Nuggets trade guard Ty Lawson to Rockets
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:36 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:

The Spurs don't give away the last game or the game vs NY, and you are out in the first round like last year, even with all your players healthy.

What about the games that we gave away that allowed the Spurs to catch us in the first place? We would be out in round 1 vs a team we beat in round 2?

Luke wrote:

By the way, it's not difficult to verify it the next season : you added Lawson and you'll have (hopefully) all your guys healthy for the playoffs : you should do better than last season , if you were not extremely lucky this year.

The Spurs, Clippers, Thunder and Grizzlies got better this year as well, correct?

Luke wrote:

I bet you'll do worse ...

It's possible, but it still wouldn't translate to us getting lucky when we had more games missed to injury than any contender and were down 2 starters in the playoffs.
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

What about the games that we gave away that allowed the Spurs to catch us in the first place? We would be out in round 1 vs a team we beat in round 2?

Yes. Besides their big choke job, I believe the Clippers were gassed in the second round after 13 games played, because they had almost no bench., not to mention Chris Paul injured.
First round Clippers, the way they played vs the Spurs, would have swept your team.

Quote:

The Spurs, Clippers, Thunder and Grizzlies got better this year as well, correct?

Memphis isn't getting better at all, and the Thunder will be better only if Durant is completely healthy ( I hope he is, but I have a lot of doubts).

Clippers are better on paper, but only if Lance and Josh are not a negative for the team, which has often happened to them in the past.

Spurs upgraded LMA over Splitter, but the big 3 will be one year older.

Bottom line, you could have the most improved team of the last season, if healthy, with Lawson plus two " starters" you were missing this playoffs. You and the Clippers, if Doc can do miracles with some heads...
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 am    Post subject:

Gassed...in round 2.

The Clippers had their shot to beat us. They lost. Woulda lost a round earlier. Either way, there was no luck involved in earning a top 2 seed to play Dallas. You play for higher seeds to catch easier matchups. It's kinda the point....
Luke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Gassed...in round 2.

Did you see the Clippers vs the Spurs and then the Rockets? Two seven game series , with a very short rotation for the Clippers and Paul hurt.

First round Clippers who beat the Spurs, would have swept your team with an average of 20 points.

Quote:
The Clippers had their shot to beat us. They lost. Woulda lost a round earlier. Either way, there was no luck involved in earning a top 2 seed to play Dallas. You play for higher seeds to catch easier matchups. It's kinda the point....

The next season will show if you were lucky or you were getting better : my bet is that you were lucky...
GonzagaAlum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say... Rockets, Spurs, Clippers, Warriors... The carnage will be epic. 3 fan bases with talent that could beat the Cavs will be greatly disappointed. Of course because the Cavs essentially get a free pass in the post season... they'll have an advantage in the finals.

I would be willing to pay you for it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
We need to find a way to get Daryl Morey to the Lakers when Mitch retires. Ryan West as the GM and Daryl Morey as VP of Basketball Operation (when Jim is relieved of his duties)

Morey has done well when you compared the last few years to Jimbo.

However, Morey still has not won a championship.

He has put his team are a lot closer than the Lakes so we will see if he is able to take it over the top.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject:

Luke wrote:

The next season will show if you were lucky or you were getting better : my bet is that you were lucky...

Next season will show who the best teams are next season, which has nada to do with who the best teams were last season, especially since every Western contender is different aside from GS (and even they lost Lee).
1hu2ren3dui4
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:59 pm    Post subject:

The best player on that team plays no defense and the best defender on that team has a fork stuck in his back. I don't see a troubled basketball player dealing with alcohol problems changing that. Rockets are resigned to where they were this year. Good but not good enough.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: