ESPN: Lakers Interested in Demarcus Cousins (Woj: Kings looking to hire Calipari, fire Karl; Calipari denies being contacted and isn't interested in leaving KY, pg.186)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 192, 193, 194  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:
This thread needs to be moved back to the Lounge. It's still relevant to us. We have the Wade thread, Jimmy Butler thread, and Jeremy Lin thread still in the Lounge but not this.

I know. This has a way better chance of going down than Butler ever coming to the Lakers.

Totally agree. I didn't agree with it being moved in the first place and so many clamoring for it to be locked just because the constant thought of getting cousins made them uncomfortable. The rumors surrounding cousins are not any different than those of jimmy butler thread or wade, in fact even more realistic.

Mitch has already gone on record saying that the 2nd pick was never seriously in play so Russell isn't getting traded. Repors also say that the FO is unwilling to move Randle. So the only pieces left are maybe Clarkson and scraps, which Sac would never accept. This deal is dead, you guys just don't want to join reality.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:20 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:
This thread needs to be moved back to the Lounge. It's still relevant to us. We have the Wade thread, Jimmy Butler thread, and Jeremy Lin thread still in the Lounge but not this.

I know. This has a way better chance of going down than Butler ever coming to the Lakers.

Totally agree. I didn't agree with it being moved in the first place and so many clamoring for it to be locked just because the constant thought of getting cousins made them uncomfortable. The rumors surrounding cousins are not any different than those of jimmy butler thread or wade, in fact even more realistic.

Mitch has already gone on record saying that the 2nd pick was never seriously in play so Russell isn't getting traded. Repors also say that the FO is unwilling to move Randle. So the only pieces left are maybe Clarkson and scraps, which Sac would never accept. This deal is dead, you guys just don't want to join reality.

if what you saying is true that the Lakers are only willing to dangle Clarkson plus fillers, then why end the talk? leave the deal out there for Kings to consider. a disgruntled Cousins in Kings uniform will make them come back to the table real quick once season starts, even just for the aforementioned pieces.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

Mitch says a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. He's supposed to admit that his players are on the trade block? Kill their confidence? Its called Posturing. If people want to discuss a dead deal why can't they? Is there a rule against that? There's a thread in the lounge right now saying marc gasol has 0 interest in joining the lakers, so since there's no chance I guess it should be locked or moved right?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:10 am    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Mitch says a lot of things that aren't necessarily true. He's supposed to admit that his players are on the trade block? Kill their confidence? Its called Posturing. If people want to discuss a dead deal why can't they? Is there a rule against that? There's a thread in the lounge right now saying marc gasol has 0 interest in joining the lakers, so since there's no chance I guess it should be locked or moved right?

Yes, but you also have to look in the context of what we know. There's no point in selecting Russell after not trading the pick for Cousins if they want a Big over Russell. There's a reason they picked Russell, and I doubt it is too trade for a Big they could have gotten with the pick or Cousins who they might have got in a trade for the the pick.

Never say "never", but I virtually guarantee that Russell is not traded for Cousins. The Lakers were clearly looking for a top-quality guard in a FA market that has plenty of Bigs. It wouldn't make sense under the circumstances.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
THE_DAGGER wrote:

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Lakers_Jester wrote:
Rivershow wrote:

Yes, but you also have to look in the context of what we know. There's no point in selecting Russell after not trading the pick for Cousins if they want a Big over Russell. There's a reason they picked Russell, and I doubt it is too trade for a Big they could have gotten with the pick or Cousins who they might have got in a trade for the the pick.

Never say "never", but I virtually guarantee that Russell is not traded for Cousins. The Lakers were clearly looking for a top-quality guard in a FA market that has plenty of Bigs. It wouldn't make sense under the circumstances.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject:

First off, it was reported that if kings got the 2nd pick in the trade they would select dlo and pick wcs with their own. They already selected wcs. We also have clarkson incase we trade dlo. I'm just arguing here to say it's possible, but I personally Dont think that's plausible I agree.

But I do think a trade can happen not involving dlo. Clarkson can very well be traded, (maybe randle), as well as young, kelly, future picks? And third party teams. Options will be much more abundant July 1st.

Jimmy butler just got offered a qo and max qo and he's restricted, yet that has more chance of happening than cousins whom agent was granted permission to explore deal w lakers? Yet butler has his own thread in the lounge. Lol
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 2:11 pm    Post subject:

I just think it's odd the most interesting thread in the lounge, personally, and as evidenced by how quickly it grew in pages in such a short time (and continued to grow rapidly) was moved to general. It was also prematurely locked before.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Heisler posted an article today on Sheridanhoops reiterating his piece in Forbes that his sources say we would trade Russell for Cousins.

Ramona Shelburne just posted that were still interested in Cousins but want to keep Russell.

All recent news about Cousins to the Lakers yet this thread is still not in the Lounge.

I hope the moderators aren't making this personal because they don't want Cousins on the team and think the rumors will just go away. Getting rid of the thread won't do that.
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakers_Jester wrote:
I just think it's odd the most interesting thread in the lounge, personally, and as evidenced by how quickly it grew in pages in such a short time (and continued to grow rapidly) was moved to general. It was also prematurely locked before.

yeah it makes zero sense, not sure how this isn't 100% laker related stuff going on, we could end up trading our number two pick for Cousins and it's in General Discussion lol.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:51 pm    Post subject:

Espn actually mentions cousins along w aldridge in their lakers free agency promo.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:11 am    Post subject:

Ric Bucher on his SiriusXm NBA radio show said the Lakers are interested, the Kings are looking to move Cousins no matter what they say publicly, and that he believes a deal will get done. It's just about how much is given up.
THE_DAGGER
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:12 am    Post subject:

Bucher said that it starts with Russell and that the Lakers would be willing to give him up.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:04 am    Post subject:

Clearly this team has real interest in Cousins.. Some fans need to accept this. It's not going away and its more realia than many of the other names out there.
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:06 am    Post subject:

IF we get Cousins I'd like to see it soon... Having Cousins makes us a lot more appealing to prospective free agents
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:12 am    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
Bucher said that it starts with Russell and that the Lakers would be willing to give him up.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:27 am    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:
Ric Bucher on his SiriusXm NBA radio show said the Lakers are interested, the Kings are looking to move Cousins no matter what they say publicly, and that he believes a deal will get done. It's just about how much is given up.

Lol yeah ok.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:32 am    Post subject:

I think it all depends on free agency. If the lakers strike out on everybody then they may do this horrible act.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:40 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Floyd24NDLAL wrote:
I prefer DJ over Boogy he just seems to fit better with Randle, Clarkson, & Russell

Cousins schooled DJ last year...with an almost guarantee that Cousins will be even better this year. I want DJ...but Cousins is the better player.

he didn't say who was the the better player, he said dj was the better fit.

Last edited by Outspoken on Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:41 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
I think it all depends on free agency. If the lakers strike out on everybody then they may do this horrible act.

It makes no sense though. If we wanted a big that badly, why didn't we just draft Okafor? I'm sure the lakers "want" Cousins but not enough to give up the assets they want like Russell or Randle.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 5:45 am    Post subject:

THE_DAGGER wrote:

ya if Cousins was Shaq but he's not so Russell should not be in play.
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:11 am    Post subject:

I don't think Russell will be traded. I think Randle will if we are interested in going after cousins. Makes no sense for us going to be going so hard after Aldridge when we know he doesn't like to play center and that we still have Randle, Black, Kelly on contract and just drafted Nance with our 1st pick. I think the front office will also make Clarkson available in trade since he will mostly like be due a pay day next year and we already have Russell playing point. Boogie/LMA will be the best front line in the league. I'm sure there will be some people willing to play in LA for the minimum if we had a core of Boogie/LMA/Kobe/Russell.

We probably won't be the run and gun team we thought we were gonna have at the beginning of the season if it happens, but the slower pace might work with Kobe better.

Last year:
Aldridge 35.4 MPG, 23.4 PPG, 10.2 RPG and he's an 84.5 % FT shooter
Cousins 34.1 MPG, 24.1 PPG, 12.7 RPG and he's an 78.2 % FT shooter
AD/MORRIS/DUDLEY
GASOL/HARRELL/TINKLE
Coachs:Vogel/Kidd
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:19 am    Post subject:

I see a final scenario where we finally get Cousins for Randle as the primary piece going to the Kings in a 3 way trade with Denver, this would possibly also include Nick Young. I think the conversation with Aldrige will be, if we get Cousins would you come? If he says yes they will pull the trigger. It will hurt to see Randle go because I really like the kid but it would be hard to pass up on a front court of Cousins/Aldrige with Kobe/Russell in the back court. That right there is a scary foundation for something big.
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject:

Ugh this thread again. Can't the Cousins fans go away. Thier not trading Russell. The Media and Cousins hommer need to let this go.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 6:22 am    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Ugh this thread again. Can't the Cousins fans go away. Thier not trading Russell. The Media and Cousins hommer need to let this go.

hey I'm not a Cousins fan, I've actually been against this move from the beginning, but I'm starting to think that it will somehow happen sooner than later. Look at my scenario above your post.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 184, 185, 186 ... 192, 193, 194  Next
Page 185 of 194
Jump to: