Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:03 am    Post subject:

For the argument that he's looking out for his teammates like he's the friggin giver, his actions and stances have 0 bearing on contract negotiations that teammates get into, and he really shouldn't - it's bad business and essentially you make this guy owner and GM. Ridiculous.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

lakerlgnd wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Why Is Lebron James and Marc Gasol Unrestricted? what are they waiting for?

James has said he won't talk to the Cavs until after they deal with Tristan Thompson. That's going to get Tristan a few more million bucks.

Lots of speculation with Gasol is waiting, but no one outside his camp knows for sure.

Isn't it a conflict of interest that Lebron James owns piece of the agency that represents Thompson?

Cleveland can file suit against him if they like
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject:

He wants them to stack the team for an easy championship ride. LeBron doesn't want to work hard, he wants a super team to ride to the championship
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakersMDGurl wrote:
He wants them to stack the team for an easy championship ride. LeBron doesn't want to work hard, he wants a super team to ride to the championship

Who wouldn't want a solid bench to play with? They're just bringing back the same team, which isn't some super-team.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:30 am    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
Lebron is giving the Cavs time to form a super team for him then he'll sign. This way they have more money to go out and fetch those players.

Lebron waiting doesn't give them anymore money. There is something called a cap hold, so his salary counts even before he signs.

ReaListik wrote:
For the argument that he's looking out for his teammates like he's the friggin giver, his actions and stances have 0 bearing on contract negotiations that teammates get into, and he really shouldn't - it's bad business and essentially you make this guy owner and GM. Ridiculous.

Superstars are already de facto GMs and co-owners. If you want a top guy in the league, you have to cater to what he wants, or someone else will.

LakersMDGurl wrote:
.LeBron doesn't want to work hard, he wants a super team to ride to the championship

Every superstar wants a stacked team. Magic, Bird and Jordan all wanted stacked teams -- and they got what they wanted. If you think any superstar prefers to have lesser teammates to make winning a championship more challenging, you're kidding yourself. Every superstar would love to have four all-NBA teammates and a former MVP or two coming off the bench and steamroll the competition.

LakersMDGurl wrote:
He wants them to stack the team for an easy championship ride

There is no easy ride. Plenty of stacked teams have failed to win a ring (the Lakers have failed with stacked teams in the past). You still have to do it on the court. And if you win, ultimately, no one cares how you won or who your teammates were.
improper
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

James has said he won't talk to the Cavs until after they deal with Tristan Thompson. That's going to get Tristan a few more million bucks.

Lots of speculation with Gasol is waiting, but no one outside his camp knows for sure.

So apparently the LeBron holding out stuff was complete BS fabricated by Windhorst, since LeBron immediately signed a contract on the first day of free agency. Meanwhile, Thompson and the Cavs are still working on a deal.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

he is such a caring teammate. No wonder everybody loves to play with bron.
Telleris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Why is Lebron and Gasol still Unrestricted?

improper wrote:
activeverb wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

So apparently the LeBron holding out stuff was complete BS fabricated by Windhorst, since LeBron immediately signed a contract on the first day of free agency. Meanwhile, Thompson and the Cavs are still working on a deal.

what did he need to talk about? he's going to keep signing 1+1 deals til the 2017-18 season where the cap hits $110m and he can sign for 185 over 5 or whatever the heck crazy number it'll be.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject:

Wait, I thought Lebron had all this leverage?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject:

LeBron James signs deal to return to Cavs

LINK

I believe LBJ will end his career with Cleveland. Gilbert surprised me by the way he went deep pockets. He's got Love for 5 years.
Quote:
Love signed a five-year, $113 million deal to stay with the Cavaliers.
I've never been a Love fan so I'm not that enamored with the deal.

I think Dan will open the bank for Thompson also. He and LeBron want too be the ones to bring a championship to Cleveland since 1964.

LeBron's showing some smarts. He's only signed through next season, When the new salary cap is upped he''ll be in a great position to sign another 2 year option.

I'm going out on a limb early. If the Cavs stay healthy I'm picking them to bring home the Larry O'Brien.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

LINK

I believe LBJ will end his career with Cleveland. Gilbert surprised me by the way he went deep pockets. He's got Love for 5 years.
Quote:

I think Dan will open the bank for Thompson also. He and LeBron want too be the ones to bring a championship to Cleveland since 1964.

LeBron's showing some smarts. He's only signed through next season, When the new salary cap is upped he''ll be in a great position to sign another 2 year option.

I'm going out on a limb early. If the Cavs stay healthy I'm picking them to bring home the Larry O'Brien.

id rather have him win than the spurs or the clippers.....
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

I like seeing sports history made.

Cleveland hasn't had a winning pro team since the 1964 Browns. LeBron would join the likes of Jim Brown if he's instrumental in bringing a championship to the city.

As a Laker fan I wish it were a Laker player doing something great. As a sports fan I'd feel fortunate to be a Witness.

Let the roasting begin.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:14 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

Quote:

I like seeing sports history made.

Cleveland hasn't had a winning pro team since the 1964 Browns. LeBron would join the likes of Jim Brown if he's instrumental in bringing a championship to the city.

As a Laker fan I wish it were a Laker player doing something great. As a sports fan I'd feel fortunate to be a Witness.

Let the roasting begin.

I'm with you on this. Let's go pro lebron considering he's on a 1 year deal bring a championship to Cleveland and have him bounce from there. 😀
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: