Lakers In The News - 7/6/2015: Lakers Working on Sign-and-Trade Deal for Bulls’ Taj Gibson? - Summer League Training Camp Report
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Russell, Clarkson sharing the court for now

Baxter Holmes, ESPN Staff Writer

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Soon after the Los Angeles Lakers selected D'Angelo Russell with the second overall pick in last month's NBA draft, the focus turned to their other promising young guard, Jordan Clarkson, and what the addition of Russell meant for him.

Could they play together, each sharing point guard duties, or would they instead be competing for minutes?

For now, the two took the court together Monday at the team’s training facility as the Lakers’ summer-league squad held its first practice leading into Friday’s game against the Minnesota Timberwolves in Las Vegas.

Clarkson came away quite impressed with the 6-foot-5 Russell, a 19-year-old who played one standout season at Ohio State.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/lakers/post/_/id/41710/russell-clarkson-sharing-the-court-for-now?ex_cid=espnapi_public
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakers News: Young Core React to First Summer Practice
by Anthony F. Irwin 1h ago

The lottery, draft, rumors, trade and everything else are starting to look like recent history. Today, the Lakers summer team gathered for its first practice together and had plenty to say afterward.

First, they spoke about competing in the Las Vegas Summer League this weekend:I’m going to treat everything like it’s a playoff game."

http://lakeshowlife.com/2015/07/06/lakers-news-young-core-react-to-first-summer-practice/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Are Here: Home » News » Jordan Clarkson On Julius Randle: ‘He’s A Monster With The Ball’
Jordan Clarkson On Julius Randle: ‘He’s A Monster With The Ball’
Posted by: Ryan Ward Posted date: July 06, 2015 In: News | Comments :

With the first NBA Summer League practice in the books, no player has received more high praise than Julius Randle. Although the former Kentucky star missed the majority of his first season in the NBA, the Los Angeles Lakers have high hopes for the 20-year-old and it appears a lot of people within the organization are getting excited about what they’re seeing.

– Have you seen the ‘Lakers Nation’ phone case? –

Following the first practice in El Segundo, Jordan Clarkson talked about Randle saying the following about his teammate, via Lakers Nation reporter Serena Winters:

http://www.lakersnation.com/jordan-clarkson-on-julius-randle-hes-a-monster-with-the-ball/2015/07/06/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:56 pm    Post subject:

How Roy Hibbert’s Trade To The Lakers Was The Sneakiest Steal Of The Summer
BY SPENCER LUND • 07.06.15

USA TODAY SPORTS

“He’s soft, mentally.” That’s what one of our smartest editors exclaimed when told we’re writing a piece about how smart it was for the Lakers to trade for Roy Hibbert. Before the first week of free agency was up, Indiana successfully offloaded their behemoth in the middle and the 17.8 million he’s on the books for next season in the last year of his contract. The editor wasn’t wrong, either, at least according to accounts of Roy and his play over the last year and a half in the Association. The seven-foot anchor of Indiana’s defense the last three seasons is approaching his nadir, at least in the eyes of most basketball fans and analysts. But, in terms of the Lakers’ needs and what’s available, trading for Roy could very well be the most underrated move we’ll see this offseason. Please take the time to read our explanation before calling us idiots in the comments.*

http://uproxx.com/dimemag/2015/07/roy-hibbert-los-angeles-lakers-trade-smart/
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Summer League Kicks Off With First Practice
by Joey Ramirez
Lakers.com Contributor
Posted: Jul 06, 2015

After sitting out his entire rookie season due to a fractured tibia, Julius Randle was more than ready for the first day of Lakers Summer League practice.

“I had an alarm, and I woke up way before my alarm,” Randle said. “I was just ready to get going.”

The 20-year-old, who estimates that he lost 15 pounds this season, made a quick impression on his teammates, including fellow 2014 draft class member Jordan Clarkson.

“Julius looked really good,” Clarkson said. “He’s a monster with the ball. He’s fast. He’s expanded his game with the outside shot.”

http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/150706_summerleaguepractice

This article got me giddy like a school girl at a Bieber concert.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Can someone help me understand the need for Gibson?
LaxT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Because the Lakers need cap space to sing Lou, I don't think they can absorb Gibson's 8.5M. More likely a third team is involved. For example, Gibson goes to Portland, or any other team with cap space, and the Lakers get a first rounder. Indy another possibility.

For reference, teams with cap space at this point include: Philly, Portland, Indy, Orlando, Phoenix, Utah
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Los Angeles Lakers Rumors: Roy Hibbert Trade Coming, Nick Young Traded? Lou Williams Agrees To Free Agent Deal After LaMarcus Aldridge

By M. Jussim
Jul 04, 2015 01:57 PM EDT
NBA Rumors, NBA Free Agency Rumors, NBA Free Agency, NBA Free Agent Rumors, NBA Free Agency News, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Lakers Rumors, Los Angeles Lakers News, Los Angeles Lakers Free Agents, Los Angeles Lakers Trade Rumors, LA Lakers, Los Angeles Lakers Free Agent Rumors, LA Lakers Free Agency Rumors, LA Lakers Free Agency, Kosta Koufos, Kosta Koufos Grizzlies, Kosta Koufos Free Agent Rumors, Amar'e Stoudemire, Amar'e Stoudemire Free Agent Rumors, Jason Smith Free Agent Rumors, Jason Smith Target, Jordan Hill Rumors, LaMarcus Aldridge San Antonio Spurs, LaMarcus Aldridge Spurs, Roy Hibbert Trade Rumors, DeMarcus Cousins Trade Rumors, NBA Rumors and News

http://www.sportsworldreport.com/articles/54462/20150704/los-angeles-lakers-rumors-kosta-koufos-jason-smith-amare-stoudemire-jordan-hill-free-agent-options-after-lamarcus-aldridge-to-spurs.htm
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:

I think Gibson is a backup plan. If something happens and Brass deal falls apart, we sign Gibson.
Plan A – Brass; plan B – Gibson.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:12 am    Post subject:

s_habe wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

I think Gibson is a backup plan. If something happens and Brass deal falls apart, we sign Gibson.

He does seem a bit redundant but Gibson is a quality big. He can hit that 18-20ft jumper, he's tough, and he's on a nice contract. He's the perfect sub, and, combine that with Lou Williams, along with the potential to add a shot blocking stud to the bench in Upshaw, the maturation of our youngsters, and your building the type of quality that will magnetize the big shots in the league.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
s_habe wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

He does seem a bit redundant but Gibson is a quality big. He can hit that 18-20ft jumper, he's tough, and he's on a nice contract. He's the perfect sub, and, combine that with Lou Williams, along with the potential to add a shot blocking stud to the bench in Upshaw, the maturation of our youngsters, and your building the type of quality that will magnetize the big shots in the league.

Ok then, I was not really sure. Thanks for the explanation
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:31 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
s_habe wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:

Ok then, I was not really sure. Thanks for the explanation

The recent outcome of our failed attempts to acquire Aldridge, Deandre, and others, reflects how barren we are on talent. The acquisition of real solid talent (young and veteran alike), and the impending cap explosion, and Mitch is positioning us quite well. Your welcome
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject:

from the dimemag article:

All due respect to “And 1″ Carlos Boozer, but he’s part of the reason the Lakers gave up more points in the paint than all but five teams last year.

ouch. lol
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:42 am    Post subject:

I thought the Taj Gibson trade was bogus?
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:18 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:

“He’s soft, mentally.” That’s what one of our smartest editors exclaimed when told we’re writing a piece about how smart it was for the Lakers to trade for Roy Hibbert. Before the first week of free agency was up, Indiana successfully offloaded their behemoth in the middle and the 17.8 million he’s on the books for next season in the last year of his contract. The editor wasn’t wrong, either, at least according to accounts of Roy and his play over the last year and a half in the Association. The seven-foot anchor of Indiana’s defense the last three seasons is approaching his nadir, at least in the eyes of most basketball fans and analysts. But, in terms of the Lakers’ needs and what’s available, trading for Roy could very well be the most underrated move we’ll see this offseason. Please take the time to read our explanation before calling us idiots in the comments.*

Interesting article that provide insights from another perspective
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

Interesting article that provide insights from another perspective

I agree.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Funny but... when I mentioned the Lakers snagging Hibbert during this offseason... more than a few people seem to have a big problem with it. Now that we lost out on the other FAs, seems like many of the same people are, all of a sudden, on the Hibbert bandwagon. Just saying...
alexjlake_gr8t
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:45 pm    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
Funny but... when I mentioned the Lakers snagging Hibbert during this offseason... more than a few people seem to have a big problem with it. Now that we lost out on the other FAs, seems like many of the same people are, all of a sudden, on the Hibbert bandwagon. Just saying...

LG doing what it does best your wlcm...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: