In the event we don't get LaMarcus, DeMarcus, or DeAndre....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryanbryant
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
As already mentioned, this Laker team has a lot of young players that need to establish themselves. 30 year old LMA wants to win. I don't think he will win in SA. This time I really think they are done. Too old. This NBA has gotten way too fast and a guards league. We don't know what we have yet. By next year we will, and if this young core proves themselves, then we may be a piece or two away from contention. We need to be patient. this has nothing to do with Jim Buss or KB24. Although KB24 may not help, still claiming he is the #1 option. Had LMA come, you have to make him the focal point of the offense.

I agree, I think Kobe can be hard to play with but it's not the defining reason we aren't landing the big free agents. We are aiming for the top free agents, trying to convince them to come to the the 4th worst team in the league while they are all players at the age of wanting to win now. There's nothing wrong with that but we can't EXPECT them to be thrilled to play for us. We are not a good team right now. We have some good young players that we need to develop and hopefully Kobe can help us do that even though he's been bad with rookies in the past. Once our young players show some promise and we get off the bottom of the standings maybe we might look more desirable. That's not even mentioning the unstable coaching situation over the last few years.
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:04 am    Post subject:

Laker_lover wrote:
I really believe the Lakers need to offer Enes Kanter the MAX deal. The dude is a straight beast on offense and see if we could get Biyombo (for defense).

I doubt OKC can match a max offer given that they already have alot of money invested in Kevin Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka and Frontcourt was pretty formidable before Enes got there.

Please, if you are reading this Mitch DO IT!!

he is ONLY 22 years.

Max deal for Kanter is nuts.

Kanter is a ghost on defense. Like, the WORST, defensive big I've ever seen. Dude literally is like a Goldstein structured turnstile on defense.

edit: oh wow, someone was kind enough to compile kanter defense on youtube. enjoy. lol

Jackchang
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:45 am    Post subject:

no worries as long as the head of snake and the head of all heads of snakes is here he will keep teaching Lakers how to win championships without shooting 3s.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
laker4life wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
laker4life wrote:
The Faceman wrote:
Man, this sucks. Typical offseason of the Jim Buss era. I'm also beginning to believe that Jared Dudley was right when he said that no one wants to play with Kobe.

I blame the FO. No plan.

This is the second year in a row of striking out.

Well, clearly they had a plan. Some folks mentioned what I think makes a lot of sense.

We really have nothing to offer a FA right now. All we have is potential. No one knows if Randle is going to be injury prone, if Clarkson is the real deal or if Russell is as good as advertised. Kobe's old and done .... So ..... What makes us any different than Minny?

If we do indeed strike out, this is the year to show promise. To show teams we have legit pieces and need a couple pieces to push to the next level.

I guess in the end, you are right. We had a plan.

The FO always had a plan the last few years.

I just wish they would create a plan so they can implement it.

The thing is, plans take time to see themselves out. Rome wasn't built in a day. And all plans involve some element of luck as well. It's just about making your own luck. For instance, that they put protection on the pick traded gave us, with some luck, a shot at a top lottery pick which we got.

On the flip side, the plan was to have cap space available to sign FAs, looks like that one may not pan out the way we had hoped. But a good plan has alternates, and ours are the young guys.

If they pan out as we all expect them to, then we'll have some solid pieces and two max FA slots next season when Kobe is off the books which might be a cherry on top for free agents as well.

Simultaneously, Rome was not destroyed in a day.

The Lakers franchise has experienced a slow and progressively declined since Jimbo started to make decisions directly effecting this team.

His decision to go with Mike Brown was simply the first domino which slowly caused the decline of this franchise to the point that we now just witnessed the worse year in Laker history. His next worse decision was to bring in MDA. Now we have BScott and I have no comment.

Next year will be another first. The first time in Laker history that we do not make the playoffs for the third year in a row.

Whether he is able to person to build this franchise up to the levels of like the Warriors where Jerry West has a role, it remains to be seen.

Simply there is no one in the FO who built up a team from scratch to become to a perennial championship contender.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject:

I think a lot of fans are struggling right now with "culture shock" such as that one might experience during a war (this is a simile, as this is not real war.) One is waiting - expectantly, yearningly - for things to become the way they were before the conflict brought the downturn in living experiences.

Unfortunately, there are no guarantees that the turnaround will take place.

We are deceived by history. We tend to believe we're special, but we're not. Los Angeles is a national hub of business, an attractive place to live, and the place where successive championship eras from LA Laker history suggests we are special. We had Chamberlain/Baylor and West followed by Abdul-Jabbar and Magic, who were subsequently replaced by O'Neal/Bryant and Gasol.

Though the NBA has a great interest in maintaining a strong LA-based market, let the NY Knicks franchise be your guide. This could take a long, long time to turn around. Look at UCLA.

All that said, the team's prospects look improved over last year. It's one step. I'm not buying season tickets, but I'll be watching.
Laker_lover
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:52 am    Post subject:

Worthy42 wrote:
Laker_lover wrote:
I really believe the Lakers need to offer Enes Kanter the MAX deal. The dude is a straight beast on offense and see if we could get Biyombo (for defense).

I doubt OKC can match a max offer given that they already have alot of money invested in Kevin Durant, Westbrook and Ibaka and Frontcourt was pretty formidable before Enes got there.

Please, if you are reading this Mitch DO IT!!

he is ONLY 22 years.

Max deal for Kanter is nuts.

Kanter is a ghost on defense. Like, the WORST, defensive big I've ever seen. Dude literally is like a Goldstein structured turnstile on defense.

edit: oh wow, someone was kind enough to compile kanter defense on youtube. enjoy. lol

He defense was not egregious... I feel his defense is similar to what LA and Greg Monroe would have to offer. Dude is still young and we can change those habits. I believe it is easier to teach someone how to play defense than to be dominant offensively. Kanter's post moves are legendary.

SIGN HIM TO A MAX SHEET and DARE OKC TO MATCH.. They are a small market team and afraid of going over the cap. THEY WONT. DO IT MITCH. I am more sold on Kanter than Randle to be honest. I think Randle will be exposed this season for being a tweener with limited range.
mykeinla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Yes offer Kanter a max deal. That would be the perfect dunce cap on top of this epic failure of an offseason.
etmo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Kanter? That's madness. Hibbert is at least an elite rim protector in the half court.

If we're going to pay a shambling zombie, at least sign a high-quality zombie. Even Koufos is way better than Enes.
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

If we strike out:

A. sign Biyombo. Go super young, and preserve cap space.
B. Take on David Lee for one year if you can get assets back.
C. Consider Roy Hibert if we can trade Lin for him.
"I don’t give a [expletive] what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations.' Well, [expletive] you. Because I don’t play for your [expletive] approval."
jdm43390
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Lakersneuron wrote:
If we strike out:

A. sign Biyombo. Go super young, and preserve cap space.
B. Take on David Lee for one year if you can get assets back.
C. Consider Roy Hibert if we can trade Lin for him.

Ya why not. I mean we do have some young talent. If we can't get quality FA's then might as well develop a young core & see where it takes the franchise. In hindsight even if lakers land a good FA, it won't translate into a championship anyway. So anyway we go about it, it's still a rebuild process regardless
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Ater Majok is plan B. Seriously, why didn't we make an offer to Demarre Carroll? If DJ doesn't sign, get Tobias Harris.

It's wrong to blame Kobe for this. If Aldridge or some other free agent doesn't want to play here, it's because this team isn't good enough. If Russell and Randle are as good as we think they are, we won't have this problem next season.
Dondre
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Okafor is somewhere laughing right now
Man with No Name
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Lopez
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Can she shut up about that? And can he stop being dramatic and just lead? Not surprised Jimbo doesn't want to go to FA recruitment meetings; he might not even be around a year or two from now.

Yeah, I'm kind of disappointed that Jeanie made this public. There was no need to get these media leeches even more excited and add fuel to the fire. That being said, and i've said this in another thread too, D'Angelo Russell and Julius Randle are literally the only people that can save us. I absolutely hate putting pressure on kids not even old enough to drink but this is the corner we're fighting out of. If those two kids can show the basketball world that they can play at a high level, we'll be fine. The key to this mess going away is through them. Which is why after DeAndre and LaMarcus embarrasses us tomorrow, We should focus in on bringing in guys on short term deals to help showcase these two kids this season. At the end of the day, these kids are the very fruits of our futility these past two seasons. Get D'Angelo an extra shooter to pass to and get a rim protector to help Julius. Showcase the positives Laker Front Office and dont waste time chasing the last generation of players that hate Kobe.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
WE WANT TACOS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:58 am    Post subject:

Time to give Elden Campbell a call.
bum2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Dondre wrote:
Okafor is somewhere laughing right now

Yeah because Philly is sunshine and lollipops.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: