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

from 3LW

She's more believable when she's in that lane of being a feisty chick, like when she was talking to Ghost last episode and telling him to keep on (bleeping) that chick. But in that scene where her mother and her have it out, her reactions were pretty amateurish IMO. But anyway, I know most people aren't caring about that part of it when it comes to her or La La or whatever!

She's incredibly limited in what emotions she can convey, and sticks out glaringly vs the smooth, multidimensional skills of Hardwick.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
jodeke wrote:

from 3LW

Yeah Debbie Morgan stole that scene. If the acting isn't of Oscar nomination levels I don't mind. Unless it's terribly amateurish I can enjoy the episode.

I don't watch series like these looking for great acting. I watch for entertainment.

When is Fiddy going down, Ghost's involvement with Angela causing business problems, Tasha saying enough is enough, Tommy exploding? Things of that nature is why I watch.

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:01 am    Post subject:

The whole episode I thought it was the season finale. Two more episodes!

I like the whole Thomas Crown Affair thing they had going in this episode. The whole season really.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject:

It's about to go down. Everybody's after Jamie. Lobos is in the cross hairs. Jamie saw Angie set Tommy up. Tommy's in jail, will he snitch?

Wouldn't surprise me to see Lobos the last man standing.

USCandLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It's about to go down. Everybody's after Jamie. Lobos is in the cross hairs. Jamie saw Angie set Tommy up. Tommy's in jail, will he snitch?

It really didn't dawn on me that Ghost set up Tommy until a few hours ago when I thought about it. The phone. He knew she cloned it and that's why he got a new one. But he had to have known before the meet, yet still went along with it. He didn't warn Tommy and he knew not to go to the room. I thought he avoided the room on instinct. But his ass knew. I can't believe it.

He must have something up his sleeve. No way he hangs Tommy out to dry like that. Must have something to do with that lawyer.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

We'll find out next week, but I'm guessing that Jamie sent Tommy to the hotel with nothing in that duffel bag but laundry. If there is nothing incriminating in that bag, then the feds will be forced to let him go. But with Tommy having made a big scene, Jamie is free to kill Angie since they can't blame it on Tommy since he's in custody. Since Angie knows that JAmie set her up (no more texts on the cloned phone, and since she hasn't let another person in the FBI know just how she came to know Lobos would be at the hotel - she's all alone and on her own, basically a sitting duck. To secure his family, Jamie just might let Tasha pull the trigger and take Angie out herself, getting rid of the threat to both family and business in one fell swoop.

Alsoi, Kanan has sealed his fate since the others can be easily convinced that he was sending them to the hotel as a setup. The fact that he was the only one at the scene,and all the other players were not present - reeks of Jamie having got to them and told them that Kanan was setting them up. I think Jamie kills DWade in the next episode, and the Serb whacks Kanan.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject:

USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

It really didn't dawn on me that Ghost set up Tommy until a few hours ago when I thought about it. The phone. He knew she cloned it and that's why he got a new one. But he had to have known before the meet, yet still went along with it. He didn't warn Tommy and he knew not to go to the room. I thought he avoided the room on instinct. But his ass knew. I can't believe it.

He must have something up his sleeve. No way he hangs Tommy out to dry like that. Must have something to do with that lawyer.

You may be right. He was across the street watching the whole thing go down. He took a suit case full of something into the hotel.

Lobos didn't go down his henchman did. He had just had a disagreement with him. Aussie may have a point, Tommy may have had a bag full of nothing.

I think he loves his family. I wonder who he loves more his family or Angie? She smashed the clone, why?

Two left......

Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:38 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

You may be right. He was across the street watching the whole thing go down. He took a suit case full of something into the hotel.

Lobos didn't go down his henchman did. He had just had a disagreement with him. Aussie may have a point, Tommy may have had a bag full of nothing.

I think he loves his family. I wonder who he loves more his family or Angie? She smashed the clone, why?

Two left......

Whatever was in the bag Tommy had, it definitely could not have been all the money. Remember earlier in the episode, the money literally filled up an entire room from floor to near ceiling. Also, Jamie walked into the hotel with a huge suitcase that he easily took out of the car and rolled in, indicating that it was probably empty. I suspect that he intercepted Tommy, quickly told him of his plan, and took whatever was in the bag Tommy was carrying and put it in his suitcase, and put a bunch of filler in Tommy's bag.

Lobos was setting up a kill room with all the plastic on the floor everywhere. The Feds killed Lobos lackey, meaning that they likely saw him with a weapon as soon as they entered the room and shot him. If Tommy had even made it into the room, he would have seen that it was s setup, so it's unlikely he ever made it to Lobo's room. Lobos was a wanted man on other charges, but the Feds had nothing but speculation on Tommy. A good Wall Street Lawyer (Turtle) would easily get him off, especially if there was nothing incriminating in the bag.

Another thing is that Jamie knew that Lobos was supposed to meet at the warehouse the Feds were originally going to at 1pm, and the hotel meeting was scheduled for noon. Lobos had planned to kill Jamie as soon as he walked through the door, then presumably goto the warehouse and collect his money. Now with Lobos in jail, and the Feds thinking they were done, Jamie is free to goto the warehouse and collect all the money he was supposed to deliver.

If Jamie is going to have the Serb kill Kanan as I suspect, then it would make sense that he tipped the Serb off that Kanan was setting him up to be arrested at a Fed sting so that the Serb would be on board with taking out Kanan, and Jamie would now be in position to split the Milan supply with the Serb as the ONLY 2 Men left standing in the New York Street Drug Trade.

This of course is just a hunch, but it would explain all that we know happened yesterday.

And to answer your question:

Quote:
She smashed the clone, why?

After she left the celebration with the Feds at the bar, she got a text from Jamie saying

"Club Business is a pain in the Arse. Had to get a new phone. Here is my new number. Lock it in.

Got my Business Done. We can Leave Tomorrow"

So the close phone was now useless since Jamie was no longer using the phone she cloned. The fact that he's setting up a meet with her tomorrow is why I think she get's whacked in the next episode, since he knows 100% that she was willing to watch him get arrested. She's gotta go, and it only makes sense that he let Tasha do it so that he can sell Tasha on the fact that there is no more outside threat.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:
USCandLakers wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Two left......

Whatever was in the bag Tommy had, it definitely could not have been all the money. Remember earlier in the episode, the money literally filled up an entire room from floor to near ceiling. Also, Jamie walked into the hotel with a huge suitcase that he easily took out of the car and rolled in, indicating that it was probably empty. I suspect that he intercepted Tommy, quickly told him of his plan, and took whatever was in the bag Tommy was carrying and put it in his suitcase, and put a bunch of filler in Tommy's bag.

Lobos was setting up a kill room with all the plastic on the floor everywhere. The Feds killed Lobos lackey, meaning that they likely saw him with a weapon as soon as they entered the room and shot him. If Tommy had even made it into the room, he would have seen that it was s setup, so it's unlikely he ever made it to Lobo's room. Lobos was a wanted man on other charges, but the Feds had nothing but speculation on Tommy. A good Wall Street Lawyer (Turtle) would easily get him off, especially if there was nothing incriminating in the bag.

Another thing is that Jamie knew that Lobos was supposed to meet at the warehouse the Feds were originally going to at 1pm, and the hotel meeting was scheduled for noon. Lobos had planned to kill Jamie as soon as he walked through the door, then presumably goto the warehouse and collect his money. Now with Lobos in jail, and the Feds thinking they were done, Jamie is free to goto the warehouse and collect all the money he was supposed to deliver.

If Jamie is going to have the Serb kill Kanan as I suspect, then it would make sense that he tipped the Serb off that Kanan was setting him up to be arrested at a Fed sting so that the Serb would be on board with taking out Kanan, and Jamie would now be in position to split the Milan supply with the Serb as the ONLY 2 Men left standing in the New York Street Drug Trade.

This of course is just a hunch, but it would explain all that we know happened yesterday.

And to answer your question:

Quote:
She smashed the clone, why?

After she left the celebration with the Feds at the bar, she got a text from Jamie saying

"Club Business is a pain in the Arse. Had to get a new phone. Here is my new number. Lock it in.

Got my Business Done. We can Leave Tomorrow"

So the close phone was now useless since Jamie was no longer using the phone she cloned. The fact that he's setting up a meet with her tomorrow is why I think she get's whacked in the next episode, since he knows 100% that she was willing to watch him get arrested. She's gotta go, and it only makes sense that he let Tasha do it so that he can sell Tasha on the fact that there is no more outside threat.

Thanks, I missed the text. Angie's on everybody's hit list.

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 am    Post subject:

Gotta say, I've really enjoyed this show so far, the second season has been quite entertaining, the drama has definitely gone up a notch.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11
Jump to: