*******Wimbledon*******
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I have Directv I sometimes watch on 701. It's split screen usually 3 or 4 matches at one time.

Anderson's up on Djo 7 6, 1 1

Yeah. Their mix channel for all the four majors is awesome. I used follow tennis religiously but nowadays only watch the majors and not til the second week.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
I have Directv I sometimes watch on 701. It's split screen usually 3 or 4 matches at one time.

Yeah. Their mix channel for all the four majors is awesome. I used follow tennis religiously but nowadays only watch the majors and not til the second week.

I don't think Djo's quite gotten over his loss at Roland Garros. He's coming back 7 6, 7 6, 6 1, up 3 1 4th set.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:26 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
I didn't see it either but I was listening to some commentary and they said Serena looked sharp. That's great to hear because her next two opponents are Azarenka and most likely Sharapova. I hope she Serena Smashes both of them. Both of their draws were a joke.

Watching Federer now. He looks good and it looks like Giles Simon is going to take out Berdych for him.

Federer looks good, but so does Murray. I think it will be a really tough semis for Fed. A final of Murray and Djokovic on grass would be really interesting, but I'd like to see Federer go out on top.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I don't think Djo's quite gotten over his loss at Roland Garros. He's coming back 7 6, 7 6, 6 1, up 3 1 4th set.

I was wondering why Novak was playing on Court 1 and Roger was playing on Centre Court? I know Roger's a Wimbledon legend but Novak is the #1 seed and the defending Wimbledon champion.
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Djokovic in a tight one. They should have kept playing on center, Djokovic had momentum.

Murray should meet Federer later. Murray aggressive looks good. Federer cruising against journeymen. Wawrinka may be in the final after beating Djokovic again. Glad Cilic is playing well again after USO win. Top 4 mens seeds may end up there. Kyrgios lost it, too bad. Could be #1 someday if he gets his head on straight and physical strength built up.

Serena has a tough road. Hope she destroys banshee azarenka in the least time physically possible. Same for whoever plays Sharapova.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:32 am    Post subject:

Serena not looking good. Azarenka is serving and returning beautifully right now and dictating points.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:36 am    Post subject:

Serena's committing too many unforced errors. She's missing shots that would even the match. Seems to be tight.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:01 am    Post subject:

It almost makes you wonder whether she does this on purpose.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject:

Almost right after I posted how well Azarenka was serving her first serve % started dropping.

Serena's crushing her 2nd serves now and it's starting to get in her head.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Kinda makes you wonder if she has shares in Eli Lilly. Prozac sales must skyrocket when she plays.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:34 am    Post subject:

Serena still on track for the calendar slam. During post match interview she said, no slam conversation, with a smile.

Who started the "C'mon" self admonishment when a important point in won?

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:02 pm    Post subject:

For so many years now, only Serena can stop Serena. But she does sometimes when she feels a lot of pressure. Glad one banshee is down, hope Serena takes down the next one. Was hoping Madison Keys would represent in the other half.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:32 pm    Post subject:

I hope Muguruza comes through on the other half of the draw. Radwanska's entertaining to watch but she'll get killed by Serena or Maria. She's beaten Radwanska twice this year.

Muguruza's the one who knocked Serena out of the French Open last year.
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Serena is so good that the only person who ever beats her is Serena. For the past several years, it's always been about her falling to the level of her opponents. I don't think she does it on purpose, but she certainly is the one in control, for better or worse of every match she plays when healthy.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:32 am    Post subject:

Every tournament the talk is "is this his last visit here?"

When he plays like he did today he definitely can make it back.

Federer's serving was monstrous, and he is still moving very well.

Hopefully he brings it against Djokovic who is clearly the best player in the world.

BTW, did anyone doubt Serena would dismantle Sharapova? The most dangerous thing in tennis is a motivated Serena Williams, and she always brings it to Sharapova.

Hopefully I can catch her final tomorrow morning, I don't expect it to take very long
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am    Post subject:

Shlumpledink wrote:
Every tournament the talk is "is this his last visit here?"

When he plays like he did today he definitely can make it back.

Federer's serving was monstrous, and he is still moving very well.

Hopefully he brings it against Djokovic who is clearly the best player in the world.

BTW, did anyone doubt Serena would dismantle Sharapova? The most dangerous thing in tennis is a motivated Serena Williams, and she always brings it to Sharapova.

Hopefully I can catch her final tomorrow morning, I don't expect it to take very long

this guy is just so ridiculously good. GOAT, sorry Nadal, Pete, Laver. I thought Nadal would be. That he can play like this at this age? Just like Serena, the GOAT easy.

Djokovic will be a tough out, but thinking Federer's got it. Great thing is should be a well played match, maybe alltimer. I just hope it's a classic more than 3 sets. Repeat of last year's 5 sets wouldn't be too bad.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:50 am    Post subject:

Serena = hammer

Sharapova = nail

simple as that
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:00 am    Post subject:

Serena started slow. Muguruza broke he early. Serena's settled down and looks like it's going to be a 2 set match.

Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

I don't know if Women's tennis is at its all time low now, or maybe Serena is just making the competition look ridiculous...
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:33 am    Post subject:

Seems like Serena has to have her back against the wall to get her started.

6 4, 6 4. Serena still on the calendar slam road.

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Seems like Serena has to have her back against the wall to get her started.

6 4, 6 4. Serena still on the calendar slam road.

It almost seemed like she gave away that game serving at 5-1 in the 2nd set just to stay on court awhile longer.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:54 pm    Post subject:

After Serena and Venus Williams pulled out of the Women's Doubles tournament, the title ended up going to Martina Hingis (and reigning world number 1 doubles player, Sania Mirza).

Hingis, now 34, last won the Wimbledon Doubles title in 1998 (with Jana Novotna) as a 17-year-old!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

Wolverine wrote:
After Serena and Venus Williams pulled out of the Women's Doubles tournament, the title ended up going to Martina Hingis (and reigning world number 1 doubles player, Sania Mirza).

Hingis, now 34, last won the Wimbledon Doubles title in 1998 (with Jana Novotna) as a 17-year-old!

When they pulled out it made me think Serena really wants to get the calendar slam. She'll eventually win 22 or more slams. The calendar is the goal now.

focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

When they pulled out it made me think Serena really wants to get the calendar slam. She'll eventually win 22 or more slams. The calendar is the goal now.

Pretty exciting US Open ahead. Every match for her should be a night match, and she will definitely have to battle her nerves, maybe more than ever. Pressure might be as much as any player has faced since I can remember. Maybe Murray had that much before his Wimbledon win, but probably not. Everyone will be talking about the Grand Slam calendar year, will be on other sports' minds, TV ratings should be crazy as long as she keeps winnng. Other players are probably better on hard court than grass, except for Muguruza and Kvitova maybe. She should totally take care of her body, and mind and relax as much as possible. So basically whatever she's been doing.

Picking Federer tomorrow in a tough match. If Djokovic loses 1st set, Fed could roll in 3 with Djokovic getting nervous and mad as whole crowd goes for Federer.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:36 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Wolverine wrote:

Pretty exciting US Open ahead. Every match for her should be a night match, and she will definitely have to battle her nerves, maybe more than ever. Pressure might be as much as any player has faced since I can remember. Maybe Murray had that much before his Wimbledon win, but probably not. Everyone will be talking about the Grand Slam calendar year, will be on other sports' minds, TV ratings should be crazy as long as she keeps winnng. Other players are probably better on hard court than grass, except for Muguruza and Kvitova maybe. She should totally take care of her body, and mind and relax as much as possible. So basically whatever she's been doing.

Picking Federer tomorrow in a tough match. If Djokovic loses 1st set, Fed could roll in 3 with Djokovic getting nervous and mad as whole crowd goes for Federer.

She battled her nerves today. You could see it when she was up 5 1. She was broken at love and blew championship points too get it to 5 4. I thought it was nerves.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: